Thread: Coolpix990 and digital printing

Default Coolpix990 and digital printing

Im using cool pix990. In order to avoid cropping of photos (during digital printing in the lab) at the sides, which one of the following format should i use?

SETTING SIZE(PIXELS)

Basic (3:2) 2048x1360
    Basic (Full) 2048x1536

According to the manual, Basic (3:2) has the same aspect ratio as 35mm film but in this setting i cannot use the viewfinder.

If i use Basic (full), will my photos get cropped off during printing? In this case how can i change the format to 3:2 using Photoshop6.0? Appreciate if any of u could give me step by step instructions to change the format to 3:2

Thk u.

Default Re: Coolpix990 and digital printing

Originally posted by dgeralds
    Im using cool pix990. In order to avoid cropping of photos (during digital printing in the lab) at the sides, which one of the following format should i use?

SETTING SIZE(PIXELS)

Basic (3:2) 2048x1360
    Basic (Full) 2048x1536

According to the manual, Basic (3:2) has the same aspect ratio as 35mm film but in this setting i cannot use the viewfinder.

If i use Basic (full), will my photos get cropped off during printing? In this case how can i change the format to 3:2 using Photoshop6.0? Appreciate if any of u could give me step by step instructions to change the format to 3:2

Thk u.
    Never use the BASIC setting. Too much JPEG compression which can affect the quality of the pictures. A good way will be to use the 3:2 mode and use the LCD to compose.

If you choose to use the Full mode, then crop in photoshop to the 3:2 format if you don't want the labs to use their discretion when printing.

Regards
    CK