Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

  1. #1

    Default DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Hi guys/gals need your opinion regarding the above mentioned topic

    1st. what capacity of Dry Cabinet should i buy that will fit in my gadgets
    Camera D90
    Lens 12-24mm, 85mm, 70-200mm (planning to buy micro lens in the near future)

    2nd. What brand of tripod should i consider to buy things concerning me is the weight factor (i want lighter tripod) and could carry up to 5kilos.

    your input would be highly appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by mangboso View Post
    Hi guys/gals need your opinion regarding the above mentioned topic

    1st. what capacity of Dry Cabinet should i buy that will fit in my gadgets
    Camera D90
    Lens 12-24mm, 85mm, 70-200mm (planning to buy micro lens in the near future)

    2nd. What brand of tripod should i consider to buy things concerning me is the weight factor (i want lighter tripod) and could carry up to 5kilos.

    your input would be highly appreciated
    1) 30L

    2) Manfrotto 190CXPRO3?

  3. #3

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    1) 30L

    2) Manfrotto 190CXPRO3?

    Thanks for the reply, do you have an idea how much of these items (roughly)

  4. #4

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by mangboso View Post
    Thanks for the reply, do you have an idea how much of these items (roughly)
    the price list in "others" will give you rough price a while back for the tripod

    for dry cabinet, go and call different shops for quote, thank you very much.. everyone does that, because prices change.

  5. #5

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Looking at your lens, i would not get such a small dry cab. I would go for something at least 50L. Bought mine at about ~S$170 @ Carrefour. Can delivery FOC if you have transport problem.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

  6. #6

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Thanks for the info.
    Im just wondering the consumption of electricity of dry cab. Does it cost a lot of electricity?

    Quote Originally Posted by sherchoo View Post
    Looking at your lens, i would not get such a small dry cab. I would go for something at least 50L. Bought mine at about ~S$170 @ Carrefour. Can delivery FOC if you have transport problem.

  7. #7
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by mangboso View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Im just wondering the consumption of electricity of dry cab. Does it cost a lot of electricity?
    NO.... a dry cabinet is rated for only 5 watts.

    Your PC is rated at least 350- 500W
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  8. #8

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Wow! thats a relief only 5watts thanks

    Now how about tripod. lighter that can hold up to 5kilos


    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    NO.... a dry cabinet is rated for only 5 watts.

    Your PC is rated at least 350- 500W

  9. #9
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Go get a GOOD carbon fibre tripod. Note that it's not cheap.

    Google and you'll know better...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #10

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    It is best to get a 50 litre dry cabinet, considering the fact that u are buying more lens in the future. ur current collection of lens and camera should be able to fit nicely into 1 section of the 50 litre dry cabinet.

  11. #11

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Not sure whether will you consider AIPO Dry Cabinet which is digital series. Please you are interested, please drop me email to CrazyPhotoDryCabinet@gmail.com or SMS to 9007 5682

  12. #12

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    my first and only cabi... a 70L cabi. it sleeps right next to me.. sometimes when i look at it being so empty, i will find some excuses and ways to make it look full... it cheers me up everytime i wakie looking at it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by mangboso View Post
    Thanks for the reply, do you have an idea how much of these items (roughly)
    I was looking at the Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 last week at Cathay Photo. Price was around $600-ish (can't remember exactly). But I'm wondering whether I should get a 055CXPRO3/4 instead. Don't need the extra weight capacity but I'm just wondering about the height (I'm 173cm).

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    my first and only cabi... a 70L cabi. it sleeps right next to me.. sometimes when i look at it being so empty, i will find some excuses and ways to make it look full... it cheers me up everytime i wakie looking at it.
    This is disturbing ... You made it sound like your wife...

  15. #15

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by photatographer View Post
    This is disturbing ... You made it sound like your wife...
    what you thinking ah.....

    lol, but it's true what, i believe most peeps here caress their gears at night long.

    anyway, want to get a cabi, get at least a 50L or bigger.. better to buy a bigger one. save the hassle of selling at a loss and buy new one again.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    what you thinking ah.....

    lol, but it's true what, i believe most peeps here caress their gears at night long.

    anyway, want to get a cabi, get at least a 50L or bigger.. better to buy a bigger one. save the hassle of selling at a loss and buy new one again.
    Ops... You caught me red handed Hee hee

  17. #17

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    my first and only cabi... a 70L cabi. it sleeps right next to me.. sometimes when i look at it being so empty, i will find some excuses and ways to make it look full... it cheers me up everytime i wakie looking at it.


    agree. mine z 80L and seems like I need to buy more lens to fill em up.


    rdgs

  18. #18
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Quote Originally Posted by lcd0189 View Post
    agree. mine z 80L and seems like I need to buy more lens to fill em up.


    rdgs
    Mine is 80l and it looks almost very full... just how you place your stuff
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #19

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Fro tripod may consider Benro, of course not as good as Manfrotto and Gitzo, but it is cheaper. around $250 can get a very good tripod.
    I only bought the one cost $165. My set up less then 2 kg.

  20. #20

    Default Re: DRY CABINET and TRIPOD

    Dry cabinet.. buy the biggest size that can fit in the room you want to place it in.
    It does not consume much electricity and you will find that it quickly fills up when you start putting things in.

    For DSLR owners the minimum would be 50L. binoculars, P&S cameras, vidcam -- suddenly my 30L is full and I have to put some things in my old silica gel box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •