Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 2nd DSLR to get

Red face Re: Which 2nd DSLR to get

Hi...

I'm having this problem too. I'm a Canon user and i'm thinking of getting a 2nd DSLR for my fiance. Which one should i get? Should i get other brand or should i get Canon? Help pleaseeeee....

Default Re: Which 2nd DSLR to get

Quote Originally Posted by lilly View Post
    Hi...

I'm having this problem too. I'm a Canon user and i'm thinking of getting a 2nd DSLR for my fiance. Which one should i get? Should i get other brand or should i get Canon? Help pleaseeeee....
    I would say choose the same brand, because then you can interchange lenses and accessories... If you can, buy the same body so it'll be easier to use.... no need to interchange brain...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Hi...

Solutions are simple:
    1. If you 2 are really pragmatic, then get the same make. That way, you can share the lenses and other accessories.
    2. If you 2 are peculiarly at loggerheads over the brand, then just get one of his/her desired make and model.

Did your wife ask for a cam for herself? My gf borrows my cam sometimes but she wouldn't
    be bothered to carry another out. She simply told me why would she want to take another
    out when there's someone carrying it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Solutions are simple:
    1. If you 2 are really pragmatic, then get the same make. That way, you can share the lenses and other accessories.
    2. If you 2 are peculiarly at loggerheads over the brand, then just get one of his/her desired make and model.
    Hi Nickmak and Blue Shadow,

Really appreciate for your suggestions. I already have a 450d. Which canon eos should i get for him? i'm looking for a semi-pro DSLR.

D40 or D50?
    1st hand or 2nd hand?

Hi...

In my opinion, I think you should get another Canon DSLR. So that you and your fiancee can share/borrow lenses

Hi Nickmak and Blue Shadow,

Really appreciate for your suggestions. I already have a 450d. Which canon eos should i get for him? i'm looking for a semi-pro DSLR.

D40 or D50?
    1st hand or 2nd hand?
    Hi lilly,

You meant the Canon 40D or 50D dSLR right? And not the Nikon D40 or D50 dSLR?

Well, unless you are planning to surprise him, do seek his opinion on this matter. While most brands offer excellent choices, he may have a preference for a particular make or model.

With myself as a case in point, although I consider myself equally capable in handling Canon/Nikon/Sony/Olympus dSLRs, I still prefer Nikon. It's just me, you see, and your finance may have a peculiar preference for a particular brand or so.

5Dmk2...... he will love you more and more....

Would be good to buy same brand as can share the lenses
    Last edited by chalib; 16th April 2009 at 11:41 AM.

ah!! the nomenclature prob again..

somebody was persistent on getting a 50D because its cheap when he actually mean a D50 from nikon.

better bring a guy/gal who knows their gadget well and yes!! bring her to the shop for her to choose, if not, choice based on budget.
    Its not the camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Hi lilly,

You meant the Canon 40D or 50D dSLR right? And not the Nikon D40 or D50 dSLR?

Well, unless you are planning to surprise him, do seek his opinion on this matter. While most brands offer excellent choices, he may have a preference for a particular make or model.

With myself as a case in point, although I consider myself equally capable in handling Canon/Nikon/Sony/Olympus dSLRs, I still prefer Nikon. It's just me, you see, and your finance may have a peculiar preference for a particular brand or so.
    hi..

im reffering to canon..

cheers!

My point applies, either way. The Canon 40D/50D is certainly an excellent camera. It's simply a matter of personal taste. That's what I meant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12