Thread: Abu Dhabi - How to keep the cameras and lens

Default Abu Dhabi - How to keep the cameras and lens

Hi, newbie here....

Will be posted to in abu dhabi next month.

It is natural to store the cameras and lens in dry case in Singapore due the our high humidity. Wonder do we need to do the same over there. Understand the weather can be extreme hot but.... my concern is the extreme in tempreture and sometimes, the humidity also goes up as i was told.

Have search thru the forum, many caution on the sand getting into the lens but none talk about storage.

Any good advice to give. Thank in advance

Default Re: Abu Dhabi - How to keep the cameras and lens

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    Hi, newbie here....

Will be posted to in abu dhabi next month.

It is natural to store the cameras and lens in dry case in Singapore due the our high humidity. Wonder do we need to do the same over there. Understand the weather can be extreme hot but.... my concern is the extreme in tempreture and sometimes, the humidity also goes up as i was told.

Have search thru the forum, many caution on the sand getting into the lens but none talk about storage.

Any good advice to give. Thank in advance
    How long are you expected to be stationed there?

In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about storage there. While it does gets a bit humid now and then, it is not as bad as Singapore. I would say that it is generally quite dry there. Sand would be more of a major problem there.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8