Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 1000D- TCSS part III

Default Re: Club 1000D- TCSS part III

Quote Originally Posted by dev2k8 View Post
    Nice! Where's the place? Penang? Who's the foxy lady...so wild!!! (no offense)
    haha.. that would be my sister that your talking abt.. haha.. its in melaka btw..

aite...due to the response i got and last min crop up that happen to many of us, this will be my final detail below.

UPDATE UPDATE

[IMPT]NO MORE PRE-EVENT shoot. Meet up at POPEYE's @ FLYER!

Main Event: Motorcross Stunt (FMX) outing
    Date:16th May 2009
    Event Start Time: 7pm
    Meet up time : 5pm for dinner
    Meet up location: Popeyes @ Flyer
    Organiser: fedodedo

url:http://club1000d.netjackal.net/?p=247

Namelist

1) Fedodedo and friends
    2) Haslan
    3) Fatah
    4) Vpsk01
    5) netjackalsg (tbc)
    6) Ryang
    7) toughtrees

Pls do contact me at 91872487 if there is last min decisions to join us at flyer!
    Last edited by fedodedo; 16th May 2009 at 01:29 AM.
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by deepster View Post
    haha.. that would be my sister that your talking abt.. haha.. its in melaka btw..
    OIC pls send her my compliments!!!

hey guys.. i find it abit stupid to ask after doing photography for quite some time.. but is there an ideal ISO for a bedroom? that lighting is not so good.. is 400 enuf?

im actually looking for one with faster shutterspeed and essential lighting and minimise noise in the pic.

hey guys.. i find it abit stupid to ask after doing photography for quite some time.. but is there an ideal ISO for a bedroom? that lighting is not so good.. is 400 enuf?

im actually looking for one with faster shutterspeed and essential lighting and minimise noise in the pic.
    Are you taking it with a flash?

Yes. ISO 100.

No. ISO 400.

But I suggest taking it from flash. Pop-up also can. Diffuse it with a sheet of tissue to create fill-flash effect.

What kind of shots? still life? moving objects? if still life can just use a tripod and set iso to 100. if moving objects, keep it at 100, use the flash that you "borrowed" (haha) and bump up your shutter speed.
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    What kind of shots? still life? moving objects? if still life can just use a tripod and set iso to 100. if moving objects, keep it at 100, use the flash that you "borrowed" (haha) and bump up your shutter speed.
    alright. i tried with iso 100 with ext. flash.. the subject was my dog.. the feller in my room making noise.. so i start taking her and she pose for me...guess.. even animals got their camwhoring moment.. here's the outcome..

Last edited by deepster; 16th May 2009 at 12:38 AM.

alright. i tried with iso 100 with ext. flash.. the subject was my dog.. the feller in my room making noise.. so i start taking her and she pose for me...guess.. even animals got their camwhoring moment.. here's the outcome..

1 and 2 gets my vote.

3 a bit over exposing the dog head and the shadow is a bit harsh too. Just my piece of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fedodedo View Post
    aite...due to the response i got and last min crop up that happen to many of us, this will be my final detail below.

UPDATE UPDATE

Namelist

1) Fedodedo and friends
    2) Haslan
    3) Fatah
    4) Vpsk01
    5) netjackalsg (tbc)
    6) Ryang
    7) toughtrees
    8) sleepytiti

Pls do contact me at 91872487 if there is last min decisions to join us at flyer!

Wa liao a... Bro, where is my name? U dun like mi huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    Wa liao a... Bro, where is my name? U dun like mi huh?
    i guess he removed it cos he already stated earlier that those who is TBC but nvr confirm will be taken as not coming.. at least now he know you confirm liao.. haha

UPDATE UPDATE

Namelist

1) Fedodedo and friends
    2) Haslan
    3) Fatah
    4) Vpsk01
    5) netjackalsg (tbc)
    6) Ryang
    7) toughtrees
    8) sleepytiti

This will be my last update. So pls do contact me at 91872487 if there is last min decisions to join us at flyer! Thanks.
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

Not always you have to use iso 100 for flash shots.. you can go for higher iso if you want the background too without uping the flash powers..

speaking of flashing..

Hmm.. It's 3 am in the morning.. I've just got done making a diffuser inspired by something very expensive available in the market.. what can I say I'm a cheap ass.. and diy stuff is the way to go for me right now..

It seems to work much better than my stoffen diffuser and makes the shadows softer.. so thats great.. plus it only costs $4.00 singapore dollars to make in total.. Thank god for Daiso!

I'm tired.. will post the test shots another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post

oo....wireless!!! I love!
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

ok guys. i did a recce for today's event yesterday. i know its abit of last min but here is an idea how the layout of the place would be like. (sorry for the poor images)

The whole layout. Launch ramp on the left and the landing area on the left.

The stage area

and the bikes that is going to fly!
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

good effort Fedo for going the xtra mile!

basically this is what i found out when i went ard the area. At 50mm, its a decent focal length even if you are not near the ramp itself. and you need not worry about the crowds, the bikes will be in the sky so hopefully not blocked by some tall idiots. At 200mm, would be better. but do take note of flood lights that going to be use. anyway if you are facing flyer, do take note of the distractions of the flyer and other stuff if u intend to shoot the bike only.

some places that i think might be a good spot for the shoot.

you can see where the flood lights would be. You could also roughly tell where the biker would be when he is in the air with the guide of the landing platform. So yeah.
    this place kinda good to avoid all the flood lights. but not nice background.

i think this would be a good spot coz of the clear sky and no other distractions when you snap the bike in the air. However, since when i took this shot the floodlights is not on yet, i dunno what effect it will have when it comes on later.

the launch ramp. This place also not bad but i just hate the fact that there is a lampost out of no where! you could see the jeep there on the far left, thats the place in between the 2 ramps. but alot of light source, from the flood light and lampost. so got to be careful there.

nearer to the launch ramp. good clear sky place. again see the flood lights at the background.

so this is shot at 50mm f2.8 so yeah. you guys imagine when he is going to land. yeah. hahaha

other tips : Bring as little equipments as possible coz i think it would be crowded and its easier for you to go ard for the shoot. tripod for those who want to do a action sequence shot. and umbrella and ziplock bag. its a distance to run to the nearest shelter if it rains. you can see that i am still able to shoot w/o flash as the sun is setting further and further. so i think with flood lights and a boost of your ISO, i think it would be still ok to shoot for those who worry alil.
    Last edited by fedodedo; 16th May 2009 at 11:45 AM.
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

Bought my 1000d a week ago. CnC welcome!
    Last edited by LeGozt; 16th May 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGozt View Post
    cute!
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

@fedodedo: How near can we go?

Btw, I staying near in the East and the weather here is not looking good. Dark clouds and quite overcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    Not always you have to use iso 100 for flash shots.. you can go for higher iso if you want the background too without uping the flash powers..

speaking of flashing..

Hmm.. It's 3 am in the morning.. I've just got done making a diffuser inspired by something very expensive available in the market.. what can I say I'm a cheap ass.. and diy stuff is the way to go for me right now..

It seems to work much better than my stoffen diffuser and makes the shadows softer.. so thats great.. plus it only costs $4.00 singapore dollars to make in total.. Thank god for Daiso!

I'm tired.. will post the test shots another time.
    Up ISO with flash will somehow blown off your highlights. You still need to control your flash output power even if you are using Auto E-TTL.

Btw, the DIY model of that replicates Gary Foong's Lightsphere. Haha! Good job, bro!