Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - Sun 26 April 2009

Default Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - Sun 26 April 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    I hope to see Vettel snatched up by Ferrari soon
    I hope not. Yesterday's race showed that Ferrari was Force Italy competing with Force India. Why would Vettel "relegate" from being first and second with Red Bull to 6th or 14th with Ferrari?

Ferrari does not make the best package as can be seen this season despite their large R&D. Look at Brawn, they have the overall best combination of technical prowess and driver skills. Until 6 months ago they were non existent as a team and not as exciting when they were Honda. Ferrari have one of the deepest pockets but they are not going to be dominating F1 again. With rule changes especially for the budget restriction it would make it more level playing for all teams. I do hope that 2010 will see a few new teams joining to raise the level of driving and sports (sporting and/or sportsmanship included) racing. Teams like Aston Martin and Lola would bring in much needed challenge. Toyota don't have right combination, at best they have done for now is third place finish with a 1-2 starting grid. They also have deep pockets but lack the right mix of technical and driving prowess and ingenuity.

It was a disastrous race for BMW! Things just didn't work out as how it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    I hope not. Yesterday's race showed that Ferrari was Force Italy competing with Force India. Why would Vettel "relegate" from being first and second with Red Bull to 6th or 14th with Ferrari?

Ferrari does not make the best package as can be seen this season despite their large R&D. Look at Brawn, they have the overall best combination of technical prowess and driver skills. Until 6 months ago they were non existent as a team and not as exciting when they were Honda. Ferrari have one of the deepest pockets but they are not going to be dominating F1 again. With rule changes especially for the budget restriction it would make it more level playing for all teams. I do hope that 2010 will see a few new teams joining to raise the level of driving and sports (sporting and/or sportsmanship included) racing. Teams like Aston Martin and Lola would bring in much needed challenge. Toyota don't have right combination, at best they have done for now is third place finish with a 1-2 starting grid. They also have deep pockets but lack the right mix of technical and driving prowess and ingenuity.
    U dunno what Honda did last season? Brawn GP's car is developed by Honda last season using Honda's money. Last season was a write off for Honda but Ferrari and McLaren were fighting right down to the wire for the constructors title, developing last season's car to win. So naturally, Brawn GP had at least 6 months worth of head start than the rest, esp Ferrari and McLaren cos both are focused on last season's title and car.
    Last edited by afbug; 28th April 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    I'm all for McLaren pulling out of the championship this season if they DO get a siff penalty. Can concentrate on the '10 car and emerge fighting fit for the crown in 2010.

BMW probably need to abandon KERS and concentrate on their car first.. Get the basics right before you start to 'zheng' the car.

Good work from Kimi. Dunno wad happen to Massa baby though.

This win does show that although Brawn GP might not have the best car, they have the best overall package. Fast car, consistent driver and sound team strategy.
    or concentrate on '11 car in the event they kena 2 year ban

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    U dunno what Honda did last season? Brawn GP's car is developed by Honda last season using Honda's money. Last season was a write off for Honda but Ferrari and McLaren were fighting right down to the wire for the constructors title, developing last season's car to win. So naturally, Brawn GP had at least 6 months worth of head start than the rest, esp Ferrari and McLaren cos both are focused on last season's title and car.
    Let's put it this way. If Honda is in this year instead of Brawn, I am sure the Honda team would not be getting the same results that Brawn is doing now. Honda don't have the technical and tactical talents of Brawn. And Honda had been in F1 longer than Toyota who is fast catching up. As for this factor of 6 months head start, those with deep pockets like Ferrari would have another team looking at next year's race car for longer than that. Anyway it would be good to level the playing field by limiting budgets so that it is not a matter of deep pockets. It would be good to introduce more racing teams into F1.

Let's put it this way. If Honda is in this year instead of Brawn, I am sure the Honda team would not be getting the same results that Brawn is doing now. Honda don't have the technical and tactical talents of Brawn.
    i have to agree ross brawn made the difference. things have never been the same for ferrari since he left. now in brawn gp we can see what ferrari are missing. that said i doubt brawn gp would be as competitive if they were still using honda engines, so it goes without saying that honda would be at past honda performance if they had stayed on.

Let's put it this way. If Honda is in this year instead of Brawn, I am sure the Honda team would not be getting the same results that Brawn is doing now. Honda don't have the technical and tactical talents of Brawn. And Honda had been in F1 longer than Toyota who is fast catching up. As for this factor of 6 months head start, those with deep pockets like Ferrari would have another team looking at next year's race car for longer than that. Anyway it would be good to level the playing field by limiting budgets so that it is not a matter of deep pockets. It would be good to introduce more racing teams into F1.
    Yes of cos Ross Brawn made a difference. He was part of the Ferrari winning team. But without Honda's decision and money input, Brawn GP will not be competitive.

Ferrari is not only the team with deep pockets. Why u forgot McLaren and Toyota? Their average expenditure per season can match Ferrari's.

