Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: bad attitude of TFCD models/model wannabes

Default Re: bad attitude of TFCD models/model wannabes

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post

A portfolio is so that you can show people who want to pay you to take photos, to show that you have the ability to deliver if they pay you.
    really meh, how come everyone host their portfolio in public then

for me, portfolio is to show people who want to see what i shoot, simple as that, i don't understand how you guys can make it so complicated until the pictures like got gold, i will die if i cannot see

If a photographer pays to shoot a model, why would the model need to see his prior work?

A portfolio is so that you can show people who want to pay you to take photos, to show that you have the ability to deliver if they pay you.
    Actually it is a win-win if the photographer can show the moller his portfolio because then the moller can have an idea what is expected of her....
    For eg ... if she is conservative and go for a private shoot with DP within first seeing his portfolio or have a meet with him to discuss what his style is, then there will be lots of unnecessary misunderstanding later when she is expected to wear his oversize white shirt with nothing inside ...

I never have any problem showing the moller my images before any engagement. So guys, be open-minded and less sensitive, it's actually for your own good.
    always the Light, .... always.

hmmm...so much ugly side of the human nature is shown in this thread... what an overwhelming fact that two individuals, the photog and the model, who are supposed to have upmost working relationship, have so much hidden issues and problems against each other...
    shOOtingOn
    It's Not What You Can Do, It's What You Can Show.

Guess there is nothing wrong with the model asking to see the PG's past work even if it is a paid job. ( can ask in a nice way.. )

Whether there "is a need" to see the portfolio.. it is very subjective lah..

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504485

Of course the PGs can always explained that he is a newbie who have no portfolio, so it is up to the model whether she wanna give up the paid assignment just because he doesn't have a portfolio or don't want to show his portfolio.

Naturally the PGs can also decide not to engage the model if he is "turned off" by such a request. So it may be either party's lost.

Anyway.. there is no harm asking or being asked.. no need to react too much to such a request

If a photographer pays to shoot a model, why would the model need to see his prior work?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456