Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Dry Cabinet i saw at Carre Four 50L - $99

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default Dry Cabinet i saw at Carre Four 50L - $99

    Hiee....

    Just saw some 50L dry cabinets at Carrefour Suntec.... $99....
    looks good.....with 5 yrs warranty....its the analog version of the digi-cabi
    distributed locally by www.digihub.com.sg .....

    rgds,
    me
    Last edited by sulhan; 9th November 2003 at 06:32 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    just bought 30L oylmpus dry cabi at $70 at AP... quite good... maintaing at 48%

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    N01.35574 E103.98870
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulhan
    Hiee....

    Just saw some 50L dry cabinets at Carrefour Suntec.... $99....
    looks good.....with 5 yrs warranty....its the analog version of the digi-cabi
    distributed locally by www.digihub.com.sg .....

    rgds,
    me
    Hello sulhan,
    is this dry cabinet good enough? thinking of getting another cos running out of space...

    TIA,
    iz

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    I use a Digicabi form Carrefour also. Have no problems with it at all.
    Mine uses the analogue RH indicator.

  6. #6
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    always get a separate digital hygrometer to countercheck cos these analog dial hygrometers bundled with the cabinet are sometimes quite off. mine was off by about 10% when i first bought my digi-hygro to check and i had to re-cal it

  7. #7
    Moderator teerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    always get a separate digital hygrometer to countercheck cos these analog dial hygrometers bundled with the cabinet are sometimes quite off. mine was off by about 10% when i first bought my digi-hygro to check and i had to re-cal it
    Can you please advise where to buy the digital ones. TIA

  8. #8
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    all hardware stores will have it. some photo shops like fotohub has it too.


    Quote Originally Posted by teerex
    Can you please advise where to buy the digital ones. TIA

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Got mine at Ruby (Penisular).

    Small so that it take up less space.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore, East
    Posts
    371

    Default

    im using a digi-cabi dry cabinet too...
    have no problem with it and it can go as low as 35% RH

    i guess the 50L sold at carrefour is a good buy...

    go get it!!

    cheers

  11. #11
    Moderator teerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    all hardware stores will have it. some photo shops like fotohub has it too.

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Just got it today looks ok, but think the analog RH is not very accurate, out of the box it's already at 65%.

    Not very heavy too for a 50L. But the boot of the car can only fit 1.

  13. #13

    Default

    I am confused. Is this S$99 drybox an electric drybox but with analog meter? Can someone post a pic of it?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    It's an electronic dry cabinet with analog meter branded as Everone. There's another brand Digi-Cabi at Carrefour, 30L @ $148, with digital meter.

    Inside the box for the Everone brand, however, is 2 manuals, one is for Digi-Cabi and the other is for Everone, they have the same manuals just that the name was printed differently on each manual.

    Think can conclude safely this is a Digi-Cabi OEM? And oh yes, 5 yrs warranty as sulhan mentioned. Attached is a shot of it.


  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Inside the box for the Everone brand, however, is 2 manuals, one is for Digi-Cabi and the other is for Everone, they have the same manuals just that the name was printed differently on each manual.
    u mean sometimes they print D100 on the manual cover?

  16. #16

    Default

    Just to ask, what's probably the difference between a cheap and expensive dry cabinet?

    I'm looking at getting another one, but I don't think I got enough moola to buy another Toyo Living cabinet...

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    669

    Default

    is the price of $99 an offer or promotional price? if promotional price, any idea when ending?

    thanks

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    $149 original price, $99 is the promotional price I have no idea when the promotion will end, there's still about 15 there when I took my set.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Just to ask, what's probably the difference between a cheap and expensive dry cabinet?

    I'm looking at getting another one, but I don't think I got enough moola to buy another Toyo Living cabinet...
    difference is price

    It's the brand. I bought my olympus 30L from AP for $70. DIY shops and carrefour sells EXACTLY the same dry box but different brand at $128....... I couldn't comprehend either.......

    Go grab the 50L. $99 bucks is worth it!

    BUY BUY BUY!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Just got it today looks ok, but think the analog RH is not very accurate, out of the box it's already at 65%.

    Not very heavy too for a 50L. But the boot of the car can only fit 1.
    Urrr... sorry, when you say out of the box do you mean when you first bought it? If so then its not plugged in so the RH 65% should be normal?

    Anyway no worries, even for digital RH meters, there is also at least 5-10% error. Unless you are willing to spend on a super sensitive RH meter, no matter digital or analog they will both be about the same.

    Cheers! And I have to say again, $99 for 50L damn cheap! hehehe.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •