Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Status?

  1. #1

    Question Status?

    how do you consider a new member, member, senior member?

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Status?

    It refers to the time of subscription here. New members have less than 50 posts, seniors have more than 2,000 posts and stay for more than 3 years with the forum. But that doesn't equal to seniority or experiences in the field of photography at all.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Status?

    So it's the posting seniority..

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by dctk78 View Post
    So it's the posting seniority..
    Yeah... it also includes time spent on the forum as well...

    More here :

    New member tiering and differentiation between usergroups.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: Status?

    So was just wondering I'd join since May 06 and I'm still tag as a newbie

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by dctk78 View Post
    So was just wondering I'd join since May 06 and I'm still tag as a newbie
    Not enough posts.

    You'd need 50 posts to be a Member.

    2000 to be Senior Member.

    posts in Kopitiam does not count.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Status?

    what is "superuser" as mentioned in the link you provided? seems that it is quite rare.. have not encountered 1 yet


    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Yeah... it also includes time spent on the forum as well...

    More here :

    New member tiering and differentiation between usergroups.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    what is "superuser" as mentioned in the link you provided? seems that it is quite rare.. have not encountered 1 yet
    all of them had already promoted to Moderators long ago.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Status?

    post inclusive of 'sell equipment threads'?

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by dctk78 View Post
    post inclusive of 'sell equipment threads'?
    thinking of chong post counts?

    how about go to newbies corner to welcome new member??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Status?

    hey, dun get the wrong idea about more post counts..
    just clarifying.

    cause i spent most of the time reading post, getting more info, that's all.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Status?

    Hmm... does the status matter? I joined ClubSnap to learn, to share my experiences, to be part of the photography community in Singapore. Like Octarine said, being a Senior Member doesn't mean better at photography anyway... so, why should status matter? *shrugs*
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  13. #13
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hmm... does the status matter? I joined ClubSnap to learn, to share my experiences, to be part of the photography community in Singapore. Like Octarine said, being a Senior Member doesn't mean better at photography anyway... so, why should status matter? *shrugs*
    Well, there are some advantages like a bigger PM box, etc... well, it's not a biggie, but good to have,
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  14. #14

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well, there are some advantages like a bigger PM box, etc... well, it's not a biggie, but good to have,
    anyone has any idea how long one has to be in this forum to start posting replies and threads? my friend has just signed up a couple of days ago, but he can't seem to post anything bcos it seems like his account is still pending or something.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Status?

    Should be able to post immediately, except in certain sections where there is restrictions like min 50post counts or at least 1 month old a/c.


    Quote Originally Posted by Annaling View Post
    anyone has any idea how long one has to be in this forum to start posting replies and threads? my friend has just signed up a couple of days ago, but he can't seem to post anything bcos it seems like his account is still pending or something.

  16. #16
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annaling View Post
    anyone has any idea how long one has to be in this forum to start posting replies and threads? my friend has just signed up a couple of days ago, but he can't seem to post anything bcos it seems like his account is still pending or something.
    Ask the person to try in the TESTING sub-forum or the Newbies sub-forum. Those should be able to start immediately, else have to PM the Admin to find out.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  17. #17

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Ask the person to try in the TESTING sub-forum or the Newbies sub-forum. Those should be able to start immediately, else have to PM the Admin to find out.

    weird thing is, he can't even post replies in newbies forum. some error msg about his account is still waiting to be moderated keeps coming up. hmmm...

  18. #18
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annaling View Post
    weird thing is, he can't even post replies in newbies forum. some error msg about his account is still waiting to be moderated keeps coming up. hmmm...
    Why don't you help PM to the Admin about this issue and inform them about his user nick.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #19

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Yeah... it also includes time spent on the forum as well...

    More here :

    New member tiering and differentiation between usergroups.
    for all this time i tot senior member was for old ppl... whahahah... and thinking senior member as some member who reach 50 or 60 years old....sorry guys...i am not smart

  20. #20

    Default Re: Status?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Why don't you help PM to the Admin about this issue and inform them about his user nick.

    is it okay to pm the mods about this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •