View Poll Results: Which filter B+W or Hoya....??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • B + W 77mm #110 3.0 (1000x) Neutral Density Glass Filter

    12 54.55%
  • Hoya 77mm Neutral Density ND-400 X, 9 Stop Multi-Coated Glass Filter

    10 45.45%
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Which ND filter is for me...????

  1. #1

    Default Which ND filter is for me...????

    Hi all,

    I have listed these 2 filters.

    1) B + W 77mm #110 3.0 (1000x) Neutral Density Glass Filter
    2) Hoya 77mm Neutral Density ND-400 X, 9 Stop Multi-Coated Glass Filter

    At Amazon B+W 77mm is selling at $99.95
    Hoya 400 is selling at $158.85

    I understand many people said B+W filter quality is solid and good.

    Please kindly advice.... thanks...!!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    depends on you, one is a 9 stop filter, one is 10 stop...

    to be honest, i don't see much difference..... just the stops. used both before.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    depends on you, one is a 9 stop filter, one is 10 stop...

    to be honest, i don't see much difference..... just the stops. used both before.
    OK, Since there is no diff..
    But there are a price diff between this 2 filter....

    quality wish which will be better?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    OK, Since there is no diff..
    But there are a price diff between this 2 filter....

    quality wish which will be better?
    probably b+w.. marginal.

    as to why hoya is selling so expensive in western countries (if your 158 is in western country price).... i don't know why

  5. #5

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    probably b+w.. marginal.

    as to why hoya is selling so expensive in western countries (if your 158 is in western country price).... i don't know why
    Both pricing are from amazon.com....
    When I saw the price diff I was

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Both pricing are from amazon.com....
    When I saw the price diff I was
    ask lord's for their price, should be cheaper

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    There's such price difference because B+W's not multi-coated...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ask lord's for their price, should be cheaper
    I believe TS is not staying in Sin

  9. #9

    Default Re: Which ND filter is for me...????

    Thanks for the advice!
    I got my ND8 Zeta kenko filter.
    Is good..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •