Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

Deregistered

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

rafa resting gerrard and torres for this week match against arsenal.

BUANG MANYOO BUANG MANYOOO

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (36) End of the Season!

4-4! didnt disappoint us! gd fight.

HILLSBOROUGH - Remembering the 96

On 15th April 1989 a crush developed in the stand at an FA Cup
    semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. 96 Liverpool fans
    were fatally injured, the eldest 67 years old, the youngest 10. The
    official inquiry into the tragedy cited the cause as a lack of police
    control and poor stadium conditions but no-one has ever been
    successfully prosecuted for their part in the disaster.

The battle to determine the truth behind the events of that day
    continues and the fight for justice goes on.

Today, we remember the 96 who lost their lives. Our thoughts are for
    them, their families and the many people whose lives were changed
    forever on that day.

Full coverage of the 20th Anniversary Memorial Service is available
    for free today on LFC TV. The service begins at 14:45 (21:45 Singapore
    time)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...90414-2356.htm

You'll Never Walk Alone

IN MEMORIUM

John Alfred Anderson (62)
    Thomas Howard (39)

Colin Mark Ashcroft (19)
    Thomas Anthony Howard (14)

James Gary Aspinall (18)
    Eric George Hughes (42)

Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16)
    Alan Johnston (29)

Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67)
    Christine Anne Jones (27)

Simon Bell (17)
    Gary Philip Jones (18)

Barry Sidney Bennett (26)
    Richard Jones (25)

David John Benson (22)
    Nicholas Peter Joynes (27)

David William Birtle (22)
    Anthony Peter Kelly (29)

Tony Bland (22)
    Michael David Kelly (38)

Paul David Brady (21)
    Carl David Lewis (18)

Andrew Mark Brookes (26)
    David William Mather (19)

Carl Brown (18)
    Brian Christopher Mathews (38)

David Steven Brown (25)
    Francis Joseph McAllister (27)

Henry Thomas Burke (47)
    John McBrien (18)

Peter Andrew Burkett (24)
    Marion Hazel McCabe (21)

Paul William Carlile (19)
    Joseph Daniel McCarthy (21)

Raymond Thomas Chapman (50)
    Peter McDonnell (21)

Gary Christopher Church (19)
    Alan McGlone (28)

Joseph Clark (29)
    Keith McGrath (17)

Paul Clark (18)
    Paul Brian Murray (14)

Gary Collins (22)
    Lee Nicol (14)

Stephen Paul Copoc (20)
    Stephen Francis O'Neill (17)

Tracey Elizabeth Cox (23)
    Jonathon Owens (18)

James Philip Delaney (19)
    William Roy Pemberton (23)

Christopher Barry Devonside (18)
    Carl William Rimmer (21)

Christopher Edwards (29)
    David George Rimmer (38)

Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons (34)
    Graham John Roberts (24)

Thomas Steven Fox (21)
    Steven Joseph Robinson (17)

Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)
    Henry Charles Rogers (17)

Barry Glover (27)
    Colin Andrew Hugh William Sefton (23)

Ian Thomas Glover (20)
    Inger Shah (38)

Derrick George Godwin (24)
    Paula Ann Smith (26)

Roy Harry Hamilton (34)
    Adam Edward Spearritt (14)

Philip Hammond (14)
    Philip John Steele (15)

Eric Hankin (33)
    David Leonard Thomas (23)

Gary Harrison (27)
    Patrik John Thompson (35)

Stephen Francis Harrison (31)
    Peter Reuben Thompson (30)

Peter Andrew Harrison (15)
    Stuart Paul William Thompson (17)

David Hawley (39)
    Peter Francis Tootle (21)

James Robert Hennessy (29)
    Christopher James Traynor (26)

Paul Anthony Hewitson (26)
    Martin Kevin Traynor (16)

Carl Darren Hewitt (17)
    Kevin Tyrrell (15)

Nicholas Michael Hewitt (16)
    Colin Wafer (19)

Sarah Louise Hicks (19)
    Ian David Whelan (19)

Victoria Jane Hicks (15)
    Martin Kenneth Wild (29)

Gordon Rodney Horn (20)
    Kevin Daniel Williams (15)

Arthur Horrocks (41)
    Graham John Wright (17)

Hillsborough tragedy

Steven Gerrard says death of his cousin at Hillsborough was biggest inspiration

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard is inspired by the memory of his 10-year-old cousin.

Steven Gerrard says the memory of his cousin who died in the Hillsborough disaster has inspired him to reach the pinnacle of his profession. Liverpool's captain will lead the club's squad into Anfield for Wednesday's memorial service marking the tragedy's 20th anniversary and his thoughts will be dominated by recollections of his late cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley.

Gilhooley, then 10, was the youngest of the 96 Liverpool supporters crushed to death at Sheffield Wednesday's home as their team played Nottingham Forest in an FA Cup semi-final.

"Unfortunately for myself and my family we got the dreaded knock the next morning to say that a member of our family was at the game and had been killed," said Gerrard today. "Obviously it was difficult to know that one of your cousins has been tragically crushed but seeing the reactions of his mum, dad and family helped me drive on to become the player I have developed into today."

Gerrard was only nine at the time but the graphic horror of the deadly chain of events unleashed by policing failures at Hillsborough's Leppings Lane end on 15 April 1989 has never left the England midfielder, who watched the tragedy unfold live on the BBC's Grandstand.

"I was really, really shocked and deeply saddened to have seen the scenes on TV at the time," he said. Like so many other *Liverpool fans Gerrard went to bed that night trusting family and friends had emerged unscathed. "I was lying there praying and keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't get any worse," he said.

Sadly, the next day brought news of Gilhooley's death but Gerrard's family were far from the only ones woken by sombre knocks on the front door and, two decades on, the memories remain raw.

"I'll see Jon-Paul's family at the service and it's nice to share it with them but also all the other families that are there showing their support," said Gerrard, whose admiration for the dignified way in which the bereaved have borne their loss is boundless. "They have behaved impeccably and the club are very proud of them and the way they have handled this tragedy. The Liverpool players will continue to be a support for them, I can guarantee you that," he pledged.

Indeed, at Anfield players, fans and club officials remain tightly bound by such acutely personal ties. "The memory of Hillsborough is very central and very important to this club and the 96 will never be forgotten, as well as the people that got hurt," emphasised Gerrard before explaining that foreign players joining Liverpool are quickly made aware of the disaster and its on-going repercussions.

"This club has fought for justice ever since and will continue to do so," he said. "It is important these people get remembered individually and not just as a number of 96. We have stuck together since that day like we always do at this club and that shows what kind of football club we are, sticking by each other when times are tough.

"We are not just about what happens on the pitch, we are all one off the pitch as well. Time has gone by but the scars will never ever be healed and the fans and the players will never, ever forget."

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    how come u were not sleeping?

Err...it was still early for me at that time leh
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

It really takes a miracle to overturn the deficit but we done our best

Can't really tell how good was last night match as I only can follow the live score update on soccernet. But the seesaw score showed that both teams are really going for it, and for Liverpool to be able to score 4 goals at Stamford Bridge shows that we are not afraid to attack. And while it is sad to see Liverpool come so close and yet failed at last minute, we should take heart that this will give extra impetus for the boys to fight manu all the way for the EPL title.

Good game from both side. Chel$ki under Hiddinks had proved to be a team to be reckoned. We shall see if they can overcome Barca next.

Of course, next I really hope to see manu stretched to their limit by Porto. Go all the way to the penalty shootout. Even if manu managed to proceed to the semis, it may proved to be an advantage to Liverpool in our league title fight.

looking at next season.

a pity we conceded TOO many unnecessary goals against chel$ki.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

let start the mind game!! 7 more matches to go?

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    let start the mind game!! 7 more matches to go?
    I don't think we need to do that. Just concentrate on winning all of our remaining matches. That will already give extra pressure to manu.

Yeah man ...

How i wish MAN U today lose to porto which is a hard team to fight
    Canon User Since SLR 888
    Owner of 5D mark III

Porto nv lose to an english team if memory serve me right.

2 - 2 DRAW!!! Extra Time!!! Penalty Shootout!!! I don't care who wins in the end, just drag the match as long as possible

Deregistered

Hillsborough tragedy

Steven Gerrard says death of his cousin at Hillsborough was biggest inspiration

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard is inspired by the memory of his 10-year-old cousin.

Steven Gerrard says the memory of his cousin who died in the Hillsborough disaster has inspired him to reach the pinnacle of his profession. Liverpool's captain will lead the club's squad into Anfield for Wednesday's memorial service marking the tragedy's 20th anniversary and his thoughts will be dominated by recollections of his late cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley.

Gilhooley, then 10, was the youngest of the 96 Liverpool supporters crushed to death at Sheffield Wednesday's home as their team played Nottingham Forest in an FA Cup semi-final.

"Unfortunately for myself and my family we got the dreaded knock the next morning to say that a member of our family was at the game and had been killed," said Gerrard today. "Obviously it was difficult to know that one of your cousins has been tragically crushed but seeing the reactions of his mum, dad and family helped me drive on to become the player I have developed into today."

Gerrard was only nine at the time but the graphic horror of the deadly chain of events unleashed by policing failures at Hillsborough's Leppings Lane end on 15 April 1989 has never left the England midfielder, who watched the tragedy unfold live on the BBC's Grandstand.

"I was really, really shocked and deeply saddened to have seen the scenes on TV at the time," he said. Like so many other *Liverpool fans Gerrard went to bed that night trusting family and friends had emerged unscathed. "I was lying there praying and keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't get any worse," he said.

Sadly, the next day brought news of Gilhooley's death but Gerrard's family were far from the only ones woken by sombre knocks on the front door and, two decades on, the memories remain raw.

"I'll see Jon-Paul's family at the service and it's nice to share it with them but also all the other families that are there showing their support," said Gerrard, whose admiration for the dignified way in which the bereaved have borne their loss is boundless. "They have behaved impeccably and the club are very proud of them and the way they have handled this tragedy. The Liverpool players will continue to be a support for them, I can guarantee you that," he pledged.

Indeed, at Anfield players, fans and club officials remain tightly bound by such acutely personal ties. "The memory of Hillsborough is very central and very important to this club and the 96 will never be forgotten, as well as the people that got hurt," emphasised Gerrard before explaining that foreign players joining Liverpool are quickly made aware of the disaster and its on-going repercussions.

"This club has fought for justice ever since and will continue to do so," he said. "It is important these people get remembered individually and not just as a number of 96. We have stuck together since that day like we always do at this club and that shows what kind of football club we are, sticking by each other when times are tough.

"We are not just about what happens on the pitch, we are all one off the pitch as well. Time has gone by but the scars will never ever be healed and the fans and the players will never, ever forget."
    RIP loves one. .

YNWA ! !!

YES ! they never lose before to any english clubs in their home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    2 - 2 DRAW!!! Extra Time!!! Penalty Shootout!!! I don't care who wins in the end, just drag the match as long as possible
    add some red cross to the players... bruise!!!

add some red cross to the players... bruise!!!
    Yep, some red cross and red cards to the manu players as well

let us win our next game!

Ya...let's win the next game against Arsenal. And hope Arsenal do us a favour.

Yep. Don't need to bother about the other teams. Just make sure we win the next match 1st.

tas the spirit boys!

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast