Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get cheap two way radios?

Default Re: Where to get cheap two way radios?

How should I budget? Average handset and find one of the better ear-piece with mic, or the other way around ie good handset normal earpiece with mic? Anyone seen the 56320 Earpiece with boom mic : http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-56320...d_bxgy_e_img_c in SG before?
    Last edited by Headshotzx; 29th April 2009 at 01:06 AM.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    How should I budget? Average handset and find one of the better ear-piece with mic, or the other way around ie good handset normal earpiece with mic? Anyone seen the 56320 Earpiece with boom mic : http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-56320...d_bxgy_e_img_c in SG before?
    good handset.

what's a good mic when you can't talk to the other party?

think i've seen that earpiece used before in sgp..forgot where though..it was during an event

Hi Guys,

sorry to reincarnate this old thread. just want to get inputs from you guys if i bring the walkie talkie overseas? will there be an issue with customs or other party? i just bought a motorola em1000 with 20km range which i plan to bring to NZ next week. should i expect any problem bringing it in? any of you encountered any issues with other countries?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    Hi Guys,

sorry to reincarnate this old thread. just want to get inputs from you guys if i bring the walkie talkie overseas? will there be an issue with customs or other party? i just bought a motorola em1000 with 20km range which i plan to bring to NZ next week. should i expect any problem bringing it in? any of you encountered any issues with other countries?

thanks.
    No issues - unless some stupid Malaysian customs decides to milk some $$ out of you.

Bear in mind the range is a lot less than what is described in the specs.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    No issues - unless some stupid Malaysian customs decides to milk some $$ out of you.

Bear in mind the range is a lot less than what is described in the specs.
    thanks for the info.. actually i borrowed from a friend with 5km range (t5603). also good enuff for me

i bought this em1000 because it comes with built-in flash light

shouldn't be of a problem. i've brought my T8550 through customs before without any problems. a friend of mine has even brought his GP328 on trips overseas too
    eat. drink. shoot

Yes, I am also interested to get a good set of walkie talkies for use in a ski resort. I have more or less decided on the Motorola ones. However, I am skeptical of the 5km consumer type (in reality much, much shorter range) being sold in Singapore and would like the longer range consumer ones. Something that has an real world communication range of 5km is good enough for me.

I took note of evenstar's Motorola T8550. Any other models to recommend?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12