Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WHAT is the difference between SD card and XD card???

  1. #1

    Default WHAT is the difference between SD card and XD card???

    I bought a new Olympus C-150 2.0 megapixels camera today. I opened it up and realized that it is using 'xD' Card memory. So what is difference between this 'xD' card and the 'SD' card memory that we commonly see selling???

    On the Olympus website, it stated that the camera can only use 'xD' card, does it mean that it cannot use 'SD' card???

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    yes. xD (newer and more expensive) and SD are 2 different formats. You can't use SD cards with your new camera.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    yes. xD (newer and more expensive) and SD are 2 different formats. You can't use SD cards with your new camera.
    thanks for the quick reply.... another question:

    DOES any1 know what price is 64mb xD card??

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kitten's Den
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camm
    thanks for the quick reply.... another question:

    DOES any1 know what price is 64mb xD card??
    Very roughly, for CF card, $0.40-0.50 per mb.
    For most others include XD, $0.90-$1 per mb

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frisky
    Very roughly, for CF card, $0.40-0.50 per mb.
    For most others include XD, $0.90-$1 per mb

    OK, thanks very much for the quick replies, you guys have been very helpful!!! THANKS A LOT!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default

    most visible, size

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •