Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry Cabinet i saw at Carre Four 50L - $99

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    how does something like this work? http://www.digihub.com.sg/Detail.asp...5&Cate_Level=2

looking for some real very very compact method to store my cam n stuff. please help. how effective is it?
    A drybox will work just fine as long as you top up with the right amount of silica gel regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    anyone has any idea what is the recommended RH% level??

i always have it at the lowest which is 35% or maybe a bit lower? isit it good?

cheers
    do a search on it. There was some discussion on it some time ago.

thanks guys,

think the manual has been thrown already thats why i don't know the recommended RH% level...

but i think the recommended RH% level for camera is about 45% - 50% right?
    read this article on the web...

anyway... thanks for the help...plinius and helmetbox

cheers

ok...finally got the S$99 cabinet from carrefour......however i need help from fellow forumers who also bought the S$99 cabinet. when i look at electronic dry unit (the grill like thing) at the back of the cabinet, i found a piece of yellow sponge like object inside one of the grill.....is the yellow sponge suppose to be there? could u guys pse check yours....thanks.................

cheers.........

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    ok...finally got the S$99 cabinet from carrefour......however i need help from fellow forumers who also bought the S$99 cabinet. when i look at electronic dry unit (the grill like thing) at the back of the cabinet, i found a piece of yellow sponge like object inside one of the grill.....is the yellow sponge suppose to be there? could u guys pse check yours....thanks.................

cheers.........

hi plinius,

cool...!! good buy...!!

yup, i also hav the yellow sponge at the back of my digi-cabi... think its there to absorb water....! don't remove or do anything to the yellow sponge...! i think have to on the cabinet for a while before putting in the equipment..

cheers...

SuRfTeC,

thanks for the reply...

saw the advertisement for the dry cabinet in today's paper.....i think the stocks will move faster....so those interested...hurry!!!!!

cheers.........

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    hi plinius,

cool...!! good buy...!!

yup, i also hav the yellow sponge at the back of my digi-cabi... think its there to absorb water....! don't remove or do anything to the yellow sponge...! i think have to on the cabinet for a while before putting in the equipment..

cheers...

cheers.........
    ya ... it is supposed to be there .....

just bought mine! if the stock they display is all they have there are about 4-5 left?

that was fast....i got mine at 12pm today, still got ard 10 left........

BUY BUY BUY!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshkoh
    just bought mine! if the stock they display is all they have there are about 4-5 left?

hi all,

for those who got the S$99 cabinet, do u remove your storage card (CF, MMC etc) from your camera before putting it in the cabinet? will the magnetic door has any side effect on the storage card?

thanks..........

cheers.............

hi all,

for those who got the S$99 cabinet, do u remove your storage card (CF, MMC etc) from your camera before putting it in the cabinet? will the magnetic door has any side effect on the storage card?

thanks..........

cheers.............
    I doubt the magnetic strips are strong enough to interfere with the storage cards that are placed in your camera.

At least until now nothing's happen to my CF.

I am from JB, can someone tell me if Carrefour still have the S$99 50L drybox?
    DR KOH KHO KING

There were 2 left at Carrefour Plaza Singapura this evening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123