Thread: queries abt going to Australia

Default queries abt going to Australia

wu..thinking of going to Australia this vacation in Dec
    and i am thinking of buying some special effect filters, such as neutral density filter for sunset and sunrise...maybe graduated filter for control the appearance of the sky...some many choices...i get lost

i have a PL and UV filter currenly, pls suggest me some suitable filters for my trip

and another thing is , i got two lens, one lens is 62mm, and the other one is 58mm, ai...everytime i buy filter, should i buy the diameter 58mm one or 62mm one?

3x.

Buy a 58 to 62mm step up ring, so that you can use a 62mm filter for the 58mm lens. In my opinion, the circular polarising filter is one of my most frequently used filter down under. Summer is gonna be hot ... !

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Buy a 58 to 62mm step up ring, so that you can use a 62mm filter for the 58mm lens. In my opinion, the circular polarising filter is one of my most frequently used filter down under. Summer is gonna be hot ... !
    hoho~~i got a circular PL already, wanna try more filter for landscape.
    wanna make full use of my trip there. since u r in perth..hehe.. any recommendations abt what, where worth shoot?

hehe..if u dun mind, can share some of ur photos taken there?
    3x.

Red face

Try getting air ticket first. I couldn't get any tickets to Aus during X'mas period.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by eCooldude
    Try getting air ticket first. I couldn't get any tickets to Aus during X'mas period.

Good luck!
    hehe..i bought already, from late Nov to late Dec.

try to search one line, here is the link i bought my ticket, it is a online booking system, go and try try, maybe someone withdrawl there ticket, then u can get!
    http://www.zuji.com/zuji/home/1,,ZUJISG|a|1,00.html

good luck!

Just to let you know, dont expect better weather than Singapore. The only guarantee is fine weather, but the heat is terrible. Yesterday..... @3pm, temperatures in Perth soared till 90 yr highs... 40.3 deg celcius. Dont leave the camera in the car man... . My model car on the dashboard melted.

Which part of Australia are you going? It is very hot now over there, probably hotter than Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by eCooldude

Good luck!
    Actually not true. I've did a quick check from 19 Dec to 22 Dec from Singapore to Melbourne. All the flights seems to have seats. It really depends on the $$$ you want to pay for and which company you approach.

Default Western Australia

you could try Pinacles. 4 hour drive from Perth though.

Quote Originally Posted by XLX
    wu..thinking of going to Australia this vacation in Dec
    and i am thinking of buying some special effect filters, such as neutral density filter for sunset and sunrise...maybe graduated filter for control the appearance of the sky...some many choices...i get lost

i have a PL and UV filter currenly, pls suggest me some suitable filters for my trip

3x.
    A couple of things to note about DEC in Australia:

The weather varies from fairly hot to extremely hot depending on location in Australia (it's a VERY big country).
    In Tasmania you may see 26-30C on a hot day, while up in the far north of Western Australia expect day time temperatures in the high 30s to mid 40C.

The light in Australia is *very* harsh in summer, frequently with large amounts of heat haze and so on.

For ND Grads I'd suggest a 2 and a 3 stop gradation. This will give you enough latitude to shoot here under most circumstances. You may want to consider using other Grad effects like Tobacco and Emerald if you want some unusual shots.

Can't really advise you on where to go/visit unless you let the thread know which states you'll be visiting.

Ian
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!