Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

  1. #1

    Default Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Hi all

    I'm looking for a belt camera bag that can hold 1 DSLR and 1 additional lens for travel.
    Any suggestions?

    I found Lowepro Inverse 100AW interesting.
    Anyone has one of this?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    1DSLR + 1 additional lens...so is it 1 lens or two?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    sorry.. 1 DSLR with lens + 1 additional lens. So a total of 2 lenses.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by AbangR View Post
    Hi all

    I'm looking for a belt camera bag that can hold 1 DSLR and 1 additional lens for travel.
    Any suggestions?

    I found Lowepro Inverse 100AW interesting.
    Anyone has one of this?

    TIA
    I purchased the Inverse 100AW from Cathy Photo some months ago. It can hold three lens, two on the sides and one attached to the camera. If you are asking whether it suits me, then the answer is yes because it serves it purpose, not too big nor small. For security, you can also rotate it around to your front depending on how tightly you adjust the strap. Have yet to have an opportunity to test out the cover. Also can even attach a light tripod at a stretch. Sometimes I just sling it across my shoulders.

    However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing. For its bulk, some may prefer another model like the Slingshot.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    I purchased the Inverse 100AW from Cathy Photo some months ago. It can hold three lens, two on the sides and one attached to the camera. If you are asking whether it suits me, then the answer is yes because it serves it purpose, not too big nor small. For security, you can also rotate it around to your front depending on how tightly you adjust the strap. Have yet to have an opportunity to test out the cover. Also can even attach a light tripod at a stretch. Sometimes I just sling it across my shoulders.

    However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing. For its bulk, some may prefer another model like the Slingshot.
    Thanks!
    My lenses are Nikon 16-85 and 55-200.
    It's good to hear the bag can hold another lens.
    I will have to go to the store to really check it out.
    I am just afraid if it is too bulky for a long walk or hike.

    I don't really like a slingshot bag as you only put weight on one shoulder.
    Once I walk with it for 8-10 hours and that shoulder hurt.
    I'd rather bring a backpack.

  6. #6
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Try looking at ThinkTank series?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Try looking at ThinkTank series?
    Hi Luna

    Thanks for the suggestion and I am also looking at it.
    However, upon learning on the pricing, I was a bit put off as my budget is within $100.
    But, looking at the Think Tank pictures online, you can obviously tell that these are made of higher quality materials.

    Anyone here has the National Geographic or Tamron belt bags and willing to share their experience.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    I don't recall NatGeo making beltpacks, and even if they did, it would be very pricey.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    I meant this:
    http://shashinki.com/shop/national-g...id=84&osCsid=b

    But it looks pretty small.

  10. #10
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    I dont recall much camera bag makers tht produce Belt bag, most i seen are from ThinkTanks series, while the national geographic is way to small for your needs.

    Nat Geo bags are not anyway cheaper then ThinkTanks too.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    I felt AW100 is kinda small
    But I got a Aw200 instead...

    Check out here...
    Lowepro Inverse 200AW

  12. #12

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Here's one recommended by Ken Rockwell. Seems not bad.

    http://kenrockwell.com/tech/think-tank-speed-demon.htm
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

  13. #13

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    i use the Think Tank Change Up and am very happy with it. it is the most compact-looking camera waistpouch i've encountered. has a removable inner bucket, with configurable dividers that are usable even without the inner bucket.

    the 2 (included) harness straps are easily and quickly adjustable, and i have carried the bag in various configurations such as beltpack-only, cross-body single sling, hipster pouch + shoulder sling. comes with rain cover.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

  14. #14
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by zola70 View Post
    Here's one recommended by Ken Rockwell. Seems not bad.

    http://kenrockwell.com/tech/think-tank-speed-demon.htm
    I disagree on the speed demon.
    Its abit of a tight squeeze.
    Get the speed freak or speed racer instead.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    I have the Inverse 100 and i think it will be able to hold your gear rather well, and you will still have space for another lens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing.
    I agree on this, if you are planning to get bigger lens, you might not be able to fit them all in.
    My biggest lens now is the sigma 24-70 (the older non HSM one) and i can only fit it in after taking out all the divider.

    It is not really bulky and should be ok for long walk. I like it because i can access the gear inside quite easily.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    got budget: TT Change Up
    no budget: Inverse 100AW


  17. #17

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Wow... excellent suggestions.. thanks to all

    I am not planning to get the bigger, heavier f2.8 lenses. I like travelling light.
    The only other lens that I may consider bringing is a 30mm or 50mm or a UWA (12-24).

    The change up looks quite massive to me
    So, it's down to TT Speed Demon or Inverse 100AW to me.
    I'd go down to CP or AP this long weekend and have a look.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Only TK Foto and John 3:16 carry Think Tank products, AFAIK

  19. #19

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by AbangR View Post
    Wow... excellent suggestions.. thanks to all

    I am not planning to get the bigger, heavier f2.8 lenses. I like travelling light.
    The only other lens that I may consider bringing is a 30mm or 50mm or a UWA (12-24).

    The change up looks quite massive to me
    So, it's down to TT Speed Demon or Inverse 100AW to me.
    I'd go down to CP or AP this long weekend and have a look.
    Change Up is almost same size as Speed Demon...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Suggestion for a Belt Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Only TK Foto and John 3:16 carry Think Tank products, AFAIK
    recently, OP also started to sell TT products...

    therefore, TS can see Lowepro and TT products at either OP or J316...one stop shop to compare both bags...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •