Thread: Debriefing the Nikon/CS/NPS Sungei Buloh Wildlife Workshop ...

Smile Debriefing the Nikon/CS/NPS Sungei Buloh Wildlife Workshop ...

On behalf of everyone,

A big THANK YOU to all who had made this workshop a reality and success.

Our thanks goes to ...

Nikon Singapore for making this possible by sponsoring the bulk of the setup cost and by providing their exotic gear for this workshop.

The National Parks Board and Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve for their kind approval for us to conduct the workshop there.

The speakers and guides, Peng Eik/Chee Wai/Dennis/Sai Khoon/Vincent/Boen Hian, whom graciously volunteered both their time and effort to guide and educate the participants in Wildlife photography. Special thanks goes to Peng Eik and Chee Wai for the workshop talks, great stuff, especially for the beginners! (and not forgetting Peng Eik who went the extra mile in helping me with the the drinks and providing the projector/screen for the talks )

The workshop volunteers, Larry, Viewfinder, malkw and Kei. These are our fellow CSers who took upon the task and responsiblity of helping in each of the station, the workshop couldn't have gone on so smoothly without anyone of them, and not forgetting our very own Darren who provided the support and mounting plates for the big guns. Thanks guys!

... and finally,

To those who had attended the workshop, thank you for your participation! We hope that this will give you a headstart in wildlife photography.

Peng Eik (chngpe01) giving pointers in his station

Sai Khoon preparing the AF-S 600 f/2.8 setup

Pictures courtesy of Mr Tan Boen Hian from NPS

Apologies for the lack of more pics, the official CF card covering the event was formatted accidentally. We are in the process of trying to recover the images now

So, until the next workshop, this is Avatar signing off!

(PS. For those who had attended station 2 (guided by Peng Eik and Sai Khoon), can you check if you have an extra rear lens cap in your inventory? If there is one, you could have accidentally taken Peng Eik's, kindly PM him for its return. Thanks!)
    Last edited by Avatar; 10th November 2003 at 12:56 PM.

And not forgetting...

My heartfelt appreciation goes out to Avatar for coordinating the entire event so well...

/Applause

I would like to thank Avatar and all others that help making this event successful. Looking forward to more such events. Cheers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    And not forgetting...

My heartfelt appreciation goes out to Avatar for coordinating the entire event so well...

/Applause
    Yes agree with tert, Thanks to Avatar for initiating this outing and giving us in NPS(S) a chance to showcase our members and their expertise too. Hope that in future we can have more of such positive and close collaboration. I for one as a CS and NPS member enjoyed the outing and interaction.

Perhaps one for Canon ??

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01
    Yes agree with tert, Thanks to Avatar for initiating this outing and giving us in NPS(S) a chance to showcase our members and their expertise too. Hope that in future we can have more of such positive and close collaboration. I for one as a CS and NPS member enjoyed the outing and interaction.

Perhaps one for Canon ??

Cheers
    /rubbing hands...

Pre-registration for any possible Canon/NPS/CS event:
    1) tert

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    And not forgetting...

/Applause

Great job!!!!!!!!

In case you guys are interested, there are a few shots of the event at the NPS forums:

http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg...umID4/245.html

Glad to know that u guys had loads of fun at SBWR on Saturday (really wishing I could go but I was working that day and I'm a Canon user too...so... ) I second Chng's suggestion...maybe organize a Canon/NPS/CS workshop in the near future too? I for one would definitely be willing to attend....and so I'm sure loads of other Canon users. It would be a good intro/eye-opener to those of us who are interested in but have not experienced firsthand nature photography.

Hope to see more shots of the event (and of the 'big guns') from u guys...

Learn a bit more about Macro and Bird photography.

Special thanks to Boen Hian, Sai Khoon and Peng Eik for their unselfishness in sharing tips of getting better pics.

Thanks to Avatar for coordinating such a outing so effectively.

Default Image from the outing

Hi all,

I thought I should share this image we caught during our long walk to the D2H hide.

It was jointly spotted/setup by Dennis and myself to capture the image.

Equipment: D1x, AFS500mm f4 + 2TC. Lens own by Nikon Singapore.

Cheers

Vincent

Last edited by Vinnievinyl; 10th November 2003 at 08:36 PM.

Here's a special thanks to Avatar for organising this.

..NuTs..

Firstly, many thanks to Avatar for making this happen.

Also I like to thanks to Boen Hian, Sai Khoon and Peng Eik for their sharing tips.

Some of macro I've learnt to take that day.

Enjoy.

Macro Shot #01

Macro Shot #02

Moderator's Note: CYRN, i've modified your post as your images were way too big. Everyone, to view the shots, pls click on the links above. - Larry
    Last edited by Larry; 12th November 2003 at 12:37 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Blog Entries

Hi just to let everyone know that my rear lens cap has been found. One kind soul after reading the notice on the first posting by Avatar, decided to clear his bag and found it. Thank you very much and thanks to Avatar for putting up the notice.

Thank you all for thy participation, and kind input so far, it has been a great honor to be able to run this workshop. I hope to see you in the next one soon!

Peng Eik, that's COOL! Glad to hear that it is now back to where it belongs