Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera setup?

Default Re: Camera setup?

Get the 10-22 and a 17-55/17-50 f/2.8!
    Honestly didn't see the need for telephoto the last time I was in japan and my Tamron 17-50 2.8 was on my camera more or less all the time, especially if you're in a tight city like tokyo looking to capture "scenes", if you want to capture candid portraits from a distance then you might need the range.

Mmm,

as I always suggest, for me I personally always bring a multi-lens overseas, those that are 18-200mm e.g. Because I don't wish to bring so many equip along, so this lens practically covers 2 lens. But bear in mind that these lenses have a big F range. Like 3 to 6+-.

Cowz.
    Olympus E-3: ZD 12-60mm F2.8-4 SWD|ZD 40-150mm F3.5-4.5|OM 50mm F1.4
    My Faith is my shield

Canon 18-200mm is good for travelling light but the image quality is not very good compared to 18-55. I suggest 18-55 with 55-250. If not a 17-40 for a good IQ. Tripod will be good for landscape and group photo.
    Canon 6D, Canon 450D, Canon F1.8, Canon 55-250, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16 F2.8, 580EX

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidcowz View Post
    Mmm,

as I always suggest, for me I personally always bring a multi-lens overseas, those that are 18-200mm e.g. Because I don't wish to bring so many equip along, so this lens practically covers 2 lens. But bear in mind that these lenses have a big F range. Like 3 to 6+-.

Cowz.
    Thats why im renting 2 lenses =D

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNKL View Post
    Get the 10-22 and a 17-55/17-50 f/2.8!
    Honestly didn't see the need for telephoto the last time I was in japan and my Tamron 17-50 2.8 was on my camera more or less all the time, especially if you're in a tight city like tokyo looking to capture "scenes", if you want to capture candid portraits from a distance then you might need the range.
    im taking a wide angle and zoom lens with me
    so out of the 3.. which one should be the best ??
    Im still noob

Quote Originally Posted by Chipnchips View Post
    im taking a wide angle and zoom lens with me
    so out of the 3.. which one should be the best ??
    Im still noob
    Depends on what your budget is... the EF 17-40 f/4 is an L lens... which means the IQ is damn good, but its also damn expensive and I should think heavier as well.

The EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 obviously has more range and still has a sharp image and distortion control as well as Image Stabiliser. Good in low light as well. However, its not very resistant to flare and vignettes when wide open at 2.8

The 17-50 I would assume would be a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 which is an ok lens.

If I were renting a lens for a 400D(1.6x crop body) I'd choose the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 as it comes with IS, has more reach (since you're taking the wide) and the image quality is quite good already. The 17-40L doesn't have quite enough range and f/4 sometimes just can't make it. The Tamron I wouldn't choose, because value for money isn't as large a factor when renting as compared to buying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12