Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394447484950 LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

GERRARD NAMED FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR

Steven Gerrard is celebrating today after being named Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association.

The Liverpool skipper beat off competition from Manchester United pair Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney to win the most prestigious individual award in English football.

Having already landed the PFA Fans Player of the Year award this season, the FWA honour caps another incredible campaign for the 28-year-old midfielder, who has led by example and driven his side to within touching distance of achieving their title dreams.

Whether those dreams are realised over the next week or not remains to be seen, but over the course of the past ten months Gerrard has once again cemented his standing as the finest midfielder in European football.

His two goals at West Ham United on Saturday - which temporarily fired Liverpool back to the top of the league - saw him climb above Ian St John in the club's all-time scoring charts as he took his tally for the season to an impressive 23, equalling his best ever return in a red shirt.

Fifteen of his goals this term have arrived in the Premier League and have included strikes in high-profile games against Manchester United and Everton, while in Europe he also rose to the occasion with five goals in the group stages - including his 100th goal for Liverpool against PSV Eindhoven - and then two more against Real Madrid in the last sixteen clash at Anfield.

"We are delighted to honour Steven's contribution this season with our prestigous award," said Steve Bates, National Chairman of the Football Writers' Association.

"Steven has had a fantastic season and has so often been the driving force behind Liverpool's forceful challenge for the Barclays Premier League title.

"His passion and desire to send the title race into the closing days of this campaign has underpinned Liverpool's pursuit of Manchester United and he has frequently caught the eye with outstanding performances which have showcased his considerable talent.

"Steven is viewed by the Football Writers who voted as the heartbeat of Liverpool's team and a player who gives everything for the cause.

"He beat off a strong challenge from Old Trafford stars Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand to emerge as a clear winner and he follows a long and illustrious list of British and European footballers to win the vote of the Football Writers."

Steven will be presented with his award at a gala dinner at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London on Friday May 29.

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

The last time a Liverpool player won the award, they also won the 'old' Division ONE;

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

heng u never put the dirty kite one
    otherwise, a lot of people lose appetite for dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    The last time a Liverpool player won the award, they also won the 'old' Division ONE;

Wigan Athletic v Manchester United
    GO STEVE BRUCE GO.
    GO WIGAN GO!

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Xie xie brudder! Lub tis deep deep!

When can buy? I wanna my new jersey sign by Gerrard!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

most probably in mid-june

looks like a training kit to me. but still better then the grey one.

Quote Originally Posted by boresome View Post
    Wigan Athletic v Manchester United
    GO STEVE BRUCE GO.
    GO WIGAN GO!
    Yeah... he will doing us a great favour!

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Yeah... he will doing us a great favour!
    Steve Bruce didnt

1 more point to go
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Steve Bruce didnt

1 more point to go
    expected victory for manCircle.

jus glad tat u guys are forming circles n celebrating now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    expected victory for manCircle.

jus glad tat u guys are forming circles n celebrating now.
    Next May in 2010, we talk again

Ohhh that was low ... by Aug 2009, ManCity will buy 18 new players and win it

see if i hengheng still alive or not! kekeke

Com'on You REDS!!!!

RAFA REVIVES SPANISH RAID

Silva's agent confirms interest in Liverpool target
    By Soccernet staff
    May 13, 2009

David Silva's agent has fuelled rumours that Liverpool have revived their bid to sign the Valencia star after he confirmed that a number of clubs had made enquiries.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez withdrew from the original transfer talks a few months ago after the cash-strapped Spaniards went public in an attempt to spark a bidding war with Juventus, Inter Milan, and Barcelona.

But it is now claimed that Liverpool have tabled a final 15million offer for the 23-year-old and Silva's representative, Jose Segui, admits there is interest in the midfielder.

"At this time it is normal there are many stories in the papers about transfers, but the decision depends on Valencia," Segui told Sky Sports. "It is certain that some clubs have asked about the boy, but he has a deal with Valencia and he is happy in the city."

Benitez, who left Valencia to become Liverpool manager in June 2004, has been courting Silva for a long time but was unhappy with the way the La Liga club handled negotiations when they eventually began back in March.

Benitez fumed: "Our chief scout was in Valencia and talked with different people from the club but someone was talking too much. If we are going to look for someone we will not announce it to everyone - we will try to do it properly and secretly."

Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez, who admitted that Silva and striker David Villa might have to be sold to serve club debts of between 350m and 450m, insisted no decisions would be made until the end of the season with Los Che still battling for Champions League qualification.

"Now it is impossible to negotiate anything because the future of the team in qualifying for Europe is not decided and that is key for the budget next season," Gomez said.

good. we need quality wingers.

com'on!!!! sign him n sell dirty kite!

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I am sure Man Citeh can buy any player they want

May 2010 is long way so lets see how things develop over the new season

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    see if i hengheng still alive or not! kekeke

Com'on You REDS!!!!
    I am sure u still be alive this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post

League Cup?