14th April 2009, 07:06 PM
<< Photoscholar.com >> Basic Digital Photography > 23 April THURSDAY 6:30pm
Basic Digital Photography )
Lesson ONE: 23 April, THURSDAY 6:30-8:30pm
Lesson TWO: 30 April, THURSDAY 6:30-8:30pm
Lesson THREE: 07 May, THURSDAY 6:30-8:30pm
Lesson FOUR: 09 May, SATURDAY afternoon (time to be confirmed)
or 14 May, THURSDAY 6:30-8:30pm
students are encouraged to take the saturday class so that they can practise what they have learnt during daytime where there's sunlight
Good photography is all about making the right choices -- and they aren't only the scary, technical ones.
Through live demonstrations and sample photographs, find out how making simple but critical decisions will dramatically improve your photography; learn to take control of your camera and solve real-world photography problems; and discover what makes a good photo good, and a bad photo rotten.
In four intensive lessons, instructors Lin Junjie | tiffstudios.com & Lance Lee | offstone.com provides participants with the fundamentals to advance their photography beyond the casual snapshots.
Starting 23 April 2009
04 lessons of 02 hours each
Venue: The Riverwalk, 20 Upper Circular Rd, #01-01
Conveniently located along Singapore River right between Boat Quay & Clarke Quay
3 mins from Clarke Quay MRT or 10 mins from City Hall MRT
Lesson One -- Aesthetics
1. Decisions, decisions, decisions -- simple choices that dramatically improve your photography
2. Using visual devices -- techniques for making your subject and photo stand out from others
3. The decisive moment -- tips and tricks to getting the shot at the right time
Lesson Two -- Technical
1. Focusing and shutter release -- taking controls over autofocusing
2. Exposure -- it's all about light
3. Metering -- is there something like a correct exposure? how does the camera figure that out?
Lesson Three -- Light and lenses
1. Light -- understanding different types of and how to make the best out of the worst
2. Flash -- why you should turn off the flash in night and use it in bright daylight, balancing with ambient, troubleshooting
3. Lenses -- the vocabulary of photography; strengths, quirks and limitations, making sense of jargons
Lesson Four -- Learning to critique & intro to DI
1. Critiquing photographs -- what makes a good photo good and a bad photo rotten
2. Intro to digital imaging -- with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, concepts applicable to all digital imaging software, learn the best techniques to shoot breathtaking panoramas
3. Going further -- wrapping up and further learning
Students must have their own DSLR or compact camera with manual override features (such as Canon G10)
Fees & Registration
Course Fees: S$200/- pax
Early Bird Promotion: Pay in full by 21 April and enjoy 10% discount! Pay $180 instead of $200!
Bring-a-friend promotion: Bring a friend along and enjoy $10 off your course fees!
Facebook Membership Discount: Join our Photoscholar.com facebook group (http://photoscholar.com/facebook) one week before course commences to enjoy another $10 discount.
Sign up now!
To register, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sms us at 90992285
15th April 2009, 11:34 AM
Re: << Photoscholar.com >> Basic Digital Photography > 23 April THURSDAY 6:30pm
there's already four confirmed sign-ups as they registered as a group (of four friends)
only three more slots left
(1) E. Poon
(2) M. L.
(3) M. Tan
(4) L. Heng
pls email us at email@example.com or sms us at 90992285 if you are keen. thanks