Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Netbook... anyone tried?

Default Re: Netbook... anyone tried?

Field update ... 4 days of diving, averaged 150 shots per day, Fujifilm S2Pro, RAF raw.

Download took 10-20mins, didn't time, usually doing something else at that time.

Batch process to jpg medium or high quality using PS Elements 6.0. 30-50min. Usually eating dinner.

A bit of a hassle switching from native resolution to higher resolution for download and batch conversion using method described above but workable.

Screen too small to do meaningful editing, although possible by enlarging only sections of shot.

Overall very pleased with the netbook and no regrets bringing it to Manado. It served for internet surfing, ebook reading, photo processing, etc.

Didn't try to load CS4 so can't tell you if it will be too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    Field update ... 4 days of diving, averaged 150 shots per day, Fujifilm S2Pro, RAF raw.

Download took 10-20mins, didn't time, usually doing something else at that time.

Batch process to jpg medium or high quality using PS Elements 6.0. 30-50min. Usually eating dinner.

A bit of a hassle switching from native resolution to higher resolution for download and batch conversion using method described above but workable.

Screen too small to do meaningful editing, although possible by enlarging only sections of shot.

Overall very pleased with the netbook and no regrets bringing it to Manado. It served for internet surfing, ebook reading, photo processing, etc.

Didn't try to load CS4 so can't tell you if it will be too slow.
    Nice update.

I use Irfanview on my Acer for simple editings like adjusting brightness, contrast and gamma and use GIMP for more complex ones because these work better with the limited vertical resolution than Adobe products.

My MSI Wind U100 netbook has accompanied me on a few overseas trips now. I use it as a storage device (with an additional portable HDD for further backup of the RAW files), and I'm using Fastone Image Viewer to do very simple editing, cropping, resizing for uploads to Flickr. Anything more complex than that, e.g. stitching, I'll do it on the desktop when I'm home.

I use my axioo pico DJJ for photo editing with GIMP.Works fine.
    D60 | 35 f/1.8 | Primes only :)
    Founder of Revographers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345