Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 340

Thread: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

  1. #181

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Errr...after 9pgs liao...so when u gonna get ur cam??
    Lol, I'm waiting on a couple of e-quotes right now. It sucks for me because I've pretty much chosen Canon lenses, but honestly feel that the current body offerings (500D and 50D) suffer from a poor quality sensor.

  2. #182
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    Lol, I'm waiting on a couple of e-quotes right now. It sucks for me because I've pretty much chosen Canon lenses, but honestly feel that the current body offerings (500D and 50D) suffer from a poor quality sensor.
    man...i would recommend u to go for 5DmkII lor...

  3. #183

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    man...i would recommend u to go for 5DmkII lor...
    Sure, if you carry it around for me :P

  4. #184
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    Sure, if you carry it around for me :P
    sure..if u pass it to me for safe keep..

    when u nn it, just give me a ring..

  5. #185

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    sure..if u pass it to me for safe keep..

    when u nn it, just give me a ring..
    How about a lovely new lens to go with your lovely new camera...

    http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-conten...anoniolens.pdf

  6. #186
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    How about a lovely new lens to go with your lovely new camera...

    http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-conten...anoniolens.pdf
    nah....i prefer prime lens..

    so quick quick get ur cam n SSS with us...

    we are waiting for u to join the light...

  7. #187

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    nah....i prefer prime lens..

    so quick quick get ur cam n SSS with us...

    we are waiting for u to join the light...
    SSS? Huh?

  8. #188
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    SSS? Huh?
    SSS = shoot shoot shoot

    haiz...sure noe u never read....

    See HERE...

    quick quick get ur cam n close this thread b4 mod think our chat OT and shift to kopitam and u lose all ur post count...

  9. #189

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Ok ok. As long as nobody makes fun of me for 'only' having a Canon 450D!

  10. #190
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    Ok ok. As long as nobody makes fun of me for 'only' having a Canon 450D!
    for ur info...i'm having a 450D....

  11. #191

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    I think my decision is pretty much final.

    Unless somebody can point me towards Nikon lenses (or third party lenses) that match the following in terms of IS, USM, focal range and aperture...
    EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM
    EF 24-105L F/4 IS USM
    EF 70-200L F/4 IS USM (note I only want F/4 because the F/2.8 is too expensive and heavy)
    Last edited by MelbourneGuy; 5th May 2009 at 12:06 AM.

  12. #192

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    I think my decision is pretty much final.

    Unless somebody can point me towards Nikon lenses (or third party lenses) that match the following in terms of IS, USM, focal range and aperture...
    EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM
    EF 24-105L F/4 IS USM
    EF 70-200L F/4 IS USM (note I only want F/4 because the F/2.8 is too expensive and heavy)
    Good for you. Go purchase it.
    Just one more suggestion from me (as I mentioned in my previous post) try not to purchase the EF 24-105L F/4 IS USM and EF 70-200L F/4 IS USM for the time being. Probably hold for 2 weeks. Try your 17-55 1st. You may realized you do not need the other 2.

    Or you may realized you need longer reach. Still not late to buy it.

    You may realized, some CSer only have 70-200 and a prime like 50 or 85; some others only have 17-55 with prime like 50 or 35; some prefer wider, have 10-22 + 17-55.

    anyway, not going to add more 'mental load' for you.

    Good luck

  13. #193

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Good for you. Go purchase it.
    Just one more suggestion from me (as I mentioned in my previous post) try not to purchase the EF 24-105L F/4 IS USM and EF 70-200L F/4 IS USM for the time being. Probably hold for 2 weeks. Try your 17-55 1st. You may realized you do not need the other 2.

    Or you may realized you need longer reach. Still not late to buy it.

    You may realized, some CSer only have 70-200 and a prime like 50 or 85; some others only have 17-55 with prime like 50 or 35; some prefer wider, have 10-22 + 17-55.

    anyway, not going to add more 'mental load' for you.

    Good luck
    Oh for sure! I can't afford everything at once. Will start with the 17-55 and buy more when I know I need it. Still need a good Manfrotto tripod and looking into a beginner's dSLR course

    The three lenses I've listed I think make up a pretty fantastic selection across the focal range. I just wish Canon updated their EF-S 17-85 lens...you really do need to settle for poorer image quality in order to get the ideal walkaround focal range.

