Thread: 7250i - IRDA probs

Default 7250i - IRDA probs

Hi.

Any 7250i user have prob connecting their mobile to the PC for uploading of pics from the phone to the PC, or downloading of games & ringtones from PC?

I always get a msg saying the connection has been lost.

anyone know what I should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvelyn
    Hi.

Any 7250i user have prob connecting their mobile to the PC for uploading of pics from the phone to the PC, or downloading of games & ringtones from PC?

get a data cable to transfer lor...its easier and without losing any connections hassles....

i have lobang for that if u want !

btw, u can reach me at 9127 9227. Cos i seldom come online here.

Hi.

Which IRDA model are you using?

You need to change the default LED device to suit ur phone.

Go to the IR device properties and change the settings.

We may have the same problem. I've got a USB-IrDA adapter. PC can detect my phone but in the mids of data transmission, it always says data blocked and breaks connection.

But I've managed to make it work!
    1. Increase "Min turn-around time"
    2. Change the Transceiver mode to "Vishay tdb" (or play around with this settings until you get it right).

Good luck.

If you need some tech background
    - Minimum turn-around time is how long it takes to switch between Tx to Rx (and vice-versa). Less means faster (but in this case, too little means data lost (overrun), probably due to USB overhead)
    - There are many manufacturer of IrDA transceiver: Agilent/HP, Vishay, NEC, Infenion, etc. They all use DIFFERENT method to change mode between 115k, 1.115k, 4Mb, 16Mb. They why you'll need to toy around with the transceiver settings since the box didn't say who's transceiver is in that USB to IrDA.

Hi.