Thread: Do you agree with Brad Pitt on this statement

solankie
    Guests

Default Do you agree with Brad Pitt on this statement

Do you agree with Brad Pitt on this statement? "I'll trade wisdom for youth any day. It's a tragedy in the sense that any love involves loss, and that's the risk you take. And the greater the love, the greater the loss. I certainly feel that now with the woman I'm with, and the children that I have. But whatever the course may be, this time together is extraordinary."

Default Re: Do you agree with Brad Pitt on this statement

why not i just give it another twist to show how much more wisdom i have and how much more handsome i m

English version: If u never loved hard enough to experience the feeling of deep great loss, it means u have never loved.

Crude version: If u NEBER Lub ur darling deep deep, deep until u feel like u just fell down from the moon to earth into the ocean floor, it means u never lub ur darling enough.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

As I age.... and my body parts starts to fail..... I too would trade wisdom for youth....

Scuba & Father... For Life

I lost my wisdom teeth IN my youth.

How many years can I get back for my gums
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

As a student, one would trade youth for wisdom. (Need for exam etc blah blah)
    As an adult, one would trade wisdom for youth. (Need to attract teh girl)
    As a photographer, one would trade both for camera lenses. (BBB Virus, most ppl infected with this virus normally come from CS)
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by solankie View Post
    Do you agree with Brad Pitt on this statement? "I'll trade wisdom for youth any day. It's a tragedy in the sense that any love involves loss, and that's the risk you take. And the greater the love, the greater the loss. I certainly feel that now with the woman I'm with, and the children that I have. But whatever the course may be, this time together is extraordinary."
    in life, you are given youth, but you gain wisdom. as we get older, youth is taken back, but we gain wisdom along the way and this is ours to keep forever.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    why not i just give it another twist to show how much more wisdom i have and how much more handsome i m

English version: If u never loved hard enough to experience the feeling of deep great loss, it means u have never loved.

Crude version: If u NEBER Lub ur darling deep deep, deep until u feel like u just fell down from the moon to earth into the ocean floor, it means u never lub ur darling enough.
    I agree completely... one will never experience what sweetness is until they've really had bitterness in their life...

Everyone wants sweetness and not bitterness, and by doing so creates an insatiable want to have more sweetness because there is no benchmark for those people... Look at our forefathers, they knew what sweetness was because they went through all that hardship to bring us where we are today. And yet I believe they are the happiest people around because they were already very happy with the simplest of things.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

is it just me, but i dont quite understand his sentence.. neh.

he means that the past generations are more appreciative of the little things in life because of the hardship they experienced in their youth which has showed them happiest is hard to come by and should appreciated no matter how small.

don't be too greedy enjoy what opportunities you're presented with and use it to the fullest. Count yourself lucky that you had a safe
    upbringing...some others not so lucky.

then again i'm relatively young so i wouldn't know what they've gone through..just my 2 cents
    Canon 450D | EFS 18-55mm
    Ride it like you stole it!