Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Questions about Changi Point

  1. #1

    Default Questions about Changi Point

    Hi,

    My friends and i are going to Changi Point this sunday for a photo shoot... hope the weather is good...
    So i searched for directions and i found out that: (on club snap)
    tampines mrt
    take 29
    drop off ath the stop after commando's camp.
    at nethravon road
    its the stop after u see the sign that says changi beach club
    walk in, its abt 100m

    So thats the way right?

    And, can anybody describe to me, what kind a place is that? does it have kelong? I saw from a thread about CP having kelongs...

    And what else to expect there?

    Lastly.. is it very near the paris ris chalet? how to get there?

  2. #2

    Default

    I usually take all the way to the interchange. Bus no. 2 also arrive there. I usually take the bus from Bedok.

    Just another way of getting there.

    And btw, the jetty is there where u can take a bumboat to Ubin.

    Pasir Ris Chalet is not located there.
    Last edited by chucks; 7th November 2003 at 10:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Please be careful when you are at the Changi Point .... there is a small bridge. Below the bridge is a small police post. Photography is NOT allowed here as this is a Entry Point. The Police will stop you and advice you not to photo because of the 911.

    A better location will be the left side of this point. There is a very long "wooden walkway" leading you to all the way to Changi Club. This is an ideal place for sunrise and sunset shots. In the evening around 5-30 to 7pm there will always be a few wedding couples having their shot there. Worth a visit.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    For any outdoor shoot events, you should always go there to do some research BEFORE the shoot day. Walk around, look at all the potential shooting spots, find out where is the toilets, where to hide if raining, etc. That will make you event more eventful.

  5. #5

    Default

    there, or nearby have kelong right?

    very much want to visit these places..

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamcake
    there, or nearby have kelong right?

    very much want to visit these places..
    as far as my knowledge goes, there is NO kelong open for public visit in Changi. Maybe you need to rent a sampan and ask them to bring you to one. You can actually make a trip to Kukup for seafood and I am sure there are many kelongs over there in Johor. Better scenery also.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    as far as my knowledge goes, there is NO kelong open for public visit in Changi. Maybe you need to rent a sampan and ask them to bring you to one. You can actually make a trip to Kukup for seafood and I am sure there are many kelongs over there in Johor. Better scenery also.
    wah lauLEE you're a Changi Point regular har? :P

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    as far as my knowledge goes, there is NO kelong open for public visit in Changi. Maybe you need to rent a sampan and ask them to bring you to one. You can actually make a trip to Kukup for seafood and I am sure there are many kelongs over there in Johor. Better scenery also.
    so you can rent sampans there on the shot and ask them to bring us there?
    cool..
    don't mind paying a little...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    desert
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Please be careful when you are at the Changi Point .... there is a small bridge. Below the bridge is a small police post. Photography is NOT allowed here as this is a Entry Point. The Police will stop you and advice you not to photo because of the 911.

    A better location will be the left side of this point. There is a very long "wooden walkway" leading you to all the way to Changi Club. This is an ideal place for sunrise and sunset shots. In the evening around 5-30 to 7pm there will always be a few wedding couples having their shot there. Worth a visit.
    Yah, my fren got stopped by the police b4.
    Wat I do is I take mrt to tenah merah, then take bus no 2 stop at changi village then walk in.
    Dancing desert scorpion
    :devil:

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default Changi Pt

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    wah lauLEE you're a Changi Point regular har? :P
    my office 5-min drive away from CP. after work goes there to de-stress with my tenD and also can see pretty gals there (unfortunately always got bfs too)... haha

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    my office 5-min drive away from CP. after work goes there to de-stress with my tenD and also can see pretty gals there (unfortunately always got bfs too)... haha
    You forgot abt the transvestites that hang out there after 11pm...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    You forgot abt the transvestites that hang out there after 11pm...
    i normally leave after the sun set... definately before 7pm, so i m not so sure abt the situation there after dark. those ah gua will allow us to take pics?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    i normally leave after the sun set... definately before 7pm, so i m not so sure abt the situation there after dark. those ah gua will allow us to take pics?
    Hmmm...never tried before but some of them look really good...haha
    Maybe for a fee? Not sure. You want to try?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnifur
    Yah, my fren got stopped by the police b4.
    Just tell them that there's no sign/law stopping you taking pictures in a public place, and that you are taking pictures of boats and not of the entry/immigration point. Heck, I even showed them what I took on my LCD screen. They left me alone after that. Luckily too... a couple of my pictures in my successful ARPS portfolio came from that jetty

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    my office 5-min drive away from CP. after work goes there to de-stress with my tenD and also can see pretty gals there (unfortunately always got bfs too)... haha
    Maybe on evening we should hang out either at Changi Beach Club or Changi Golf Club to have a jug of beer. Both clubs are good for taking shots.


  16. #16

    Cool

    Anyone has any nice pics of Changi Point / Jetty / Beach Club etc to share?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isis
    Anyone has any nice pics of Changi Point / Jetty / Beach Club etc to share?
    From Changi Jetty...

    "Excuse me, please?"



    All Lined Up

  18. #18

    Cool

    Thanks for sharing... very nice colors... they're like postcards.

  19. #19

    Default Where is the spot for sunrise

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Please be careful when you are at the Changi Point .... there is a small bridge. Below the bridge is a small police post. Photography is NOT allowed here as this is a Entry Point. The Police will stop you and advice you not to photo because of the 911.

    A better location will be the left side of this point. There is a very long "wooden walkway" leading you to all the way to Changi Club. This is an ideal place for sunrise and sunset shots. In the evening around 5-30 to 7pm there will always be a few wedding couples having their shot there. Worth a visit.
    Can any1 tell me where is the spot for the sunrise in Changi Point?

  20. #20

    Default

    Here are some photos taken last year... A nice nice and peaceful place...

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=65159

    Will be going there again...
    Last edited by sumball; 26th March 2004 at 02:22 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •