Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    Don't mind me saying this but... even with a good lens.. this shot would have failed handheld. The proper way is to have used a tripod or dustbin or whatever to take this and up the f number.

Not to put you down ok? =)
    kinda agree i kaypoh the EXIF and it was 1/5 sec .. on a lens without IS .. not really possible handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    kinda agree i kaypoh the EXIF and it was 1/5 sec .. on a lens without IS .. not really possible handheld.
    Hahaha, that tool on your mac is really useful.
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

thank for sharing bro draken

actually it's a matter of situation.. if you want to shoot low light conditions without tripod and it's a portrait shot than the 50mm is good.. Kit lens for landscape night shoots are a-ok! Just remember to put f8.0 and use a tripod.

Settings:
    ISO 100
    Shutter Speed: 15 Seconds
    F Number: f11
    Focal Length 18mm
    Lens: 18-55mm Kit Lens
    Body: Canon 1000D

Night shot using 18-55

unfortunately no exif data.. so can't tell you whats the settings but I know it's f11.0 not sure how long exposure. It was stitched together too.. so not really a good example but it shows you what you are capable of doing.

Night shot using 50 mm prime

settings
    Make: Canon
    Model: Canon EOS 1000D
    Shutter Speed: 1/256 second
    F Number: F/2.5
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 400

Bro, ur photos like dat how 2 compare between kit n prime. Definitely i will choose d photo taken with d kit len 1 ma. hahaha...

Don't mind me saying this but... even with a good lens.. this shot would have failed handheld. The proper way is to have used a tripod or dustbin or whatever to take this and up the f number.

Not to put you down ok? =)
    If you had read my post instead of just looking at the photo, you would have realised I was just using this photo as an example

Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    no need to look at EXIF, i already posted out all the details

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    Okie bro, i go check my schedule first. But 2 bad bro Cakka cant go, so u still owe him 1 trip 2 Ubin leh... Hahaha...
    He told me to go ahead to organize for you guys and not to wait for him.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    If you had read my post instead of just looking at the photo, you would have realised I was just using this photo as an example
    yes fleaz I have read your post and looked at the picture before posting. But if in that respect, any lens without tripod would have given pretty much the same result. Thats why the golden rule about night photography is to shoot with tripods.

If you are going to say the 50 mm prime is not good for night shots I would agree and disagree.. agree as it will be poor in auto focussing aswell as shooting at f1.8 for landscape is quite dumb

However.. if your definition of night shots is you bringing your cam out at night and shooting friends or street shooting.. then now the prime becomes acceptable.. and in fact a much better choice over the kit lens due to the f1.8. This being said. shooting at f1.8 will cause anything you focus on to be sharper than the rest of the image. Which is.. desirable at times and is called bokeh.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    Bro, ur photos like dat how 2 compare between kit n prime. Definitely i will choose d photo taken with d kit len 1 ma. hahaha...
    Yeah lor.. I didn't shoot much with the 50mm prime after getting my external flash and tripod. I think I will have to use it more often now.. More portraits in the future perhaps. =)

yes fleaz I have read your post and looked at the picture before posting. But if in that respect, any lens without tripod would have given pretty much the same result. Thats why the golden rule about night photography is to shoot with tripods.

If you are going to say the 50 mm prime is not good for night shots I would agree and disagree.. agree as it will be poor in auto focussing aswell as shooting at f1.8 for landscape is quite dumb

However.. if your definition of night shots is you bringing your cam out at night and shooting friends or street shooting.. then now the prime becomes acceptable.. and in fact a much better choice over the kit lens due to the f1.8. This being said. shooting at f1.8 will cause anything you focus on to be sharper than the rest of the image. Which is.. desirable at times and is called bokeh.
    you haven't understood the purpose of my post. period.

i have no wish to further explain myself. have a good day.

missed the previous 2 outing, this time (ubin outing ) die die must go, registered liow (after draken)

Good Job Vin hope to see more guys go! Than we rock that stupid island upside down..

Quote Originally Posted by vpsk01 View Post
    missed the previous 2 outing, this time (ubin outing ) die die must go, registered liow (after draken)
    all bros, dont miss this Ubin trip. Ryan knows the good vantage point. so you guys can bring me there when im back.
    cakka/Flickr

Blog Entries

do read post #579 in this thread

eh what pulau ubin? and what the heck? after i go and sleep yesterday night, the thread got an additional 5 pages? -.-

what happened?

[QUOTE=haslansalam;5006192]Dumex the best! Here's a shot with Dumex (Tumax) flash yesterday:

Bro...looks like this milk brand not bad eh!!!

Question: Are you on auto or manual? I noticed you put ur settings on ISO 400 which is a bit high for flash in florescent environment and 1/60...which is too slow for ISO 400. I mean you run a very high risk of cam shake shooting at 1/60. If you are using flash, you have the freedom to shoot at high speeds like 1/200 ( which is max for ext flash shots at default unless you are using Speedlites which has high speed sync ) and at ISO 200 in florescent environment. I believe this was your same settings in your last wedding shots...my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by william yang View Post
    This is for u bro..

tks for the pic posted!

Quote Originally Posted by rocfreaks View Post
    eh what pulau ubin? and what the heck? after i go and sleep yesterday night, the thread got an additional 5 pages? -.-

what happened?
    Do register yourself here >> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...&postcount=402

i know its a sample photo but if you could avoid the bottom right corner distractions, that would be great.

[QUOTE=dev2k8;5008782]
    Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post
    Dumex the best! Here's a shot with Dumex (Tumax) flash yesterday:

Bro...looks like this milk brand not bad eh!!!

Question: Are you on auto or manual? I noticed you put ur settings on ISO 400 which is a bit high for flash in florescent environment and 1/60...which is too slow for ISO 400. I mean you run a very high risk of cam shake shooting at 1/60. If you are using flash, you have the freedom to shoot at high speeds like 1/200 ( which is max for ext flash shots at default unless you are using Speedlites which has high speed sync ) and at ISO 200 in florescent environment. I believe this was your same settings in your last wedding shots...my 2 cents
    hi bro, thanks for the tips, I shot using P Mode and set the flash to ETTL. One day we need to go out and shoot flash photography together. To me now, using flash does not give me the 'creativity' to play with my camera. Maybe I am not sure how to use it yet, thus not enjoying it at the moment... whats more in a candid and moving environment like wedding where different locations have different setting.
    Last edited by haslansalam; 20th April 2009 at 10:49 PM.
    facebook page | I don't have L lens