Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matrix Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya
    Watched it liaoz, disapointed....I dono why suddenly Smith can fly and why Oracle and Neo choose suicide? And the how come Smith die like dat.

My theory is Neo somehow corrupted the program Smith in part1 so he becomes like a virus and since Neo started it he must finish process by he himself being assimilated. Actually Virus-Smith is the bargain chip without whom Neo wouldnt be able to secure the freedom of Zion.
    Waaaaah... spoilers!

Hehehe.. Oh well, lemme edit my first thread to warn people of the subsequent postings that has spoilers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Waaaaah... spoilers!

Hehehe.. Oh well, lemme edit my first thread to warn people of the subsequent postings that has spoilers.
    Gulp, spoiler doesn't make much sense to me, the Matrix Theory does ring some bell tho.. about the mathematical flaw, the ONE (0.1)) thingie, brilliant..

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya
    Watched it liaoz, disapointed....I dono why suddenly Smith can fly and why Oracle and Neo choose suicide? And the how come Smith die like dat.

My theory is Neo somehow corrupted the program Smith in part1 so he becomes like a virus and since Neo started it he must finish process by he himself being assimilated. Actually Virus-Smith is the bargain chip without whom Neo wouldnt be able to secure the freedom of Zion.
    yes, how smith was able to fly really stumped me. and why oracle was left lying the rain after both neo and smith were killed. but was oracle really killed? so how come she re-appears to meet with architect at the end? and what was the bargain she made?

so many questions... answers anyone??

This is just the beginning of the Matrix franchise, with the online game coming out next year.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/matri...s_6027990.html

Ubi Soft is working with Warner to create an online game based on The Matrix series.

Warner Bros. Studios and Ubi Soft have announced that they will copublish The Matrix Online. Ubi Soft will distribute and manage the online game's operations, and Warner Bros. Studios will be responsible for all story and content development. The Matrix Online will feature cutting-edge graphics, martial arts combat, and a storyline that picks up at the end of The Matrix Revolutions, the upcoming third movie in the series. The game is currently in development at Monolith and EON Productions, a company owned by the Wachowski brothers.
    Last edited by reno77; 6th November 2003 at 12:19 PM.

WHAT THE. Why did you type them spoilers?! ARG.

Default matrix franchise

I think there's more....to come. too many questions left open.

Wah!!! It's too "cheem" for me!! Think will go watch L'Auberge Espagnole instead!!!!

Watched Matrix3 last night, at IMAX. fantastic movie screen..FLOOR TO CEILING SCREEN!!!! crystal clear sharpness and great sound. saw some celebs there too.

Some attempts at the questions raised:
    Why oracle and neo got killed(assimilated).
    somehow when the oracle (a program) is infected by smith(the virus) some charateristics of the oracle remain. Similarly, when neo was infected by smith, smith couldn't gain complete control over neo, it was neo who maybe found out how to rid of the virus once it's inside him.

Why smith can fly:
    a simplistic reason is he(like a virus) has mutated and could defy the laws of the matrix.

why smith can go to zion:
    not too sure, neo was duped too, maybe like a virus, infect zion.

why orcale and architect appear at last:
    orcale, seraph, and the little indian girl all were infected by smith, now smith is dead, so the original programs could function back as per normal.

why neo can 'see' when he was blind in zion, near the machines city.:
    am still perplexed with this , he is the ONE, he could only see thru everything (in green letterings) IN the matrix, with seraph and orcale as golden letterings,
    yet he could see Zion/machine world in golden letterings,....

recommend all movie fans to watch at IMAX.
    am a matrix fan, looking forward to buy the complete set of DVDs when it's out

I'm still unimpressed by Revolutions. Reloaded was bad. So I had to lower my expectations for Revolutions.

Still... to me... Revolutions went down with a loud thud.

The first movie is still the best.

I guess my disappointment lies with the fight scenes. With fresh memories of Ong Bak (that muay thai show), I can say that Matrix fight scenes are really boring.

