Thread: Whatsup Gold coast!!

Default Whatsup Gold coast!!

Will be there for 5 days; 3 days will be used on the 3 worlds so left with 2 days and probably some evening free time....

Can anyone recommend places to see/eat/shop at gold coast area? Must be affordable... Travelling about in GC; bus or taxi or anything other options?

Scheduled to fly on next tuesday and still know nothing abt GC... chia lat man...

dun ever go for the cheapo 10 bucks buffet at surfer paradise... its a chinese buffet and it sucks...
    beef taste like mutton, pork taste like chicken... lolz....

nothing much except their amusement themes at goldcoast...

ive tried their clubs there.. and its damn farking cheap and havoc... can u imagine dancing from 8pm - next morning 7am?

Do u drive? its betta for ya to rent a car there rather than taking teski.. its very ex...

and of cuz.. its almost to summer and u can see mani topless babes... :P

if you got the time (and interest), you could go to the library and get some Lonely Planet guides. Could be of some help.

P/S: SeaWorld is boring....

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    if you got the time (and interest), you could go to the library and get some Lonely Planet guides. Could be of some help.

P/S: SeaWorld is boring....
    Library? I tried last night, their aussie guides are all over the place no thanks to unconsiderate people. I can't any book on queensland. I guess GC is so popular that all those books has been lent out.

Seaworld boring? But nvm coz my wife loves animal; so should be ok...

Nude on beaches?........ Aiyah... but wife with me leh.....

If you can drive, my advice is rent a car. It is better than taking buses. Their buses operates every 20-30mins! Walk even faster

For shopping, basically you can stick around surfers paradise. There's a big mall there. I personally like the surf shops best.

There's another shopping mall near the Bus-interchange too.

There's a Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood in surfers.

If the above shopping places are not enough for you, you can drive down to Harbour Town along the Pacific highway, near one of the worlds. You can buy Nike products and other branded goods at wholesale prices! Very big mall! shop til u drop!

As for food, if you want chinese food, you could go to a chinese restaurant opposite the surfers paradise mall. Reasonable price. Check out the prices outside before u enter any restaurant there. Especially seafood restaurants. Some restaurants might look not so classy to you but their prices are really "classy".

To know more about what other places you could go around GC area, there's a tourist information counter in the surfers paradise mall. Lotsa brochures and day tours packages.

Lastly, if you want to see Brisbane city, take a bus to Nerang train station from surfers, and take a 2 hrs ride to Brisbane city station. By car, you gotta go by the Pacific Highway.

Enjoy your trip!!

I think 1 of the night (sat or sun) they will have something like a pasar malam, quite interesting things they sell. Not sure if it is still on, you may want to check with your hotel....

oh yes...it is saturday!! weekend market...just opposite surfers paradise mall along the beach...

Speaking of surf shops are there any factory outlet for Mambo ard there? I just lurve the Aussie Jesus....

Another pasar malam is during the weekends , Carrara Market.
    Beside Harbour Town, you might want to check out the other shopping malls like Robina Town Center and Pacific Fair..

vince123123
    Guests

yup u can also go to the sports warehouse thing that htey have...mega huge store of sports goods.

actaully cab is quitea good way to get ard...not say very expensive oso and no hassle to park etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLord
    If you can drive, my advice is rent a car. It is better than taking buses. Their buses operates every 20-30mins! Walk even faster

For shopping, basically you can stick around surfers paradise. There's a big mall there. I personally like the surf shops best.

There's another shopping mall near the Bus-interchange too.

There's a Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood in surfers.

If the above shopping places are not enough for you, you can drive down to Harbour Town along the Pacific highway, near one of the worlds. You can buy Nike products and other branded goods at wholesale prices! Very big mall! shop til u drop!

As for food, if you want chinese food, you could go to a chinese restaurant opposite the surfers paradise mall. Reasonable price. Check out the prices outside before u enter any restaurant there. Especially seafood restaurants. Some restaurants might look not so classy to you but their prices are really "classy".

To know more about what other places you could go around GC area, there's a tourist information counter in the surfers paradise mall. Lotsa brochures and day tours packages.

Lastly, if you want to see Brisbane city, take a bus to Nerang train station from surfers, and take a 2 hrs ride to Brisbane city station. By car, you gotta go by the Pacific Highway.

Enjoy your trip!!