Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Advice on trip to USA

Default Re: Advice on trip to USA

Probably a silly question to ask but..

Is it safe to walk around with my dslr?
    Will be heading to sfo, lv and la.

And also i'll be goin to universal studios and disneyland in LA. I'm thinking of leaving my dslr behind and just bring a point-n-shoot for these 2 outings. Wont be bringing a tripod along so wont be able to use my dslr for the long-shutter fireworks shot anyway. Any high possibility that i will regret that decision of leavin my dslr behind? (definitely not bring my tripod over so don't suggest that i bring mine.)
    Last edited by michy; 30th November 2009 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michy View Post

And also i'll be goin to universal studios and disneyland in LA. I'm thinking of leaving my dslr behind and just bring a point-n-shoot for these 2 outings. Wont be bringing a tripod along so wont be able to use my dslr for the long-shutter fireworks shot anyway. Any high possibility that i will regret that decision of leavin my dslr behind? (definitely not bring my tripod over so don't suggest that i bring mine.)
    Yes you absolutely would.

Where is not really that safe is Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Just bring a compact to the theme parks; you wont want to be carrying too much stuff when u go for rides, and they'll probably suggest u leave your bags at the side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    Yes you absolutely would.

Alrighty. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Just bring a compact to the theme parks; you wont want to be carrying too much stuff when u go for rides, and they'll probably suggest u leave your bags at the side anyway.
    Yeah.. tat's what i think as well. Will bring my compact to theme parks instead!

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    What about other places of Argentina? Any idea?

Argentina is one of my must-visit places.

I think should be reasonably safe to bring.. i gg mid dec for 2 weeks with 70% of my gear below. i m nr afraid, why shd u? I think Tripod is still a must for landscape/night shots/long exposure/group photos etc. i bringing my traveller tripod since it won take up much weight in ur luggage and its rather light while transporting, but since u alrdy made up ur mind, then its ok.

i'll be goin to universal studios and disneyland in LA as well
    Last edited by Numnumball; 2nd December 2009 at 02:35 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    I think should be reasonably safe to bring.. i gg mid dec for 2 weeks with 70% of my gear below. i m nr afraid, why shd u? I think Tripod is still a must for landscape/night shots/long exposure/group photos etc. i bringing my traveller tripod since it won take up much weight in ur luggage and its rather light while transporting, but since u alrdy made up ur mind, then its ok.

i'll be goin to universal studios and disneyland in LA as well
    !!! me too! going 2 wks in mid dec with my girlfriend.
    2 girls-looking-lost walking around thus the worry.

I only have one heavy manfrotto tripod. so I decided not to bring it. Dun wanna add to my own burden. I think I would do more complaining of the weight den enjoy taking shots with it. It's more of a sight-seeing-cum-shopaholic trip.

You should be fine as long as you keep away from the ghettos in all places.

Quote Originally Posted by doodah View Post
    What about other places of Argentina? Any idea?

Argentina is one of my must-visit places.
    Iguazu Falls. Totally spectacular. If you go, try to go to the Brazil side, too (you may need a visa). Also Paraguay is near there too (Iguazu Falls is essentially at the border of 3 countries). Again, you may need a visa to go to Paraguay, too.

Outside of Buenos Aires, you can take a ferry over to Uruguay. There is a really neat little town called Colonia del Sacramento (a UNESCO world heritage site). Uruguay is a very small country. The capital Montevideo is close by too. Also, you can go to Punta del Este which is a beach that many Brazilians go to.

For those who are intending to visit many various National Parks, it's better to get the annual pass. Considering each entry is $20, an annual pass of US$80 is really worth it.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

Hey guys, what about Napa as a 2-3 day trip out of SF? Anyone holidayed there before?

Quote Originally Posted by sethgoh View Post
    Hey guys, what about Napa as a 2-3 day trip out of SF? Anyone holidayed there before?
    Not much to see in Napa for me because I'm not a wine person. Tours in the wineries cost about $40 to $60, free tasting on the wines. I think one day is more than enough there.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_stinger View Post
    Not much to see in Napa for me because I'm not a wine person. Tours in the wineries cost about $40 to $60, free tasting on the wines. I think one day is more than enough there.
    i see, thanks. i guess its really just r&r so perhaps 3 days is abit too much.

was actually looking to try a balloon flight but it seems prices are abit on the high side too. any nice experience from this?

this should help in my planning. thanks for the advice!

i see, thanks. i guess its really just r&r so perhaps 3 days is abit too much.

was actually looking to try a balloon flight but it seems prices are abit on the high side too. any nice experience from this?

this should help in my planning. thanks for the advice!
    I've not gone to Napa, but if you do go, spend some time in Point Reyes National Shoreline... it's pretty near Napa, and that place it really worth a visit
    Oh, and 1 day for Napa is definitely enough... unless you're planning to go wine tasting the whole day.. For $200, I'll rather spend it on sky diving, bungee jumping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolrence View Post
    I've not gone to Napa, but if you do go, spend some time in Point Reyes National Shoreline... it's pretty near Napa, and that place it really worth a visit
    Oh, and 1 day for Napa is definitely enough... unless you're planning to go wine tasting the whole day.. For $200, I'll rather spend it on sky diving, bungee jumping etc.
    wow, i've googled the place and really looks amazing. looks like another good day trip from SF. thanks for the good suggestion.

not really the type for sky dive and bungee though

wow, i've googled the place and really looks amazing. looks like another good day trip from SF. thanks for the good suggestion.

not really the type for sky dive and bungee though
    I'll also suggest at least 1 day in Yosemite National Park (about 4 hours from SF, set off in the early morning).

Or about 2-3 hours drive to Monterey/Pacific Coastal Highway

Anyone been to Alaska? Thinking of the 7 Day cruise from Vancouver.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678