Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's HOT!!

Default Re: It's HOT!!

Rain-complain, windy-complain, hot and sunny good for going to beach-complain. On aircon electricity too-high complain, cloudy, bad for outdoor photos, complain. This is truly Singapore! At least we complain then find ways to advice each other...
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Talking Re: It's HOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSiao View Post
    Rain-complain, windy-complain, hot and sunny good for going to beach-complain. On aircon electricity too-high complain, cloudy, bad for outdoor photos, complain. This is truly Singapore! At least we complain then find ways to advice each other...
    Is this a complaint about Singaporeans complaining too much?

Nope, just stating the trend and its benefits. If its a complaint then it'll go something like this:
    Rain-complain, windy-complain, hot and sunny good for going to beach-complain. On aircon electricity too-high complain, cloudy, bad for outdoor photos, complain. This is truly Singapore! Singaporeans complain too much for their own good.

Actually although hot and scorching, I much prefer it to the kind of summer weather in Taiwan. Hot, very stuffy and no wind you are always pespiring. If this weather keeps up till June, there'll be lots of cheap durians again! Also for those going to Tekong soon, this means free water heater. (When you dont want it)
    Last edited by JoshSiao; 25th April 2009 at 07:07 PM.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    My nights these days are spent topless on my bed. its scorching hot at night that i have difficulties to sleep. not using the Aircon as trying to save the electricity bills cu i'm da sole breadwinner.
    two fans inda bedroom...one ceiling the other standing fan. still perspire. damn stick. resort to cold showers these days.

are you feeling the heat too?
    I put ice cubes in the bathtub and sleep in it.

you folks wouldn't appreciate how cool Singapore is generally unless you've experienced 46 degrees in the day, and 35 at night.

with no a/c, by the way.

times like those, Australia isn't as swell as I hype it up to be.
    chicken fight!

I am already melting once i step out of my air-con room!

cant imagine if i were to live w/o this wonderful invention!

However,there is one chance when i sleep w/o aircon ... is I AM RUNNING a FEVER and i am feel COLD automatically!

Fuji
    Pictures are Memories that Last Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    However,there is one chance when i sleep w/o aircon ... is I AM RUNNING a FEVER and i am feel COLD automatically!
    It's a cold fever?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's a cold fever?
    I dunno .... do u feel COLD inside when you are running a fever?

errr... hope i am not the weird one !

Fuji
    Pictures are Memories that Last Forever

air con destroys the earth faster....giv chance leh. else every yr increase 1-2 degree is buay tahan

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I put ice cubes in the bathtub and sleep in it.
    not bad lah!! too bad my house no bathtub..

i remembered those days when i was in cambodia. the nights are like what we're gng tru now.. i think its more to humid than hot these days...

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    I think it's closer to $4-5 per night. Before I had aircon my bills were around $60, after I had aircon it shot up to close to $200
    SP anyhow billing you. Go see your MP.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    not bad lah!! too bad my house no bathtub..

i remembered those days when i was in cambodia. the nights are like what we're gng tru now.. i think its more to humid than hot these days...
    When I was in uni in Australia, summers would mean 40+ degree heat during the day and 30+ at night. Even my car didn't have air-conditioning. I'd wet my t-shirt and wear it to keep cool. After about 15 minutes, I'd have to wet it again.

The alternative was to head to the malls and sit @ the food courts to enjoy the free aircon since parking @ suburb malls were FOC.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    When I was in uni in Australia, summers would mean 40+ degree heat during the day and 30+ at night. Even my car didn't have air-conditioning. I'd wet my t-shirt and wear it to keep cool. After about 15 minutes, I'd have to wet it again.

The alternative was to head to the malls and sit @ the food courts to enjoy the free aircon since parking @ suburb malls were FOC.
    Try Middle East then. Now that place would be like an inferno come summer. Already now it is almost reaching 40C during the day and summer is still a few months away.

I had also been through the heatwave of 2003 in Europe, where the temperature was more than 40C everyday for more than 2 weeks. That was no joke either, you can feel your skin literally burning when under the sun. Singapore in comparison is more of discomfort due to high humidity rather than the high heat.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

precisely. once you've experienced 40 degree temperatures in the day and 30 odd degrees in the night, Singapore's "heat wave" is a walk in the park.

I shudder to think how I survived the last time round I had such a heat wave without the aid of an a/c.
    chicken fight!

it rained!

Put cucumber on face helps keep cool.
    Eat watermelon keeps you cool.
    take a quick cold shower reduces body temp and puts you to sleep very quickly.

As to hotness, its all in the mind. imagine you are with a pretty girl in alaska, having fun with snowballs throwing at each other... Imagine she kisses your face with her cool voluptuous lips.... imagine you are in love in a cool cool place.... Even in a sauna, you will still feel cool fresh comfortable and loved.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

In Singapore, its humid. You cant really compare.

I was overseas and the temp was over 40c. once i go under a tree, i felt kinda cool. In Singapore, no matter where you hide at home, it is still humid and warm at 34deg c yesterday.

A/C is the best remedy though the most expensive route.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12