Just my two cents.

vince123123
    Guests

dont mean to offend anyone, but i think the Matrix is just a normal movie that should be enjoyed for its entertainment value. After watching 3, i feel all the theories and all are just thought up by pple who have really nothing better to do but to read so much depth into a movie. also this is caused by the trilogy syndrome as pple after watching 2, feel an urge to theorise abt what 3 is going to be....

just like star wars...pple theorise and theories, in the end George Lucas just said he meant to write a simple action adventure movie.

hahaha... good one... same thing as the recent article on Wong Li Lin... about her being too diva/ too repulsive and too direct even tactless... sometimes we are reading too much into things as vince mentioned... the whole extensive theory of the Matrix that offers a peek into how creative the mind can be..

anyway, watched the Revolutions @ Imax and Kill Bill back to back last night..... Revolutions left a bad taste in my mind and Kill Bill.....akin to freshly sliced salmon sashimi served on the Hanzo platter.... can't wait to see Vol.2

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    hahaha... good one... same thing as the recent article on Wong Li Lin... about her being too diva/ too repulsive and too direct even tactless... sometimes we are reading too much into things as vince mentioned... the whole extensive theory of the Matrix that offers a peek into how creative the mind can be..

anyway, watched the Revolutions @ Imax and Kill Bill back to back last night..... Revolutions left a bad taste in my mind and Kill Bill.....akin to freshly sliced salmon sashimi served on the Hanzo platter.... can't wait to see Vol.2
    Eh, but you still can't deny that the matrix got a damn good story line right?

Quote:
    "I think, therefore i am"

Hur hur.

Here's my interpretation of the final duel between Neo and Smith:

The matrix is a virtual world where everything is a piece of program.

Smith is supposed to be a program which turned into a virus so vicious that even the machines cannot get rid of him.

Neo made the deal with the machines, and entered the matrix through a link provided by the machine, not through one of Zion's links.

When Smith took over Neo's representation in the matrix in the final fight, he ended up being linked directly to the machines. The machines then could immeidately run an analysis on this virus code, spot it's weaknesses and then run a global virus disinfection routine in the matrix, which took care of all the other copies of Smith.

The "Oracle" version of Smith is probably the one that fought with Neo in the end. That's why Smith could fly because that version took over some power of the Oracle. The Oracle let Smith take over her, but she maintained some influence over the action/decisions of that copy of Smith. That's probably why Smith tried to take over Neo, and having some of the Oracle's influence in that copy may have helped the machine in finding the weakness in the Smith code when he was attached to the machines (after he took over Neo's representation).
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Default matrix

I give up reading..

i'm watching the movie today...I'll come back and read on...

Man, I'm screwed.

Every movie I watch, my son will ask me a few hundred times: "Is he the bad guy or good guy?"

"Well, see, he's the good guy, who's actually the bad guy, but in the end he turns out to be controlling the good guy, because the good guy lets him control him, so that the bad guys (who are actually the good guys) can get rid of the good guy (who is the bad guy)."

Phew!

Wah...you let your son watch Matrix. In US it is rated R because of all the violence.

Who knows, maybe your son will understand the plot better than anyone of us here...
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    Wah...you let your son watch Matrix. In US it is rated R because of all the violence.

Who knows, maybe your son will understand the plot better than anyone of us here...
    Oh both my kids not only understand the plot (it's a computer programme, right? and the people are like the people in Unreal Tournament, right? [talk about violence!]).

Have you watched any of the cartoons on TV lately? From Wile-E Coyote, Tom and Jerry to Cow and Chicken, you got more violence than in the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Man, I'm screwed.

Every movie I watch, my son will ask me a few hundred times: "Is he the bad guy or good guy?"

"Well, see, he's the good guy, who's actually the bad guy, but in the end he turns out to be controlling the good guy, because the good guy lets him control him, so that the bad guys (who are actually the good guys) can get rid of the good guy (who is the bad guy)."

Phew!

Hmm, in the revolutions the oracle did mentioned something abt smith being the opposite of Neo, and Neo is a result of some unbalance mathematical equation, therefore when Neo heard the "Everything that has a beginning has an end", he realised that by letting smith "hack" into him, the equation will then be balanced and that explains the death of smith.

Quote Originally Posted by MeNaCeWu
    Hmm, in the revolutions the oracle did mentioned something abt smith being the opposite of Neo, and Neo is a result of some unbalance mathematical equation, therefore when Neo heard the "Everything that has a beginning has an end", he realised that by letting smith "hack" into him, the equation will then be balanced and that explains the death of smith.

Not a good show, brings disharmony into a stable relationship

But then what puzzled me is, NEO must go before Smith can be destroyed so that the equation will balance, so with this, NEO is a gonner. In the end, we do see Neo's view in the machine world so he's not necessarily dead.

ARGH! Damn them movie makers, screwing with our minds so that they can somehow come up with another sequal or prequel 10 years down the road.......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast