Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

  1. #41
    Member NeTHaCk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    i saw an event where the photographer got too pissed off with the pro wannabes despite telling the client and the wannabes that he walked out of the shoot. i dont blame him. those guys were really getting into his nerves.

    in the end, what i heard photographer paid in full because of contract but no wedding shots were given. all the shots were given by relatives and those wannabes.. and they got a hell of a scolding from both clients and the wannabe's family to the extent family ties were strain.

    i dunno what happend, some very far relative of mine.. but i heard one the wannabe's family , the parents sold off the kid's camera and kicked him out of the hosue . didnt ask much detail cause wasnt close. more of like.. dad's cousin's cousin sister/brother son

  2. #42

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    i saw an event where the photographer got too pissed off with the pro wannabes despite telling the client and the wannabes that he walked out of the shoot. i dont blame him. those guys were really getting into his nerves.

    in the end, what i heard photographer paid in full because of contract but no wedding shots were given. all the shots were given by relatives and those wannabes.. and they got a hell of a scolding from both clients and the wannabe's family to the extent family ties were strain.

    i dunno what happend, some very far relative of mine.. but i heard one the wannabe's family , the parents sold off the kid's camera and kicked him out of the hosue . didnt ask much detail cause wasnt close. more of like.. dad's cousin's cousin sister/brother son
    Woah power! I guess the shots must have turned out pretty bad?
    Photographer @ A Merry Moment

  3. #43

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I think if I come looking like this, no one would bother me... LOL!!

    If you wear like this to countries like malaysia / indonesia or even crowded places in singapore like little india, there is a high chance that you will be asking yourself to be followed and eventually robbed.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,633

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    I feel you, TS. Sort it out with your clients (the bride and bridegroom) because they are the ones who will be receiving the photographs and if they expect good quality, they should conform to your expectations as far as having a tagalong or not (read: jerk with 'pro' camera).

    Whenever I am a guest at a wedding and want to shoot, I'll always ask permission from the bride and bridegroom first. If they say yes, and if the hired photographer has a short break in the action, I'll scoot over to him and make conversation (usually a smile and a wave of the camera will start one) and assure him / her that I will not get in the way of his or her work. He will do all the official work, I will do something else that will benefit the couple in the end (second perspective of their important day) and also benefit my portfolio. Best way to not kajiao a hired pro is to stay away from him and not get in his shots.

    So yeah, to the TS, complain to the bride and groom, and follow that by telling the apparent 'pro' off.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  5. #45
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Hey why not post some fail shots if it isnt clashing with your company/client policy

  6. #46

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Hope everything turned out OK for TS.

    I was at a wedding as a guest. I think there was a team of 3 photographers hired for the wedding, and at least half a dozen wannabes shooting.

    It turned out to be a shouting circus, as the official photography team let the situation go out of hand. There was a number of group shots done, by the entire jinggang.

    Btw, this was during the days of film camera.

    A few months later, I was over at my friend's and they show me the pictures. All of the group shots, well, seemed like everyone was looking at a different photographers. My friend was complaining, and I just smiled.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #47
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,820

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Hope everything turned out OK for TS.

    I was at a wedding as a guest. I think there was a team of 3 photographers hired for the wedding, and at least half a dozen wannabes shooting.

    It turned out to be a shouting circus, as the official photography team let the situation go out of hand. There was a number of group shots done, by the entire jinggang.

    Btw, this was during the days of film camera.

    A few months later, I was over at my friend's and they show me the pictures. All of the group shots, well, seemed like everyone was looking at a different photographers. My friend was complaining, and I just smiled.
    I ever share some tips for how to deal with such situation here.

    if somebody ever try to shoot beside me during I'm taking a group photo, I will ask him/she lower the camera when I'm taking, he can take AFTER I have done mine.

    If anyone does not compile, I will tell the group that someone is not looking at my camera when I took the photo, do they want to retake or just leave it as it is? So for whatever choice they made, people know the fault is not on me.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #48

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Event was over two days ago and happy to say that everything went well. The guy didn't show up till the event was almost over the following day, and when he did, he wasn't in my way at all. Pictures weren't affected, and the bride and groom were informed of the 'problem' we had on the first day. Thanks for the advice all.
    masamri.amir
    |project.photoworks|

  9. #49
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,759

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moruzawa View Post
    Event was over two days ago and happy to say that everything went well. The guy didn't show up till the event was almost over the following day, and when he did, he wasn't in my way at all. Pictures weren't affected, and the bride and groom were informed of the 'problem' we had on the first day. Thanks for the advice all.
    Good for you then...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #50
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: Upset at Bedok Resevoir (Please Read)

    I guess its job well done...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •