Thread: Linux Ubuntu

Default Linux Ubuntu

Any Linux Users here? Ubuntu specifically?
    Just curious. Anyway i use Windows (Personal, Office 07, Photoshop, Gaming) and Ubuntu for using err.. heheh. (isohunt, piratebay) u know wad i mean. So just want to ask if there are any users of Linux here in CS?

Oh yeah. BTW. Ubuntu is FOC.
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

Default Re: Linux Ubuntu

ubuntu is simple to use... like mac OS... just initially abit hard to figure out the filesystem (linux) if you have used DOS/Windows all your life.

problem still lies with the software. most software i use still runs on windows. so i can't use linux, and hence i boot to windows all the time, and ubuntu or other distro are just for the fun of it.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I used Ubuntu, I ran it on my old Dual P3 933MHz computer.
    It is only for web related activities. I have another Win XP
    box for other Wintel applications.

Last edited by jasonlcs; 17th April 2009 at 10:23 PM.
    [ Flickr ]

I use Ubuntu for my laptop and desktop. Running XP inside VMware.

Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    Any Linux Users here? Ubuntu specifically?
    Just curious. Anyway i use Windows (Personal, Office 07, Photoshop, Gaming) and Ubuntu for using err.. heheh. (isohunt, piratebay) u know wad i mean. So just want to ask if there are any users of Linux here in CS?

Oh yeah. BTW. Ubuntu is FOC.
    Ubuntu is my default OS , follow by Mac. (In fact , i prefer ubuntu over mac). Most of my applications are met satisfactory in open source or self develop in Linux. If not , Mac will have to do .

Have not upgrade my hardware for quite a long time after migrating away from windows.
    Last edited by kitkat; 17th April 2009 at 11:24 PM.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux on a machine from 2005 and it runs nicely compared to Windows but Mac OS X is my main operating system.

For me, the level of support isn't there yet, but I don't have the typical internet connection and I end up sharing from my Mac.

On the 23rd of April, the latest Ubuntu release, 9.04, will be available and it should be interesting to see improvements.