Thread: Spyder Colour Calibration

Default Spyder Colour Calibration

Hi,

Anyone here use Spyder to calibrate your monitor? Is this something good? Do we need to constantly calibrating it, or one calibration every 6 months is enough?

Thanks,
    N.

Default Re: Spyder Colour Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by nsinggih View Post
    Anyone here use Spyder to calibrate your monitor? Is this something good? Do we need to constantly calibrating it, or one calibration every 6 months is enough?
    It works, what to say? Recalibrating is necessary since the display changes over time (aging, shifting of parameters etc). Between 2 months I couldn't see much difference, between 6 months the difference was visible. It also depends on quality of display.

Hi,

Thanks,
    N.
    if you ahve a lot of free time, calibration as much as possible is nothing wrong

personally i do it once a month

Hi,

I use a Spyder2 Express and calibrate every three or four months. Great results.

Note: Not all Spyders are equal. Caveat about the Express (from the manufacturer):
    Spyder2express uses an earlier generation of Spyder technology. It is excellent for calibrating CRTs and typical LCD displays. For laptops with very narrow viewing angles, LCDs with gloss finishes, and new LCD technologies such as LED backlight and Wide Gamut displays, we recommend Spyder3-based products, such as Spyder3Pro.

May I know where can I get this Spyder tool in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by dc2222 View Post
    May I know where can I get this Spyder tool in Singapore?
    you may try cathay photo

I have checked the pricing at cathay peninsula last Sat, they are selling Spyder2 at $163.

If you are using laptops with LED displays (I think they call it WLED), then you will need the Spyder3. I sold off my Spyder2 and bought a Spyder3 because I bought a laptop has a WLED display. With the Spyder2, there was a slight colour shift after calibration. The Spyder3 works great with WLED.

cool. thanks for your info. i was still wondering which one to get for laptops.

Smile Re: Spyder Colour Calibration

Me too uses one in Sri Lanka; purchased from Cathay three years ago, and have excellent results.....