Ferrari's budget may be big but their budget, efforts and resources can only stretch that much. Its not unlimited u know. These teams already spent an estimated of 350-400 million a season. To develop 2 different cars is like twice the cost. Where the rest of $$$ come from? To ask Ferrari to spend like 800 million for 2 differrent cars last season is like asking for the moon. Where to get the extra skilled manpower, facilities etc to develop another car?

I think its not as easy as one will like to think.

Ferrari is not only the team with deep pockets. Why u forgot McLaren and Toyota? Their average expenditure per season can match Ferrari's.
    .................................................. ....
    I think its not as easy as one will like to think.
    Hi if you read the context in which I wrote the post u will understand that I had meant to reply specifically about Ferrari and not meant to be comprehensive. I agree with u that McLiaren and Toyota have deep pockets, these are known.

Precisely as you said, it is not as easy as we think. That is why it would be better if the issue of money or funding can be kept to be a standard parameter for all teams then the competition will be more focused on technical ingenuity, tactical cunning and driving prowess amongst other things. Also the lower budget requirement would allow more teams to come into F1 which I feel is much needed at this stage of F1.

Looking forward to see how 2010 season will turn out.

don't forget that Honda once used to rule the F1 scene when Nigel Mansell, Nelson Piquet, Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost were behind the wheels of Williams Honda and McLaren Honda.

those were the years when i started watching F1. i used to remember the rivalry between Senna and Prost. now... that's pure racing... no BS whatsoever.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

i guess the message is you can lie blatantly and get away with it.

McLaren handed a suspended three-race ban

"That penalty is a suspension of the team from three races of the FIA Formula One World Championship. This will only be applied if further facts emerge regarding the case or if, in the next 12 months, there is a further breach by the team of article 151c of the International Sporting Code."

seems like FIA is so afraid that mclaren withdraws from F1. what's the big deal? no team is indispensable. oh well...let the lying gates open!

Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

That's a practical decision. We all know McLaren lied and Lewis lied. So what? The team and Lewis had been punished in Melbourne race. Let's hope what Whitmarsh said is not a lie that the team had turned around..... time will tell. Hence the suspended sentence is like a noose waiting to be tighten the moment the same rule is flouted. In any case this does not erase the stigma on the team and Lewis.

Ok that's behind .... let's see if we can have a more sporting and exciting remainder of the season.... with great racing and good team work.

BARCELONA .... hey wee ly start thread on next race

Hi if you read the context in which I wrote the post u will understand that I had meant to reply specifically about Ferrari and not meant to be comprehensive. I agree with u that McLiaren and Toyota have deep pockets, these are known.

Precisely as you said, it is not as easy as we think. That is why it would be better if the issue of money or funding can be kept to be a standard parameter for all teams then the competition will be more focused on technical ingenuity, tactical cunning and driving prowess amongst other things. Also the lower budget requirement would allow more teams to come into F1 which I feel is much needed at this stage of F1.

Looking forward to see how 2010 season will turn out.
    Thats why I dun understand why you wrote about Ferrari with their big bugget only. If Ferrari is expected to be much more competitive and doing more like developing another car, then McLaren and Toyota should be as well. Afterall, all 3 have similar big budgets and the biggest in F1.

Anyway, yes F1 should be cheaper and over the years, FIA have been doing that from that dumb tyre rule to engine caps etc. Well I read that Bernie fork out 30m of his own money to help new teams like Prodrive etc, so its good news.
    Last edited by afbug; 30th April 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i guess the message is you can lie blatantly and get away with it.

McLaren handed a suspended three-race ban

"That penalty is a suspension of the team from three races of the FIA Formula One World Championship. This will only be applied if further facts emerge regarding the case or if, in the next 12 months, there is a further breach by the team of article 151c of the International Sporting Code."

seems like FIA is so afraid that mclaren withdraws from F1. what's the big deal? no team is indispensable. oh well...let the lying gates open!
    McLaren sponsors saved them with their threats. F1 needs McLaren and McLaren needs F1, so hence the light sentence. Besides, economy isn't good at all. But the penalty is really light. Might as well not punish them at all.

McLaren sponsors saved them with their threats. F1 needs McLaren and McLaren needs F1, so hence the light sentence. Besides, economy isn't good at all. But the penalty is really light. Might as well not punish them at all.
    Ya man... should ban them for the rest of this season n next!

mclaren - the team who lies

mercs - the brand who sponsors liars and cheats

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    mclaren - the team who lies

mercs - the brand who sponsors liars and cheats

first statement... true. but second statement... not true lah. Brawn GP and Force India not liars or cheaters right?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    first statement... true. but second statement... not true lah. Brawn GP and Force India not liars or cheaters right?
    still true mah...notice i did not say

mercs - the brand who ONLY sponsors liars and cheats

not very nice to day that..
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    not very nice to day that..
    wat say u? wat today not very nice?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast