Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on trip to USA

Default Re: Advice on trip to USA

I would suggest concentrating on the Southwest, California, join one of these Trek America tours or emulate their itinerary.

Plan for 2 weeks of time in USA.

Good with friends if you can, it's more fun. Otherwise join these groups.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    Interesting.

Swine Flu now at stage 5 of 6. Verge of pandemic. Some in california have been hit.

I'm keeping an eye out on things...
    Wash your hands with soap and water and carry hand sanitiser with you.

Mostly, these have been people who have been to Mexico recently. There was a 23 month old child which died. Everyone else in the initial group seem to have recovered. That's not to say that there won't be more, but it's a matter of being obsessively clean now, and some people aren't.

Any lawyers here?

Am seeking some advice as to the steps to take should I need to cancel the trip due to the current situation.
    Based on some T&C, it says no refunds for cancellation. =(
    Need some help over here.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

Any lawyers here?

Am seeking some advice as to the steps to take should I need to cancel the trip due to the current situation.
    Based on some T&C, it says no refunds for cancellation. =(
    Need some help over here.
    You are a whimp.

Sorry, I doubt the airline will refund, or let you change the dates, unless there is a full blown pandemic, then they might do it, but it's not guaranteed.

If it's so bad, might as well go and enjoy, you think the pandemic will not reach here? We are surrounded by rather vulnerable countries that are ill equipped to handle any such outbreak.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Situation over here pretty bad, schools are close now for me so i have a 4 month summer break

I'm still waiting it out. I still intend to visit but parental concerns still triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    You are a whimp.

Sorry, I doubt the airline will refund, or let you change the dates, unless there is a full blown pandemic, then they might do it, but it's not guaranteed.

If it's so bad, might as well go and enjoy, you think the pandemic will not reach here? We are surrounded by rather vulnerable countries that are ill equipped to handle any such outbreak.
    wah.. bro cant say this sort of things here. sensitive lah you know can already !!!
    picture perfect

Actually, it's still ok over here, as long as u take basic care of yourself... it's not as bad as the news is making it sound to be, but still, don't be bo chap about the situation...

I'm in California in case you don't know...

Oh, which part? Let's go for an outing if I'm there.

You can take Megabus between NYC and Niagara Falls. Also between NYC and DC.

http://www.megabus.com/us/

There are also many Chinatown Buses that run between NYC Chinatown and DC Chinatown.

http://www.gotobus.com/bus/

I would suggest that if you want to fly from the east coast to the west coast fly out of New York or Washington. Both cities have 3 airports relatively close which creates competition. For example, Virgin America and Jet Blue fly out of JFK to the west coast. In the DC area you have Southwest Airlines (flies out of BWI and IAD) which again lowers the cost of airfare as other airlines will need to match.

Quote Originally Posted by rnb65p View Post
    You can take Megabus between NYC and Niagara Falls. Also between NYC and DC.

http://www.megabus.com/us/

There are also many Chinatown Buses that run between NYC Chinatown and DC Chinatown.

http://www.gotobus.com/bus/

I would suggest that if you want to fly from the east coast to the west coast fly out of New York or Washington. Both cities have 3 airports relatively close which creates competition. For example, Virgin America and Jet Blue fly out of JFK to the west coast. In the DC area you have Southwest Airlines (flies out of BWI and IAD) which again lowers the cost of airfare as other airlines will need to match.
    many users creating new accounts just to give advice these few days..

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    many users creating new accounts just to give advice these few days..
    pple trying to be helpful la. shoo shoo... LOL.

u come with me to US bah... holiday before heading to UK, so nearby what...

pple trying to be helpful la. shoo shoo... LOL.

u come with me to US bah... holiday before heading to UK, so nearby what...
    u sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Situation over here pretty bad, schools are close now for me so i have a 4 month summer break
    which part of US are you in.... I am still waiting to see if they can let me work from home....

Will be based mainly in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    with less than 300 people (and one death) in USA who suffered from this flu and its over a population of 300million. What will be your chances of catching it?

People still live, eat, dine, dance and go gym in these countries.

If its all planned, just go and enjoy. If scarred, even walking along sidewalk can get hit by flowerpot in HDB or get knocked down in a freak car accident on shenton way.

Everything has a risk. Even looking at your computer screen, it may explode right now... charge your phone and the batt can also explode as the batt is made in china. or the ceiling may fall thru by your fat neighbour above.

I guess the safest place is to live with the pigs. At least, the swine will take the impact first.
    Won't that make your chances of getting the swine flu very high should one of the pigs fall sick

If that happens, the probability would be extremely high.

*faint* I was expecting you to say, "they laughed and let you pass."

They may not even bother already.

Checked CNA,
    "MEXICO CITY: Mexico was planning a return to business as usual and the United States eased guidelines for school closures on Tuesday, signs that fears of a global H1N1 flu pandemic were abating despite the first US resident death. "

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    oh no, if anyone comes back from mexico, need to stay quarantined for one week at home. if anyone stay with the swines... i think they would need you as a specimen. And if anyone dated the farmer girl, its like omg.... very "win"
    What if someone dated the swines?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast