Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High ISO race - Your thoughts...

Blog Entries

Default Re: High ISO race - Your thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I have got the 2.8IS but is thinking whether I should downgrade to 4.0IS...
    once you use before, you will know what you are missing when you downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    i lack the high ISO capability with only max at ISO 1600.. even at f1.8, it's quite slow for me at night time. That's where high ISO for me is important and throwing my 450D body away is my next move.
    Haa true... I upgraded to 5D II, and never looked back to 450D again. I told it 4 days after upgrading. 5D II's ISO 6400 trumps 450D's ISO 800 hands down.

For me, higher ISO has much higher priority than pixel number. If my nikon D80 has D700's noise performance, I don't mind downgrading mine from 10MP to 5MP. Larger pixel number also suffers from data storage problem. (Maybe it's just me. I store raw files.)

However, all camera manufacturers, especially sony, like to go the mega pixel direction. Maybe it's because it's easier to advertise on mega pixel than noise performance.

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I have got the 2.8IS but is thinking whether I should downgrade to 4.0IS...
    If you're not under fiscal pressure, then don't sell it lah. You'll always be reminded on what you've given up.

Something just came to mind - high ISO, high IQ and wide wide aperture buttery bokeh - just like money - you can never have enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Something just came to mind - high ISO, high IQ and wide wide aperture buttery bokeh - just like money - you can never have enough of it!
    but seriously, who would use ISO 51200 if it ever comes out?
    they want to shoot sunset landscape at f22 handheld?

Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    journalists and PIs could use it.

for the rest of us? there will be chances. i won't say we need it but no harm having it la

i ever pushed my D300 all the way to 6400. F2.8 UWA lens, and still underexposed. i used manual exposure to limit the shutter to 1/2 sec. handheld, shoot on the go.

i was in some disused mine in australia (sovereign hill at ballarat). didn't want to use flash, and just wanted to get some snaps. IQ and noise was atrocious, but just for fun la. could really have used 12800 or even 25600...

I'm sure, like money, people will find a use for it once it's evolved, and then hunger for more. LOL!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 17th April 2009 at 01:55 AM.

they will find a dungeon, to shoot models without flash, etc..

alternatively, they can always do the customary test shots, then never touch it again..

at that iso speed, it's ultimately overkill. can shoot f11 in churches already.

should focus more on 32-bit sensors, rendering reality more realistically LOL

at that iso speed, it's ultimately overkill. can shoot f11 in churches already.

should focus more on 32-bit sensors, rendering reality more realistically LOL
    or expanding DR capabilities. i would love to get a day where i can just shoot a landscape and not have to layer, etc to get what i really see.

but well, no one really cares about that, people like figures, and gearheads have never been really all that pragmatic.

i think the higher-bit sensors would be able to capture details in shadows and highlights.
    what i'd like to see is those sensors capturing the exact image our eyes can see.

Technology is there for you to get better picture......it's not call advancement if it's stands still like 10~20 years ago.....like buying car......there are more and more auto transmissions and even CVT or paddle shift now at a fraction of cost....you do have a choice of manual transmission but why do you want one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123