Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Body Worlds at Expo

  1. #1

    Default Body Worlds at Expo

    any planned outings? anyone knows if photography is allowed?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member kiama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    .SG
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Not Allowed

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    any planned outings? anyone knows if photography is allowed?
    When will the exhibition end?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  5. #5

    Default been there..

    exhibition ends 8th feb.

    no photography allowed, but you can buy the book...$35 which has all the pictures.


    it's hard to believe that the bodies are real, they look so plastic..
    but they come with everything...

    oh, if you like to see how those hardware goes into the bones to fix them when they are broken, they have good models..

    but definitely not for the fainthearted.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyflash
    I thought they replaced some parts with plastic?
    I had went to London to visit this exhibition when it was there last year. Very intriguing and, no doubt, certain "items" on exhibit are very controversial too. I thought this exhibition would never have made it to Singapore.

    The parts are not replaced by plastic! The body and parts are preserved by a method called plastination. You can read more from here

    http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/plastination.asp

  7. #7

    Default

    yeah, I certainly would like to learn how to preserve bodies too...(ok: fish bodies..hahah)

  8. #8

    Default

    No photography?!! No fair!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    No photography?!! No fair!!
    Why not?
    They are copyrighted works of art. No reproduction or transmission of any kind without prior permission. Permission to view does not automatically grant you the permission to take pictures.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 10th November 2003 at 09:56 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Why not?
    They are copyrighted works of art. No reproduction or transmission of any kind without prior permission. Permission to view does automatically grant you the permission to take pictures.
    Huh?
    You do mean that "Permission to view does not automatically grant you the permission to take pictures"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    desert
    Posts
    363

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by SMM
    I had went to London to visit this exhibition when it was there last year. Very intriguing and, no doubt, certain "items" on exhibit are very controversial too. I thought this exhibition would never have made it to Singapore.

    The parts are not replaced by plastic! The body and parts are preserved by a method called plastination. You can read more from here

    http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/plastination.asp

    ermm....plastination is a process whereby the body fluids and fats are replaced by plastic.
    Not the parts...so naturally they look plastic.
    Imagine instead of blood flowing thru the blood vessels...inside are plastic.
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    476

    Default Plastic

    Quote Originally Posted by jnifur
    ermm....plastination is a process whereby the body fluids and fats are replaced by plastic.
    Not the parts...so naturally they look plastic.
    Imagine instead of blood flowing thru the blood vessels...inside are plastic.

    So they are infact plastic, not real body parts.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    yeah, I certainly would like to learn how to preserve bodies too...(ok: fish bodies..hahah)
    just keep the fish in the freezer lor

  14. #14

    Default

    I wonder whether they should end earlier. I don't think they will have much visitors during the CNY period.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Anyone know the admission charge?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  16. #16

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Anyone know the admission charge?
    Its 18bucks for adult....think for student theres a concession price of 12bucks....
    oh entry for kids under 6 is free i think....
    only sure that adult is 18bucks!

    -Cheers!
    I'm going for sure!!

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMM
    I had went to London to visit this exhibition when it was there last year. Very intriguing and, no doubt, certain "items" on exhibit are very controversial too. I thought this exhibition would never have made it to Singapore.

    The parts are not replaced by plastic! The body and parts are preserved by a method called plastination. You can read more from here

    http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/plastination.asp
    totally agree!! amazing exhibition - saw it in London last year too!! they even found a way to preserve the whole network of blood vessels!

    not to be missed!

    and the book is really good too, worth buying - for "biology" lessons.. very thick and allows you to relive the exhibition again and again..

  18. #18

    Default

    is the exhibition open for public already? i thought they still don't have the permission yet?

  19. #19

    Default

    opened to public, thankfully MDA allowed it (imho, they shouldn't have a say to it anyway, ticketed entry is caveat emptor, you don't want to see it is your own business, don't prevent others from doing so.)

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongWay
    Its 18bucks for adult....think for student theres a concession price of 12bucks....
    oh entry for kids under 6 is free i think....
    only sure that adult is 18bucks!

    -Cheers!
    I'm going for sure!!
    Poly students also $12 ?????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •