Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something unpleasant happened @ a shoot

Default Re: Something unpleasant happened @ a shoot

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    if that is, then its quite a crying shame isnt it. that a female shoot organiser couldnt protect the interests of her female models..

If that is the case. That is why I applaud Nine for taking the first step where a lot of photogs do not. I can understand the difficulty of female organisers especially where these shoots are concerned. So for the record, I am not blaming her. But what bothers me is that why, out of the group of photogs, only one stands up for the model? Then the rest? The thing here is that what happens on a group shoot, does not absolve us of the responsibility of protecting the model's interest in under an circumstances. More so, in shoots like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    ok good.

you've produced a lead, now what's left is for TS to decide to confirm or choose to remain silent about names.

if TS choose not to produce names, i would suggest the thread be kept to discussions about the ethics of the photoshoot and not go on a witch hunt.
    agreed...thanks boss

TS, Please name the "problem".

Not naming the "problem", is creating more problems for everyone going forward. The rumor mill will grind it's smut, and pretty soon, it will be ... the photographers (not a photographer) in tht shoot behaved lewdly ...

To whoever the organizer might be, speak up too.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

*mod mode off*

but honestly and personally, i feel the organiser *should* step in and *advise* the misbehaving photographer to behave, even at a risk of losing a 'customer'.
    then again, the girls should have enough sense to voice out too.

oh well..

*mod mode back on*
    sigh.

*mod mode off*

but honestly and personally, i feel the organiser *should* step in and *advise* the misbehaving photographer to behave, even at a risk of losing a 'customer'.

oh well..

*mod mode back on*

Dang, you stole my thunder.

I have personally not met anyone as bad as the one TS described. However, I have seen enough lewd and idiotic behaviors in the past 5 years.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

*mod mode off*

oh well..

*mod mode back on*
    dun need *mod mode* lah

i agree too. the role of the organizer goes beyond organizing. There might be an logical explanation to it. lets wait for TS reply
    picture perfect

Well, i was a little hesistant about posting this up because i do work at events, and he's always there, so i need to be careful about him doing something to me in his unstable mentality. (hello, which girl wouldn't be afraid of her face being splashed by acid or something? if that happens, even if there's a crowd with me also no use -.-)

1. It happened at my group shoot yesterday morning.

2. His name is __________ (All organisers and photographers can PM me. I'll give name + picture + "portfolio" and he have a facebook too!). Apparently i just found out yesterday that ALOT of models know him and avoid him all the time at events.

3. First model expressed discomfort and she called off the shoot earlier. Before the first model called off the shoot, 2nd model had already arrived (she was early) and he turned his focus to my 2nd model. Me and my partner had repeatedly said "No Shooting of 2nd model before her time starts" , our words fell on deaf ears. He would stop shooting my 2nd model, but turn back every 15 minutes to shoot her.

4. I instructed the 2nd model to pretend he's invisible and focus on the other photographers. It didn't cross my mind to make him leave because any one slot was essential to the shoot to cover cost (response wasn't enough). If any one slot backs out, me and my partner would have to top up. It's not about us "greedy for money". It was more of "we have no extra money to pay for all the losses". If you are going to say we care more about money than our models, that's an insult. If we didn't care we wouldn't have allowed the models to call off the shoot earlier. If you are going to say that it's not possible for me to have no money, remember that we are still students, not working adults, and i dont take pocket money. If we had fullhouse or more than enough to cover the cost for hotel and models that day, we would definitely had chased him away and refunded him. I was thinking for a win-win solution that could chase him away yet not having to refund him.

5. The photographers voiced out their displeasure of him blocking everyone at the shoot to him. He looked meekly at them, but continued with his "hunger" shooting after 5 minutes.

6. When it got worse, my partner and i made the decision to call off the shoot earlier as the other photographers were complaining too. We hid the model in the washroom and told "everyone" to pack and leave as 2nd group is coming in. He keep not wanting to leave! Me and my partner had to really shout and "chase" him away.

7. After he left, i let the other shooters shoot both models for 45 minutes more as an apology.

8. Well, he's definitely on my ban list now.

It's not that the organiser "not doing anything". Seriously, it's the first time such things happen at my shoots and i might not have handled it best.

I would like to know if this had happened to other organisers before and how they handled it

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-Love View Post
    Well, i was a little hesistant about posting this up because i do work at events, and he's always there, so i need to be careful about him doing something to me in his unstable mentality. (hello, which girl wouldn't be afraid of her face being splashed by acid or something? if that happens, even if there's a crowd with me also no use -.-)

1. It happened at my group shoot yesterday morning.

2. His name is __________ (All organisers and photographers can PM me. I'll give name + picture + "portfolio" and he have a facebook too!). Apparently i just found out yesterday that ALOT of models know him and avoid him all the time at events. ........................
    nevertheless, he need to be EXPOSED in public for the benefit of everyone.
    We should not tolerate such behaver in our community, whether we partake model photoshoot or not.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

This "photographer" sounds like a person a model once describe to me!!

Nonetheless; i believe such acts should not be condone. A person like that don't even fit to be call a hobbyist or amateur photographer. I urge organisers to take note of this issue and exclude him from future shoot. It certainly taint the name of clubsnap and other photographers professional and amateur alike.

For the record, nickname starts with "R"?

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Akatsuki; 19th April 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Thanks JayKay for pointing out the mistake!
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
    This "photographer" sounds like a person a model once describe to me!!

Nonetheless; i believe such acts should be condone. A person like that don't even fit to be call a hobbyist or amateur photographer. I urge organisers to take note of this issue and exclude him from future shoot. It certainly taint the name of clubsnap and other photographers professional and amateur alike.

For the record, nickname starts with "R"?

Like 2 cents
    I think you meant "should not be condoned".

Blog Entries

*mod mode off*

chey... want to find out who, just go to the famous sleaze site lor. confirm plus chope the pics will be there.....

*mod mode on*
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

i think just expose the person already........

why so long winded ah ? i also dunno what the organiser is being scared. nothing wrong. if he did wrong. expose in community is also nothing.

expose nick can already. no need expose his personal details.....

I was not there, so my views will be different, and I try not to judge. BUT---

If the other photographers had put in some collective effort, instead of 'complaining', and adding stress to the Organiser, this may have worked out differently.
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Well done for the TS for speaking out, sometimes, it is sad that we have a mentality of being afraid to correct the misbehaviour of other people in our encounters, this applies not only for photoshoot, but also for many situations in public.

I'm for the person to be named
    1) to warn other organisers
    2) to warn other models
    3) to tell others that they better think twice if they feel that they can get away with such behaviour

Edit: I hate to add pressure, but naming the offender will also reflect well on the professionalism of the organiser, which is important to potential customers/models.
    Last edited by ahbian; 19th April 2009 at 09:54 AM.

That fellow too much,it think he had gone too far.If I'm there,I sure to shout at him.Too bad I was not there.
    Last edited by joe; 19th April 2009 at 09:35 AM.

probably the mollers too zacy when dressed up. lets say now organizers reallyl really need mollers like me. I am zacy when dolled up and makeup as a girl. now when i put on laugerie if such 'wolves' appear during the shoot and ask me pose spread legs i will eagerly do it. in fact specially me as moller in all such organized shot all wolves are welcommed

So who did it?

Com'on..

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    probably the mollers too zacy when dressed up. lets say now organizers reallyl really need mollers like me. I am zacy when dolled up and makeup as a girl. now when i put on laugerie if such 'wolves' appear during the shoot and ask me pose spread legs i will eagerly do it. in fact specially me as moller in all such organized shot all wolves are welcommed
    You siao. Later you kanna rape by the wolf.Cry also no point.

This type of pervert must be name to protect other models. Keeping it under the tables does not help as the photos can end up on sleazy websites.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast