Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emjay Enterprises Announcement- 16-Apr-09

Default Re: Emjay Enterprises Announcement- 16-Apr-09

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay Enterprises View Post
    We are also in discussion to launch an extended warranty programme at affordable prices. This will cover products under warranty with more than 6 months left from the previous distributor. ...
    Emjay, I think your extended warranty programme (at affordable prices) is !

If the street prices in SG are direct a conversion of the Pentax USA webstore prices, then there is no change from the earlier situation; infact, they would be higher.

For eg:
    Pentax USA webstore prices
    DA*16-50 = US$915 = SG$1369 (it was SG$1130)
    DA*50-135 = US$1000 = SG$1496 (was SG$1400)
    DA40 Ltd = US$415 = SG$621 (was SG$500)
    etc etc.

I doubt if any retailer in SG can match B&H or Amazon prices because of the difference in the volumes moved in SG and the US. That said, something lower than the previously prevailing SG prices would be nice to have.
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Dear Pentaxians

Emjay Enterprises would like to announce that the Retail Prices of Pentax cameras and accessories will be comparable to the prices you find in Pentax USA’s webstore.

We are also in discussion to launch an extended warranty programme at affordable prices. This will cover products under warranty with more than 6 months left from the previous distributor.

Stocks will arrive soon and be ready to check them at your favourite stores!

Looking forward to hear what you think about our announcement.

Cheers to all
    Hi MJ,

It's good to see things are moving along. At least it's a good start to have the extended warranty program so many here would benefit.

As to the prices, I don't think we'd see prices comparable to webstores like Amazon or B&H. But hopefully they are at least comparable to the prices from these stores plus shipping, import tax, and a small amount of mock up

Let's see how it goes. At least it's great to know that MJ has started to work for us Pentaxians already

Good on the extended warranty! Now I'll consider getting my next Pentax DSLR upgrade new instead of 2nd-hand or overseas.

But, but.. local retail prices have to come down from current heights. As some have mentioned, if bricks n mortar stores in USA are selling for 30% to 50% less (and online may be even cheaper), then us pragmatic and cost-conscious types will vote with our wallets.

The market is definitely here, as long as prices are competitive and reasonable.

I guess we're waiting to see the revised price list when stocks come in.. hoping for good news!

Hi MJ, don't look too far. It would be as great to match HK street prices.

I expect that the "Retail Price" Emjay are referring to would be the official list price in Singapore. I expect the street price to be lower, but by how much, we won't be able to tell yet. Depends in part on what is the margin retailers get and how much they are prepared to eat into that margin to give discounts and move their stock.

But to expect the Singapore distributor to announce an official list price that matches HK's street price or US online webstores is just not realistic. That they are matching the US list price is already a good start I think.

Even if you slap a 7% on these HK prices, its still a lot cheaper than our current prices for most of the lens and body prices, with the exception of the DA* lens which cost about the same everywhere.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/johnlone/pentax_price_list

Anyway this is just a rough guide of the prices in Hong Kong. I got my DA70 from there last year.
    Last edited by art2d2; 17th April 2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Are the products you buy from B&H or Amazon warrantied?

Are the products you buy from B&H or Amazon warrantied?
    Yes, previous agents (J&J and Shriro) considered International Warranty valid here in Singapore We can send email to Pentax USA to require an International Warranty card (by sending photo copy of the original receipts and product ID cards).

Dear Pentaxians

I hope you can be patient. Emjay Enterprises tries its best to accomodate your requests but no promises made yah

It is good to know that Emjay Enterprises is gathering feedback and working out a win-win situation for the distributor and consumers.

Make the consumers happy and I'm sure business will be good.
    Or at least, pissed off the consumers with bad deal/pricing etc, you can be sure smart Pentaxians will know where to get alternatives.

Appreciate the effort of Emjay and good luck to good business.

It's good to hear from the distributor itself from the forum, it will never happen for Canon & Nikon haha. Really adds a personal touch.
    I have been toying with the idea of a dslr since a long time and have done many studies on both the brands, almost to the point of buying the Nikon D90 since it was launched. But I did not, the bottomline is I don't earn big bucks and the price of D90 is close to 1 month's of my salary. Besides I have seen the limitations of the Canons and Nikons with their prime lenses, when both PURPOSELY stuck to their non image stabilisation camera bodies, when prime lenses needed most for portraits, simply cos of low light conditions indoors. I am seriously looking into Pentax, and if the price is good I will well be the next Pentaxian!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12