View Poll Results: Lady bosses are difficult to please.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 65.45%
  • No

19 34.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: --- Difficult To Please

Default Re: --- Difficult To Please

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Alamak! My girlfriend is over 30, and accountant..........what am I going to do if I marry her?

HS
    Just make sure u dun give birth to daughter then, or else it will be considered "female working environment"

Female or male....if he or she needs to be pleased than they are not a good boss We are working for the company, not individual unless he or she own the bizz

i work for 3 SME.
    2MMC
    2 studios
    1 events house.

got total abt 5 female bosses, n i m very much alive & kicking

Some of my male bosses difficult to please...all very marcho egoistic types....
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

depends on their character lah.. be it male or female... it's all down to individual...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlang View Post
    I am working for a female expat who is the head of the whole project (I'm currently on a project).

Is she hard to please? No, not at all.

She works harder than anyone, has to attend the daily teleconference call at 6:45AM and leaves the office at dunno what time.

In fact, I pity her!
    In general, expat female boss are easier to work with due to their culture. I had that experience before. When she received a compliant about her staff, she will listen to both sides. However, the same cannot be said about local chinese bosses (not all but majority). They think they owned the company and you are their slaves.

Just my experience.

used to have a tough auntie superior in the army, but gone are the days...ord loh, happy not to see anymore of her, basket something that was not my fault, i got scolding for nothing and she was not even my direct boss somemore...
    never even say a single sorry for that wrongful scolding...

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    In general, expat female boss are easier to work with due to their culture. I had that experience before. When she received a compliant about her staff, she will listen to both sides. However, the same cannot be said about local chinese bosses (not all but majority). They think they owned the company and you are their slaves.

Just my experience.
    It depends, I have worked in expat divisions before, japanese female bosses are very particular, AND China female bosses do treat their staff like slaves

Never had the opportunity to work under a female boss before... hrmmm that doesn't sound quite right let's move on... iirc there was this article on this in ST sometime back. The results were pretty positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    It depends, I have worked in expat divisions before, japanese female bosses are very particular, AND China female bosses do treat their staff like slaves
    ops, sorry, I meant expat Ang Mohs, the lady boss I worked with came from Australia

'Please' them in the room - 'work' or
    please them in the office - work
    Who Dares Wins!

ops, sorry, I meant expat Ang Mohs, the lady boss I worked with came from Australia
    My female expat boss is from USA. She's very independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlang View Post
    My female expat boss is from USA. She's very independent.
    Agreed. Usually the ang moh bosses are independent and great to work with. I guess it had something to do with their culture

i absolutely hate female bosses. they are just plain dam stuck up, and will go 100km just to get ten cents out of u... of all the female bosses i have worked with till now, i just have to say tat they got no foresight for the big things... instead they just concentrate on the peanut matters..

dam it, after this economic recovery, the next job i will make it a point to find a male boss, and best if ang mo boss... i will reject any offers from female boss from now on... i m really pissed off by them utterly
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    they got no foresight for the big things... instead they just concentrate on the peanut matters..
    :
    Agreed wholeheartedly !! Especially local female boss

Agreed wholeheartedly !! Especially local female boss
    I don't work for local bosses, be they male or female.

for me shld be lucky, as my 2 lady bosses are ok...din bother me much, just left me alone wif my job and once i am done, just report to them....

they happi, i oso happi, win win situation....
    Canon 1000D (Tamron 17-50 F/2.8, Tamron 19-35 f/3.5-4.5, EFS 55-250, EF 50 F/1.8)

SAF is a (generally) pure male working environment.

jus look at the amount of politics, gossips, red tape, micro management, tai-chi, back stabbing, por lam pah ... ...going on.

and everyone still complain about female officers/snr NCOs being hard to work with.

i used to ve a female SSG (now 2WO). i wun say she was a joy to work with, but no different from my other superiors.

in general, ang moh bosses treat their employees better. likewise for ang moh companies. they respect employees as human beings, not like slaves. most of the time, they are just trying to solve the problem, not trying to find faults with people.

dont want to sound offensive, but in asian culture people are always trying to blame others. as long as they can blame somebody, they are happy. blame first, solve problem later. also like to tekan and squeeze people.

male or female, i personally haven't work under a female boss before, but have worked with one from a diff department. well, in short, she (local) likes to tekan people, threaten, blah blah.

I have had experience working with lady bosses. Most of them are OK.

One of them was my peer. I was surprised that my MD called me up and told me that my colleague would be promoted. I supported him as she is more senior and had been on the job since the company started.

Both of us had since left the company and now we are friend.

It is your attitude that count. The boss must have trust in you.

Always remember there is no such thing as fair in this world.

U do your best and if you are not rewarded, it is time you look for another boss!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast