Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something unpleasant happened @ a shoot

Default Re: Something unpleasant happened @ a shoot

i do agree.He must be name and post his picture here.So that everyone can know him to prevet coming for the group photo shoot especially the model shoot.

Melody,

I can understand your difficulty as a female organiser at such shoots and after reading what you have posted, I sincerely apologise to you if I have misunderstood you in any way for not pulling the plug as I believe what you did was on a best effort basis governing the fact that you had to take into consideration of a lot of other factors as well.

Please do not misinterpret my intention of posting as the monetary terms are by far more important than the safety and dignity of the models.

What perturbs me the most is why as a "collective voice" of all the photographers, it was weak and no further action was taken on the part of the photogs. Save for Nine, who actually did approach the model to ask her if she wanted to pull the plug on the shoot.

Like said. While yes, the organiser has responsibilities, but at the same time, the photographers must also share the same responsibility as well. We as photographers must not forget that we hold the models pictures in our hands. Make or break them, we have the "upper hand". In this case, the dignity of the model was compromised and her position (no pun intended) as one was at stake based on the vulgarity of such action from a said photographer.

Once again, I applaud Nine for speaking up on this thread, and speaking up for the model.

P/S: IF there are any photographers who attended the same morning session shoot and are reading this, please feedback what went on and IF any has taken photos of the perpertator in action, please post the pic of the person in action (preferably with face, front and side profile).

Mods, please allow the action of posting the pic of the person who was caught in the act. At least we have a face to ID.

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    This type of pervert must be name to protect other models. Keeping it under the tables does not help as the photos can end up on sleazy websites.
    Such behavior cannot be condoned. To help everyone, he must be exposed.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Well said but you don't have to say sorry.You done nothing wrong.Why apologise?
    Yes must expost.shoot him and post here.Let everyone know him.
    Last edited by joe; 19th April 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-Love View Post
    Well, i was a little hesistant about posting this up because i do work at events, and he's always there, so i need to be careful about him doing something to me in his unstable mentality. (hello, which girl wouldn't be afraid of her face being splashed by acid or something? if that happens, even if there's a crowd with me also no use -.-)

why hesitant? He's not being professional at all. Doesn't mean that you paid, means you can do what you want @ the shoot. There's not even the basic respect for the model & and organizer on-site. Should this kind of behaviour be condoned? I doubt so.

Dun underestimate the power of forums.

IMO, exposing such an erratic act would also bring to light and attention to other organizers & models too. I'm sure they'll be very glad you did them the favour.
    Last edited by pooQy; 19th April 2009 at 10:08 AM.
    :: Nikon D90 | Tamron 17 - 50mm f2.8 VC | Nikkor 85mm f1.8| Nikkor 50mm f1.8 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Help make this community a better place.

Please name offenders if there are witnesses and / or proof.
    2nded black sheep like these should be exposed.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Still no one dare to post his pic or at least expose his nick/name?

just a thought

can you do anything to the guy, other than prevent him from signing up for model shoots? legally, i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pooQy View Post
    why hesitant? He's not being professional at all. Doesn't mean that you paid, means you can do what you want @ the shoot. There's not even the basic respect for the model & and organizer on-site. Should this kind of behaviour be condoned? I doubt so.

Dun underestimate the power of forums.

IMO, exposing such an erratic act would also bring to light and attention to other organizers & models too. I'm sure they'll be very glad you did them the favour.
    Erratic? Nay... I will say: Dubious, Devious, Vulgar, Lewd and Abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Erratic? Nay... I will say: Dubious, Devious, Vulgar, Lewd and Abhorrent.
    i was just trying to be polite.
    :: Nikon D90 | Tamron 17 - 50mm f2.8 VC | Nikkor 85mm f1.8| Nikkor 50mm f1.8 ::

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    just a thought

can you do anything to the guy, other than prevent him from signing up for model shoots? legally, i mean.
    legal recourse, I do not think so.

