Thread: Camera Storage.

Default Camera Storage.

Hi Bros!

Just want to find out from you guys what do you all do to your cameras and lens after coming back from a photoshoot?

Do you wipe it clean with a damp or dry cloth or simply just store it into the dry cabinet without doing anything?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Camera Storage.

Quote Originally Posted by kentjr View Post
    Do you wipe it clean with a damp or dry cloth or simply just store it into the dry cabinet without doing anything?
    What else do you want to do? Maybe removing cards to download pics; remove batteries for charging; remove all bugs and other insects 'collected' accidentally ...
    Ok, those guys with weathersealed camera can give it a gentle shower.

Thanks for e reply bro,

So is it okie to wipe the camera body with a damp cloth and then air it dry before storing?
    I am only afraid it might induce any fungus growth.

Nah, it takes more to grow fungus. Even if the cam is not completely dry the dry cabinet will do its job. Whatever humidity you bring in with your equipment will be removed by the dehumidifier. That's the way it works

Thanks Alot Bro!!!

I'm off to wipe my cam already.!

Haha,

my cam keeps a air bath from my electronic blower evrytime its back from a photoshoot. I don't really bother bout moist, well the dry box will do dat job for me Just gotta get rid of the dust dat's all. Mmm, my E-3 is weather-sealed but O.O a shower. Sounds risky lol.

Cowz.
    Olympus E-3: ZD 12-60mm F2.8-4 SWD|ZD 40-150mm F3.5-4.5|OM 50mm F1.4
    My Faith is my shield

Hi

I usually give it a blower treatment to take out the dust particles, especially those trapped in the groove of the lens
    Then i wipe the body with a dry cloth
    After this, i clean the lens and the filter
    Then off to the dry cabi

Hope it helps
    [If you aim, you shoot!

shooting in asia and other humid places will surely get ur hands damp and salty. even more when shooting at beaches. its good to give the body and lens a quick damp wipe before u deposit in dry box. u'll see and appreciate it in the long term.