  14. #194

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    Oh for sure! I can't afford everything at once. Will start with the 17-55 and buy more when I know I need it. Still need a good Manfrotto tripod and looking into a beginner's dSLR course

    The three lenses I've listed I think make up a pretty fantastic selection across the focal range. I just wish Canon updated their EF-S 17-85 lens...you really do need to settle for poorer image quality in order to get the ideal walkaround focal range.
    I'm not sure how much the Manfrotto tripod cost, but if you want to save a bit, can check for Benro as well. There is a thread in mass sell section. Their shops in Peninsular shopping center, if i remember correctly.

    Remember save some $$ for dry cabinet.

    Also, sign up the free camera course by Canon, learn to understand the camera before can utilized it properly. And read the user manual.

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    I think my decision is pretty much final.

    Unless somebody can point me towards Nikon lenses (or third party lenses) that match the following in terms of IS, USM, focal range and aperture...
    EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM
    EF 24-105L F/4 IS USM
    EF 70-200L F/4 IS USM (note I only want F/4 because the F/2.8 is too expensive and heavy)
    yes, you have decided on your equipment, we canon user welcome you to our family.

    17-55mm f2.8 IS USM > no words to describe its performance except for its price. it is an L lens that dont have an "L" and that red ring round the len.

    24-105mm L f4 IS USM > the good range for walk around shoot

    70-200mm f4 L IS USM > buy it when you need the range but if you start off with this lens than you will face problem again. but you will still face problem again after you buy it later as you have been complaining too heavy over a small body for the past 9pages already. all white len is make of solid metal, no play play and it is super heavy.

  16. #196

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Yeah, unfortunately I'm going for a 3-part lens solution rather than a great walkaround lens because I don't think the 17-85 lens is very good.
    Is a 17-55 usable as a walkabout, or does it not go far enough? What about the 24-105...on a crop body does that not go wide enough for a walkaround? I don't want to carry both around.

  17. #197
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately I'm going for a 3-part lens solution rather than a great walkaround lens because I don't think the 17-85 lens is very good.
    Is a 17-55 usable as a walkabout, or does it not go far enough? What about the 24-105...on a crop body does that not go wide enough for a walkaround? I don't want to carry both around.
    Hi 17-55mm is 90% of the time mounted on my body. i using it for walkard too.

    TS let me suggest you one thing first. maybe you want to ignore whether the crop body will give you how wide or how narrow it is, consider this after you intend to go into full frame body. as for a starter we dont need to bother so much on effect on crop sensor but just a good combo to carry out what we need thats all. so for 24-105mm it is still a wide angle len to be use for walkard shoot.

    dont waste so much time thinking abt all this, just get a suitable lens of your budget and play ard first. you still have alot of thing more to figure out then this wide angle on crop issue.

    IMO, 17-55mm is the best choice for crop body. ideally it can shoot moderate landscape and moderate portrait too.

  18. #198

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    I really wanted a bit more reach for a walkaround lens, along the lines of Canon's 17-85 (although the quality of this lens isn't fantastic) or Nikon's 16-85 lens. The wide angle is good for a cropped body. Going to the 24-105 in the Canon lens means you do lose out on the wide end. Seems you can never have it all.

    What's this free camera course by Canon? Does it only apply to the purchase of new cameras? I've been looking at the prices of second hand 450D bodies in these forum pages and the prices people are asking are ridiculous. Only save about $100 for a second hand camera...I'd rather pay the extra $100 and get it brand new.

  19. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneGuy View Post
    I really wanted a bit more reach for a walkaround lens, along the lines of Canon's 17-85 (although the quality of this lens isn't fantastic) or Nikon's 16-85 lens. The wide angle is good for a cropped body. Going to the 24-105 in the Canon lens means you do lose out on the wide end. Seems you can never have it all.

    What's this free camera course by Canon? Does it only apply to the purchase of new cameras? I've been looking at the prices of second hand 450D bodies in these forum pages and the prices people are asking are ridiculous. Only save about $100 for a second hand camera...I'd rather pay the extra $100 and get it brand new.
    yes, go for a new one instead.

  20. #200

    Default Re: Canon 500D (T1i) vs Nikon D90

    Looking at all the differences between the 450D and 500D, most of the new things I don't want anyway. Movie mode, the extra (noisier) megapixels, HDMI out, creative auto mode, etc...not overly worried about that. The clearer, brighter screen would be nice to have but I can live without it. What is concerning me is that the 500D now has Peripheral Illumination Correction to fix vignetting, whereas the 450D doesn't. Is this an issue? Can it be fixed in Photoshop, or is it really good to have?
    Last edited by MelbourneGuy; 5th May 2009 at 09:32 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •