Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 50D with Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 len - How to take best pictures

Default Re: Canon 50D with Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 len - How to take best pictures

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    BTW, i just sold of my tamron to some buddy here.
    So, should i buy Canon EFS 17-55 F/2.8 ? $1600 ... to continue my experiment.
    Wah, 18-55 kit lens cannot make it(blur becasue of slow shutter) for night shot even with IS ... Don't suggest to use a tripot to take moving objects ...
    I think you are trying to run before you walk, or you simply have far too much money to throw away

50D is a step or two up from a beginner's camera. It's usually best to start out with something more basic and learn the basics on that, make full use of it before stepping up to a better model (which will be updated by the time you are ready...ie the 60D).

The Tamron you sold off is a fantastic lens...it's a shame you didn't hang onto it. Going to the Canon EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS USM is (in my humble opinion) a waste of money at this point in time, until you master the basics such as the questions you are asking about depth of field etc.

My theory: Buy a basic camera, and learn, learn, learn. Eventually your needs will exceed what the camera offers, and that's when you buy the next model up. Same with lenses. Otherwise you're just throwing money away for something you'll never make full use of (and will not make your photographs any better).

is the kit len 17-50 f/2.8 really that bad? i had ef 28-105 f/3.5, i'm contemplating to get the 17-50 f/2.8 mainly of 2 reasons, wider angle & lower apeture...should i get it?

tamron 17-50 f/2.8 is not a kit lens hor...
    Nothing wrong with it. Not sure why TS would want to sell and then look for 17-55 f/2.8 to "continue experiment".... huh? cannot use 17-50 to experiment? Beats me.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    tamron 17-50 f/2.8 is not a kit lens hor...
    Nothing wrong with it. Not sure why TS would want to sell and then look for 17-55 f/2.8 to "continue experiment".... huh? cannot use 17-50 to experiment? Beats me.
    sorry, i mean to said kit len 18~55, oh, is also f3.5/5.6....may be i can save money by avoid this len.

come come...give me ur tamronf2.8 i give u canon50mm f1.8! better IQ and more bokeh for u. better still..u will no ever have to worry about zooming/distortion/vigetting commonly found in zoom lens!

just kiddling.
    TS read more of the links first. 18-55 can be easily used to create bokeh on the wide end
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by pattanct View Post
    sorry, i mean to said kit len 18~55, oh, is also f3.5/5.6....may be i can save money by avoid this len.
    You cannot save time in getting experience - there is no shortcut to knowledge. Read the fable, should make you thinking. Many people have achieved great picture using the kit lens. If not please go ahead wasting money on equipment without knowledge. And, it's lens (Plural: lenses).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12