But as a collective effort amongst photogs and organisers to prevent any further incidents like these from happening, information must be shared. Whether explicitly or implicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by pooQy View Post
    i was just trying to be polite.

Understood...

But do not have to be. Such uncharacteristic behaviour should not be condoned in under any circumstances.

just a thought

maybe can implement something like defaulting points...yeh just like driving you know. you break some rules you deduct points. once no more points to deduct your out

now seriously i can pay for all the slots in that session so i can have the moller all to shoot for myself.

so for the other what their purpose there? use the photos for what practice makes perfect

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    legal recourse, I do not think so.

But as a collective effort amongst photogs and organisers to prevent any further incidents like these from happening, information must be shared. Whether explicitly or implicitly.
    there is so much more than happens in the background than just bad behaviour at model shoots.

the problem is exactly this - there isn't much one can do in the way of legal recourse, so the wolves remain free, because they have done nothing much wrong legally - i.e. unless it is somehow illegal to make funny propositions (although how the hell they expect to get any positive response is beyond me).. and some of these people can even berate others for wolfish behaviour!

i can see why melody doesn't really want to name the person, since she name, then if the person is already obviously not exactly in the best state of mind (i suppose, which person in a normal state of mind would act like that in public unless he is overtaken by his... other head).. nothing is done, and what happens? what if the person takes it out on the namer? then something will be done, but at what cost?

perhaps it would be better if the mods step up, and request for the name via private means, it really serves no purpose naming him in public anyways, since nothing can be done, whether it is named in private or public. this is out of consideration for all involved parties, honestly.
    Last edited by night86mare; 19th April 2009 at 10:28 AM.

there is so much more than happens in the background than just bad behaviour at model shoots.

the problem is exactly this - there isn't much one can do in the way of legal recourse, so the wolves remain free, because they have done nothing much wrong legally - i.e. unless it is somehow illegal to make funny propositions (although how the hell they expect to get any positive response is beyond me).. and some of these people can even berate others for wolfish behaviour!
    why no action taken then, come here meh meh like goat cry wolf? oh btw my name's Samantha, hi everyone

just a thought

unless he molest the model personally i don't think anything can be done...it'll be up to the organizers to blacklist im
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    why no action taken then, come here meh meh like goat cry wolf? oh btw my name's Samantha, hi everyone
    Samantha??? guy having gal's name?

i wonder who else is there during dat shoot...

this wolf muz be expose, ruin the image of CS and photographers..

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    unless he molest the model personally i don't think anything can be done...it'll be up to the organizers to blacklist im
    SO its don't feel comfortable with his words now i think there is a need to screen all photographers then. Thos who anyhow block view use flashes must be banned from applying in these shoot? I wish i was there to see what actually happened. Or just to please all because they don't like the behaviour of only 1

take videos photos - it tells all on what happen that day.

i can see why melody doesn't really want to name the person, since she name, then if the person is already obviously not exactly in the best state of mind (i suppose, which person in a normal state of mind would act like that in public unless he is overtaken by his... other head).. nothing is done, and what happens? what if the person takes it out on the namer? then something will be done, but at what cost?

perhaps it would be better if the mods step up, and request for the name via private means, it really serves no purpose naming him in public anyways, since nothing can be done, whether it is named in private or public. this is out of consideration for all involved parties, honestly.
    Agreed on that. As it is, the person in question may take action against her and thereby posting ill-repute or even other possible inflamatory actions against her. So in which case, while I can see your point for the mods to step in, I think the greatest onus here going on is actions of the photographers themselves to step in, find out the name of the person, watch out for him. At the same time, models can get the name, and the best thing a face to ID as well. That should suffice for the moment. Now, I believe all of us are blind without a face and name. So agreed that naming in public may not serve its best purpose, I think that we might need more action as photogs to weed out such people going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Inane comment. Please stick to topic.

Yeh i would like to know who that guy is. If its not the first time and his actions were truley overboard then .....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast