Thread: Photoshoot models

Default Photoshoot models

It seems the models in the shoots are getting younger and younger. Why is this so?

Default Re: Photoshoot models

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    It seems the models in the shoots are getting younger and younger. Why is this so?
    same question will pop out once awhile, it is about time now.

especially when the school holiday is near.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Models?

Where?

Blog Entries

it must be because we are getting older and older?

models are normally 15-18 in the west

Remember the sizzling 80s?

Some of the world's Super Model winners were 14yos.

Similarly noticed photographers shooting are getting younger and younger.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Photographers getting younger and younger is a good thing as it speaks well of the future. But models getting younger and younger? If it is just us getting older, then that's fine. But should there be a minimum age rule here?

I know we can say it is none of our business, but should the site be an unwitting platform.

Photographers getting younger and younger is a good thing as it speaks well of the future. But models getting younger and younger? If it is just us getting older, then that's fine. But should there be a minimum age rule here?

I know we can say it is none of our business, but should the site be an unwitting platform.
    this topic or related topic have discussed till dead, search archive if you really interested in this issue.

Blog Entries

Here you mean as in CS or in Singapore. So you are holding CS responsible to set the minimum age for model in Singapore?

So what you suggest? 45 yrs old? I think it about there, we can consider.

CS is a photography community not a model forum or agency. You are in the wrong forum go to a model forum and give your suggestion there. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Remember the sizzling 80s?

Some of the world's Super Model winners were 14yos.
    Yes, like you said, they are super models because they meet the super model requirements.

Monetary compensation can be a very big pull factor
    Playing with M43.

Because photographers are getting older.

The last photoshoot I went to all photographers were Ah Pek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Because photographers are getting older.

The last photoshoot I went to all photographers were Ah Pek.
    soon or later, this will be a standard equipment you see in a photoshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

Where do you put the ball head?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Where do you put the ball head?
    just use a manfrotto double super clamp to attach a monopod to the center cross bar will do.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

QUARDROPOD!

Steadier than tripod!

Alamak Catchlights, you let out old bird photography seclet liao lah!

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Here you mean as in CS or in Singapore. So you are holding CS responsible to set the minimum age for model in Singapore?

So what you suggest? 45 yrs old? I think it about there, we can consider.

CS is a photography community not a model forum or agency. You are in the wrong forum go to a model forum and give your suggestion there. Thank You
    Dear Mr. chngpe01, just read your response. As you can see I am a new member and being new, am always looking towards more experienced people in this forum of all ages for guidance. CS is a wonderful site to share common photography interests but among the many recurring themes is the one about the nature of photoshoots and models.

Amongst many threads of this theme, I take two as examples. One from Dec 08 started by Redstone about age limits and the long and spiritedly responses it evoked. The other by Charby about lisencing photoshoots organisers (here I note this suggestion will be discussed further). It seems to me that the commonality in both is the need to distance this forum from any fallout in the eventuality of any unpleasant occurances from any photoshoots. Such occurances may include models not turning up, attendees taking liberties, irresponsible organisers etc etc . It is in the spirit of keeping this topic alive that I posted the thread. I hope I have not been amiss.

As for your questions: I hope the para above suffices in providing an answer.

CS is a fantastic forum and I wish to see it kept this way.

Blog Entries

Dear Mr. chngpe01, just read your response. As you can see I am a new member and being new, am always looking towards more experienced people in this forum of all ages for guidance. CS is a wonderful site to share common photography interests but among the many recurring themes is the one about the nature of photoshoots and models.

Amongst many threads of this theme, I take two as examples. One from Dec 08 started by Redstone about age limits and the long and spiritedly responses it evoked. The other by Charby about lisencing photoshoots organisers (here I note this suggestion will be discussed further). It seems to me that the commonality in both is the need to distance this forum from any fallout in the eventuality of any unpleasant occurances from any photoshoots. Such occurances may include models not turning up, attendees taking liberties, irresponsible organisers etc etc . It is in the spirit of keeping this topic alive that I posted the thread. I hope I have not been amiss.

As for your questions: I hope the para above suffices in providing an answer.

CS is a fantastic forum and I wish to see it kept this way.

Threads like this (on this subject), that try to solicit response is always view with suspicion and skepticism esp if there is any the hidden agenda.

We have enough ppl like reporters disguising as members to fish or bait out members responses than sensationalize their articles, we had our fair share of self appointed "morale police" with hidden agendas etc etc. again trying to bait members with such questioning posting.

There are already plenty of such discussion in Feedback section as such I do not find this any beneficial especially when it is posted in Kopitiam instead of feedback - any hidden agendas for doing so? hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Threads like this (on this subject), that try to solicit response is always view with suspicion and skepticism esp if there is any the hidden agenda.

We have enough ppl like reporters disguising as members to fish or bait out members responses than sensationalize their articles, we had our fair share of self appointed "morale police" with hidden agendas etc etc. again trying to bait members with such questioning posting.

There are already plenty of such discussion in Feedback section as such I do not find this any beneficial especially when it is posted in Kopitiam instead of feedback - any hidden agendas for doing so? hope not.
    Dear Mr chngpe01. The days of having hidden agendas or baiting people are long over for me. My reason (agenda) is to keep and/or raise the awareness of this subject as not all viewers read every section in this forum. That's why it is posted in Kopitiam instead of feedback where I may just get a response from those who admininster this site.

Enough said from me. The thread can be closed by you.