Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prosumer vs DSLR

Default Re: Prosumer vs DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually both matters.
    Not exactly. The lens will give the more prominent result. To me the camera itself is just like a recording medium.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

vince123123
    Guests

Sure, views can differ. Just as some say its the photographer who makes the shot and the camera is irrelevant, to whom I say both matters. Same with lens and body. It is jsut a matter of degree which is has more weightage, but my view remains the same, both matters.

As an extreme example, if I give you a top notch lens, and a leaky lightbox, I think you won't get any good result either. Everything in the chain matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Not exactly. The lens will give the more prominent result. To me the camera itself is just like a recording medium.

Sure, views can differ. Just as some say its the photographer who makes the shot and the camera is irrelevant, to whom I say both matters. Same with lens and body. It is jsut a matter of degree which is has more weightage, but my view remains the same, both matters.

As an extreme example, if I give you a top notch lens, and a leaky lightbox, I think you won't get any good result either. Everything in the chain matters.
    If there's a leaky lightbox, means it's already faulty.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

If got extra MONEY just buy both Prosumer and DSLR.........I did it some time lazy to carry DSLR i just grab Prosumer out....the more the merry hehehee.
    Msz

vince123123
    Guests

Well then lets put it at a less extreme example, lousy noisy 1MP sensor in the body. No fault there.

If there's a leaky lightbox, means it's already faulty.

Well then lets put it at a less extreme example, lousy noisy 1MP sensor in the body. No fault there.
    Can u find a 1MP DSLR for me?

http://www.nikonweb.com/ds565/

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    I mean as in present, not something donkey years ago.

IMO I agree with Vince123123

think of the DSLR body now as a camera and also the film grade. old days of film the camera is 1 component and lense is another and also the film used is another factor, of which all 3 can be a independent variable. but now the film is replace by the CMOS sensor and this sensor is not changable like film.

another point we can ponder about is that back in film days the normal range of film we use are like what? 100-800 or 1000 ISO but now CMOS sensor have open up the range of 1600, 3200 and even 6400 to photographers. ISO 1600/3200/6400 have open up another options of photography at night where light is dim/low. u cannot capture shots of moving people at night in dim lit area with ISO 400 or 800(common film ISO) at speed of 1/50 or 1/60. its either under expose of motion blur of the subject. with ISO 3200 the chances to capture a good shot under the same situition is now possible.

IMO the camera body now play a important part, equal to that of lense. a F3.5 lens (normal kit lens) would be able to perform well at night if couple with a high ISO performance body, but a F2.8 lens (high/pro grade) might not be able to get a proper expose picture with a body that is limited to ISO 400/800

moi 2 cents
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Not sure if it's the same for all systems but sometimes, the more expensive bodies would
    have better sensors (DR, ISO sensitivity). Even the function layout matters if we need to
    shoot fast and when settings need to be changed frequently.

vince123123
    Guests

I don't think it is relevant for the purposes of this discussion.

Can you find a flawless lens for me?

Do focus on the issue being discussed.

vince123123
    Guests

Thanks, you said it a lot better than I could have. Everything plays a part - it is a flawed view to say that only one factor matters. This is the same when pple say "photographer matters, camera doesn't".

Other obvious factors include things like sync speed, highest shutter speed, frame rate amongst so many other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    IMO I agree with Vince123123

think of the DSLR body now as a camera and also the film grade. old days of film the camera is 1 component and lense is another and also the film used is another factor, of which all 3 can be a independent variable. but now the film is replace by the CMOS sensor and this sensor is not changable like film.

another point we can ponder about is that back in film days the normal range of film we use are like what? 100-800 or 1000 ISO but now CMOS sensor have open up the range of 1600, 3200 and even 6400 to photographers. ISO 1600/3200/6400 have open up another options of photography at night where light is dim/low. u cannot capture shots of moving people at night in dim lit area with ISO 400 or 800(common film ISO) at speed of 1/50 or 1/60. its either under expose of motion blur of the subject. with ISO 3200 the chances to capture a good shot under the same situition is now possible.

IMO the camera body now play a important part, equal to that of lense. a F3.5 lens (normal kit lens) would be able to perform well at night if couple with a high ISO performance body, but a F2.8 lens (high/pro grade) might not be able to get a proper expose picture with a body that is limited to ISO 400/800

moi 2 cents

I don't think it is relevant for the purposes of this discussion.

Can you find a flawless lens for me?

Do focus on the issue being discussed.
    I'm just reflecting what u're stating about. It doesn't have to be a flawless piece as long as it's gd enough.

guys, guys

you have taken prosumer versus dslr to become

lens versus body, for some who always complain about ot, you should reflect on yourselves. that's all i have to say, you have scared the ts away

and this isn't even kopitiam..

vince123123
    Guests

Same thing for the body, both matters.

I'm just reflecting what u're stating about. It doesn't have to be a flawless piece as long as it's gd enough.

Same thing for the body, both matters.
    But i still find lens a more critical option.

vince123123
    Guests

Sure, you are entitled to your view despite the rebuttals I've made, just as I am to mine that all parts of the equation matter, despite your assertions.

But i still find lens a more critical option.

Sure, you are entitled to your view despite the rebuttals I've made, just as I am to mine that all parts of the equation matter, despite your assertions.
    All right, we're cool now.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    guys, guys

you have taken prosumer versus dslr to become

lens versus body, for some who always complain about ot, you should reflect on yourselves. that's all i have to say, you have scared the ts away

and this isn't even kopitiam..
    Haha, I'm puzzled by that too. Seems like my thread has changed topic.

If I were you, I'll probably buy the FZ28 since it's good enough for you.
    I remember choosing the FZ18 for my mum and TZ7 for my dad, both were happy
    with their cam as it suits their needs. They could tell the difference between a pic
    from a dslr to their compacts but it doesn't matter as their cams were more than
    sufficiently sharp and vibrant in colours for them. It's a whole lot easier to bring around
    and does simple videos too!

Using a dslr during travel at times is not so much fun too, you might get the "no cam pls"
    thing from ppl but at the same time ppl around you who are using compacts don't get
    such problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast