Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry Cabinet i saw at Carre Four 50L - $99

morning helmetbox,

the one 30L from AP for $70 is using the digital or analog meter, is it magnetic door type.
    how's yr comment so far, i'm considering this cos i need only a 30L for <$100.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    morning helmetbox,

the one 30L from AP for $70 is using the digital or analog meter, is it magnetic door type.
    how's yr comment so far, i'm considering this cos i need only a 30L for <$100.

wah, still got greetings one

GOOD MORNING TOO!

You have to call up to check for stock first cos this model very hot selling (cheap things always hot selling one )

Your answers:

Digital hygrometer and thermometer (I was at AP the other day and saw the same dry box but with a bigger digital meters, looks like can set or something, don't know whether is it more ex or not)

Its a magnetic door type, so if you intend to store media inside that to stay away from magnetic source, then you are better off with the non magnetic types at CP (~$110-140 with Analog meters)

No complains so far. Its only used to store my camera equipments and I don't have much of it so the size is just right. The box has quite a constant RH so no complaints there either.

Its good. Worth every cent I squeezed into it.

Happy sourcing!

helmetbox,

thanks for ye comments, it's always nice to have a good sunday morning ..

on yr mention regarding magnetic door, it's new to me that have to consider the impact due to the magnetic source, can you advise further what you mean by that, what items will be damaged by the magnetic source.

when you last saw the model at AP, where is the cabinet placed (entrance?) ?

thanks !

Anyone has any idea if there are still stocks for the drybox?

Deregistered

If you're talking about the Everone 50L @ $99 at carrefour, yes, there's still stock, there's also stock for the Digi-Cabi 20L $128, 30L $148.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    If you're talking about the Everone 50L @ $99 at carrefour, yes, there's still stock, there's also stock for the Digi-Cabi 20L $128, 30L $148.
    I got mine as well..
    And it's a steal!

Just a reminder, do remember to get your warranty cards from the electronics cashier @ Level 2 (the place where there are lots of TVs and electrical appliances)

Just got mine. There's about 10 or so left.

wah..selling like hotcakes...

i am also keen in getting one, should i get this or Bossmen sold by MS Color? any great difference in quality and build?

thanks................

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    I got mine as well..
    And it's a steal!

Just a reminder, do remember to get your warranty cards from the electronics cashier @ Level 2 (the place where there are lots of TVs and electrical appliances)

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    wah..selling like hotcakes...

i am also keen in getting one, should i get this or Bossmen sold by MS Color? any great difference in quality and build?

thanks................
    Prior to getting mine, I thought that it's not worth it, but I was wrong.
    Build quality is similar to my Toyo Living cabinet.

It's worth it (and further more at only $99!)

Just to ask, for those who bought the cabinet, what are your settings?
    My knob is at 12" position, and it's reached 50%, but it's still going.... It de-humidifies very fast (compared to my Toyo Living again)..

thanks for the input....more or less made up my mind, just hope that still got stock when i go down.........

cheers.............

Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Prior to getting mine, I thought that it's not worth it, but I was wrong.
    Build quality is similar to my Toyo Living cabinet.

It's worth it (and further more at only $99!)

Just to ask, for those who bought the cabinet, what are your settings?
    My knob is at 12" position, and it's reached 50%, but it's still going.... It de-humidifies very fast (compared to my Toyo Living again)..

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    helmetbox,

thanks for ye comments, it's always nice to have a good sunday morning ..

on yr mention regarding magnetic door, it's new to me that have to consider the impact due to the magnetic source, can you advise further what you mean by that, what items will be damaged by the magnetic source.

when you last saw the model at AP, where is the cabinet placed (entrance?) ?

thanks !

Urr, I bought it quite some time ago. They placed it at the back. The one I mentioned with the button meters are placed at the entrance to the right below the display cabinets. As I say I'm not sure whether its selling for the same price. The one at AP is exactly the same 30L sold at DIY stores and carrefour, only diff is brand.

Things that will have the probability of getting corrupted are stuff like disks, CDs, another induced magnet etc. Mostly are those stuff of which in their manual you see these cute pictures running away from magnets with captions like 'keep away from magnetic source'

Hope it helps.

I am from JB, may I know which Carrefour in Singapore that sell the drybox? Or all Carrefour got?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Deregistered

I bought it from Carrefour Suntec. And dang, I didn't get any warranty card from Carrefour, maybe will need to go back and ask for it, sigh.

I turned it near C, now it's about 44%, Trying to make it reach 50%. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I bought it from Carrefour Suntec. And dang, I didn't get any warranty card from Carrefour, maybe will need to go back and ask for it, sigh.

I turned it near C, now it's about 44%, Trying to make it reach 50%. Hmmm.
    I got one yesterday
    Ugggh I did not get the warranty card too
    Looks like I have to go get the warranty card from them....

I cranked it the dial up to the 12 o'clock position and its at 50% quite fast too.
    Maybe if i past a hardware store & have spare change , I'll go get a digital hygrometer...

There is about 10 or so units still available yesterday...
    (For those who are wondering, the door is the magnetic type...)
    Last edited by tush; 21st November 2003 at 02:14 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan
    Hiee....

Just saw some 50L dry cabinets at Carrefour Suntec.... $99....
    looks good.....with 5 yrs warranty....its the analog version of the digi-cabi
    distributed locally by www.digihub.com.sg .....

rgds,
    me
    Saw a 'digi box' (looks like a plastic container) in that site. Anyone using that? How does it work? I have not much space in my room, so looking for something 'compact'. Any idea what's the price?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Saw a 'digi box' (looks like a plastic container) in that site. Anyone using that? How does it work? I have not much space in my room, so looking for something 'compact'. Any idea what's the price?
    sorry. it's in the 'drybox' section.

anyone has any idea what is the recommended RH% level??

i always have it at the lowest which is 35% or maybe a bit lower? isit it good?

cheers

Deregistered

The two pieces of manual inside explains the best RH level for the equipments. check it out.

35% looks like a bit too low, read in the forum that the rite RH for camera stuff shld be 45-55% (pse correct me if i am wrong)...if too low, the lubricant inside ur eqpt would dry off, would be bad for your rubber parts too

cheers........

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    anyone has any idea what is the recommended RH% level??

i always have it at the lowest which is 35% or maybe a bit lower? isit it good?

cheers

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    how does something like this work? http://www.digihub.com.sg/Detail.asp...5&Cate_Level=2

looking for some real very very compact method to store my cam n stuff. please help. how effective is it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast