Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 175

Thread: WT ... Why become like this

  1. #121

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Photography in Singapore is no longer fun. It was suppose to be an enjoyable hobby for some of us and a source of income for some. But now.. HAiz.. give up.

    Shoot street, you get something like what TS got..worst case I heard is kena atacked.
    Shoot Buildings, security come to disturb.
    Shoot models, haha you can read lot and lots of interesting happenings reported in this forum.

    Even shooting Nature is not spared.
    Bottom line is be happy and do what you deem right. Photography to me was an enjoyable hobby and will continue to be.
    I remember photography used to be a really respectable hobby in the past. People with SLR will be look upon with admiration. They will be considered as artists. At least that's how I feel about SLR photographers when I was younger.

    But now because of a few black sheep, negative press and the DSLR market boom, certain stereotypes of photographers have been established. Things are just not like before anymore, and I don't think it'll ever be again
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 21st April 2009 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I remember photography used to be a really respectable hobby in the past. People with SLR will be look upon with admiration. They will be considered as artists. At least that's how I feel about SLR photographers when I was younger.

    But now because of a few black sheep, negative press and the DSLR market boom, I think certain stereotypes of photographers have been established. Things are just not like before anymore, and I don't think it'll ever be again
    i'm tempted to buy MF system for a moment... then i got sian of photography in general in sg... so now went into 3D modelling... at least if i take out my laptop ppl won't say BTSS when i am having a cup of starbucks coffee...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Hi moaning all ~ !!!

    After reading all , i suddenly feel si beh emo...
    being a photographer... si beh jialat..

    1) Must wear branded
    2) Must go do facial reconstruction
    3) Must use PnS

    *shake head*

    jin jialat.....

  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericang View Post
    Hi moaning all ~ !!!

    After reading all , i suddenly feel si beh emo...
    being a photographer... si beh jialat..

    1) Must wear branded
    2) Must go do facial reconstruction
    3) Must use PnS

    *shake head*

    jin jialat.....
    aiyo if u really like photography, u wont be bothered by all these

  5. #125

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericang View Post
    Hi moaning all ~ !!!

    After reading all , i suddenly feel si beh emo...
    being a photographer... si beh jialat..

    1) Must wear branded
    2) Must go do facial reconstruction
    3) Must use PnS

    *shake head*

    jin jialat.....
    you do facial reconstruction make sure you dont look like edison chen
    always the Light, .... always.

  6. #126

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i'm tempted to buy MF system for a moment... then i got sian of photography in general in sg... so now went into 3D modelling... at least if i take out my laptop ppl won't say BTSS when i am having a cup of starbucks coffee...
    Wah, u moderator cannot be sian about photography leh. Must lead by example

    Now i going into still life shooting at home, so no need to go out and 'expose' myself

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Wah, u moderator cannot be sian about photography leh. Must lead by example

    Now i going into still life shooting at home, so no need to go out and 'expose' myself
    cannot meh?

    the last i touched my cameras is 4 months and 20 days liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #128

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    cannot meh?

    the last i touched my cameras is 4 months and 20 days liao...


    too busy playing with aunties!!!

  9. #129

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericang View Post
    Hi moaning all ~ !!!

    After reading all , i suddenly feel si beh emo...
    being a photographer... si beh jialat..

    1) Must wear branded
    2) Must go do facial reconstruction
    3) Must use PnS

    *shake head*

    jin jialat.....
    You must also start to speak proper English, cannot talk Ah Peh Singlish anymore, in case people ask you what you're shooting. "Nothing lah, just shoot this one and shoot that one lor. I anyhow took photos one lah"

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    too busy playing with aunties!!!
    suppose to have a shoot last weekend 1... with a bunch of aunties with ceramic potteries, but i forgot the appointment...

    btw, when riotvan free to do TFCD?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    You must also start to speak proper English, cannot talk Ah Peh Singlish anymore, in case people ask you what you're shooting. "Nothing lah, just shoot this one and shoot that one lor. I anyhow took photos one lah"
    best that he moaning somemore... lol... no wonder ppl call him BTSS...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    kaoz ... must speak british english somemore ....
    like that jialat la ...
    my english is private limited lo.

    some of you are right la, just shoot and heck care they say what.
    but then, altought u can say that you can ignore,
    but not as easy as just to carry on.
    some feeling and emotion still lingers inside one....

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericang View Post
    kaoz ... must speak british english somemore ....
    like that jialat la ...
    my english is private limited lo.

    some of you are right la, just shoot and heck care they say what.
    but then, altought u can say that you can ignore,
    but not as easy as just to carry on.
    some feeling and emotion still lingers inside one....
    u carry on liddat... more will think u BTSS lor...

    but if u dun mind, then dun complain lor... if u mind, then u change lor... then u won't complain.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #134

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    cannot meh?

    the last i touched my cameras is 4 months and 20 days liao...
    Still counting... and when are you going to be a CKP or LTK or BTSS?

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Still counting... and when are you going to be a CKP or LTK or BTSS?
    Dunno... i dun think i'm eligible for such status... cos only ppl like u qualify...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #136

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    you do facial reconstruction make sure you dont look like edison chen
    That's why he ccomes to Singapore... safe mah!

    Great man who can make many cele... take photo with him in such pose!

  17. #137

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    I have a feeling that Straits Times article did quite a bit of damage to the public perception of honest struggling photogs out there.

  18. #138
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: WTF ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericang View Post
    Hi moaning all ~ !!!

    After reading all , i suddenly feel si beh emo...
    being a photographer... si beh jialat..

    1) Must wear branded
    2) Must go do facial reconstruction
    3) Must use PnS

    *shake head*

    jin jialat.....
    No worries, with proper dressing and make up, and a Nikon D300, you can look as good as Takuya Kimura.



    Disclaimer: This pic is meant as a light hearted joke, no personal insult nor copyright infringement is intended.
    Last edited by ziploc; 21st April 2009 at 02:19 PM.

  19. #139

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    too busy playing with aunties!!!

    Have been playing with auntie more than half my life. Best when auntie, me and camera all play together. Don’t worry Ericang, as the saying goes “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.”

  20. #140
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: WT ... Why become like this

    If TS find that all suggestions are too much of a hassle. He may just...

    Cheap and Good!

    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •