Thread: Suggestion / Feedback for photo shoot organiser...where to post?

Default Suggestion / Feedback for photo shoot organiser...where to post?

Where can I post such thread as suggested on title, so that "all" the interested organizers get the chance to read?

Basically I find that organizers may need to think of more ideas to the theme of the shoot. At this moment, there are floods of photo shoot with the theme; cute, bikini, "fashion" (not really fashion), casual, student (don't know what so good about shooting models in student uniform) or even no theme at all.

Having said that, there still a few quite creative ones once in awhile...

Ideal example; Organizer's hope to see more of such theme. I don't find paying more
    Last edited by lunas; 29th April 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Default Re: Suggestion / Feedback for photo shoot organiser...where to post?

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Where can I post such thread as suggested on title, so that "all" the interested organizers get the chance to read?

Basically I find that organizers may need to think of more ideas to the theme of the shoot. At this moment, there are floods of photo shoot with the theme; cute, bikini, "fashion" (not really fashion), casual, student (don't know what so good about shooting models in student uniform) or even no theme at all.

Having said that, there still a few quite creative ones once in awhile...

Ideal example; Organizer's hope to see more of such theme. I don't find paying more
    Logistics involved to get the models/wardrobe/stylist would be impractical for any casual shoot organisers to do something like this...
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

Currently the market trends and requirements seem to reflect that quantity is better than quality.

As of now, i don't see how organisers would be willing to bet their reputation and reliability to organise more expensive theme shoots... in midst of a flood of $15 - $25 shoots.

Outfits, MUAs, lightings (good theme shoots, no equipment, very sad). This amounts to a range that is completely out of "consumer budgerism"...

Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    Logistics involved to get the models/wardrobe/stylist would be impractical for any casual shoot organisers to do something like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Currently the market trends and requirements seem to reflect that quantity is better than quality.

As of now, i don't see how organisers would be willing to bet their reputation and reliability to organise more expensive theme shoots... in midst of a flood of $15 - $25 shoots.

Outfits, MUAs, lightings (good theme shoots, no equipment, very sad). This amounts to a range that is completely out of "consumer budgerism"...
    Thanks for the respond.

Maybe need not bring the animals along...

Just one or two models dressed in "special, stylish, artistic, fashionable" costume with "strong, fashionable" make up will do.

surrephoto, maybe you can check with any of the NAFA student in the fashion design course if they would like to have their fashion costume and models be photographed by CSer at the same time get TFCD or even a little bit of pay...
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    surrephoto, maybe you can check with any of the NAFA student in the fashion design course if they would like to have their fashion costume and models be photographed by CSer at the same time get TFCD or even a little bit of pay...
    Lunas, your ideas are certainly feasible...

However currently organisers are trying to combat some very basic issues in CS "models" now. Ie. attendance.

And furthermore what about the large bulk of photographers who are out only to shoot pretty faces on a budget sum. No offence but sometimes we can work within problems but not beyond them.