if personal use, why not try the following:
- Flashgun X 1
- Wireless trigger X 1 ($50)
- Shoot thru umbrella X 1 ($16)
- Umbrella adaptor X 1 ($50)
- Lightstand X 1 ($28)
- Reflector ($55) with stand (use chair/tripod, improvise?) X 1
- Mahjong paper as backdrop
If you already have a flashgun, I'm sure this setup wouldn't cost you more than $250.
Prices taken reference from tagotech website. I'm not endorsing the company but it's easier to take reference from their website.
If you're on a greater budget, consider shooting in a brighter area & you'll probably be able to make do with reflectors. You could also consider replacing reflectors with the reflective car sunshade, much cheaper alternative.