Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you...

Default Re: How do you...

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Oh cool! I'm going for my NCAP pretty soon....
    Good luck! All the best!

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Okay back to your love life then... We all dying to know how it's gonna end...like some soap opera!!!!

P.S. My mom's really in to Korean soaps now in that she's retired...
    Haha. Soap opera. Haha. I willl keep this thread updated. It might even reach season 2. Haha.

GMAN

There is actually no such thing called eye protection in air rifle..... But there are those head gear(for tunnel vision) and sighter(the one which looks like spectacles).... But both dun really offer any protection...

But, well, such occurance is rare lah. So I guess its my luck....
    There's ballistic eyewear and shooting safety glasses. Smith and Wesson makes some nice ones
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

2 boys...1 in Pri 3 the other...playschool

There'll be ups and downs...there always will; but it's till death do us part, for better or worse.
    That's good spirit. Nice man. So your eldest son has streaming? Cool. Being called "dad" is invaluable.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    That's good spirit. Nice man. So your eldest son has streaming? Cool. Being called "dad" is invaluable.

GMAN
    haha.. hear the calling?
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

But of course they won't stop a direct hit from a real bullet la...but still, can protect against air rifle ricochet rounds.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    dangerous man... Kids need to wake up their idea before they shoot. Too bad you can't give a student extras or confinement of they screw up at the range.
    Erm, they do not get confinement and things like that, but they do get sacked or banned temporarilly or sometimes, they have to forfeit their CCA points.....

And, all these lies in my hand. I get to decide how they kena tekan, but I oso bear the responsibility should anything happen in there..... But, its not a very nice experience to hold on to the range n aurmory keys over that couple of years... Alot of responsibilities....

GMAN
    They've got some idiot thing called banding now...I'm egging my kid to get band 1 for all his subjects...currently, he's band 1 for Maths and band 2s for English and Chinese... :P

But this year seems encouraging...he's improving alot.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?

There's ballistic eyewear and shooting safety glasses. Smith and Wesson makes some nice ones
    S&W makes good hand guns.

GMAN

They've got some idiot thing called banding now...I'm egging my kid to get band 1 for all his subjects...currently, he's band 1 for Maths and band 2s for English and Chinese... :P

But this year seems encouraging...he's improving alot.
    That's good. Keep up the good work. Encourage him. Don't deter him. Don't nag. But put your words in a nice way. He'll understand.

I got band1's through out my primary school. Except for maths. I had band 2. But life was tough then. Got caned. Hit by teacher for not getting band 1. Can't tell parents. They do the same thing to you, if you didn't study hard. At the end got a band 1 for maths. Somethings that i will never do to my own child.

GMAN

Yes, but u see, if we want to put on the sighter thingy( "spectacles", forgot exactly what it's called), then we cannot put on these safety glasses at the same time. I'm not too sure abt SSA's regulations, but i think, it is not allowed....

That's bad. I was once cycling, and this small boy. Was using a pistol pellet gun. He kept shooting pellets at me as i cycled by. I was wondering who was shooting me, then i found out it was him. I hunt him down. He ran. I was on a cycle. I scolded him. He shot my bike too.

GMAN
    Haha, that's funny to hear

But i'm sure its not funny at all to be shot at.... Aiyah, kids nowadays arh....

Haha, that's funny to hear

But i'm sure its not funny at all to be shot at.... Aiyah, kids nowadays arh....
    Ya. I wonder how he managed to get that in.

GMAN

That's good. Keep up the good work. Encourage him. Don't deter him. Don't nag. But put your words in a nice way. He'll understand.

I got band1's through out my primary school. Except for maths. I had band 2. But life was tough then. Got caned. Hit by teacher for not getting band 1. Can't tell parents. They do the same thing to you, if you didn't study hard. At the end got a band 1 for maths. Somethings that i will never do to my own child.

GMAN
    I wonder why do parents scold children and get so worried over them.....

Over time, they will juz grow out of it.... And given how competitive society nowadays is, they will sooner or later realise how important is it to do well and they will juz work hard on their own.... No point everyday nag n nag and they rebel n rebel.... Harms both parties....

My parents used to nag, but not anymore.... I told them explicitly to stop nagging, I know what i'm doing. I've got my plans planned out.

U know, parents tend to over worry abt their children and unknowingly impose all their ideas on their kids. So things like parents think that kid should go take business course, but kid knows what he wants and unfortunately, it isn't business.... Maybe design or engineering....

GMAN
    I used to be at the extremes. Band 1 for both maths n science, band 3 for both languages.... Dun ask me why, I dunno..... Just can't do language back then, but on the contrary, I excel in maths n science.... Both like near full marks range that kind...

But anyway, now I realised the importance of language, I studied hard. Using music to study both my language. And now, i have no problems with both languages. Both got A1 during O levels.
    Last edited by evo-lution; 25th April 2009 at 04:27 PM.

I used to be at the extremes. Band 1 for both maths n science, band 3 for both languages.... Dun ask me why, I dunno..... Just can't do language back then, but on the contrary, I excel in maths n science.... Both like near full marks range that kind...

But anyway, now I realised the importance of language, I studied hard. Using music to study both my language. And now, i have no problems with both languages. Both got A1 during O levels.
    Same. I can't just do maths.

GMAN

Now when mum nags, i just ignore her. Perfected the 1 ear in 1 ear out technique. You can't stop them. Just maybe reduce the naggings by producing results.

My maths suck, up till now. My teachers said i'm more to language, not sciences person.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

I wonder why do parents scold children and get so worried over them.....

Over time, they will juz grow out of it.... And given how competitive society nowadays is, they will sooner or later realise how important is it to do well and they will juz work hard on their own.... No point everyday nag n nag and they rebel n rebel.... Harms both parties....

My parents used to nag, but not anymore.... I told them explicitly to stop nagging, I know what i'm doing. I've got my plans planned out.

U know, parents tend to over worry abt their children and unknowingly impose all their ideas on their kids. So things like parents think that kid should go take business course, but kid knows what he wants and unfortunately, it isn't business.... Maybe design or engineering....
    I will never cane or even hit my child. If he is at wrong. I will tell him/her why it's wrong. If his/her grades aren't good. I'll encourage not deter. Do something about it to make the grades improve. Find out the problem. Maybe the child doesn't understand. Devise methods to make it easy to understand. Parents must take the effort too. Caning, hitting will not improve results. It brings pain to the child.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    Now when mum nags, i just ignore her. Perfected the 1 ear in 1 ear out technique. You can't stop them. Just maybe reduce the naggings by producing results.

My maths suck, up till now. My teachers said i'm more to language, not sciences person.
    Haha. I own in everything except Maths. Like recently. All my poly modules, i got an A. Maths Fail. Die. Then go back school during holidays study like mad, managed to pass. Haha.

GMAN

I will never cane or even hit my child. If he is at wrong. I will tell him/her why it's wrong. If his/her grades aren't good. I'll encourage not deter. Do something about it to make the grades improve. Find out the problem. Maybe the child doesn't understand. Devise methods to make it easy to understand. Parents must take the effort too. Caning, hitting will not improve results. It brings pain to the child.

GMAN
    Haha, I will juz show him/her case studies of people who are a total failure in life and let him/her realise from himself/herself

That's the most effective way man! And that's oso how I found my direction in life. But finding the direction too early post a problem too.... U will find that sec sch subjects are all useless..... That's how i felt man. Total torture. But once I got into poly, woots! Doing very well.....

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast