Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 983

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

  1. #581

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    please note new guidelines about posting images

    as i have already suggested, keep this kopitiam thread and link to the thread in the galleries
    if you have an outing you can all post in the same thread in the gallery and TCSS here

    the admin has made a decision and enforcement will follow shortly
    so we post the picture in the respective gallery. then create a post here with a link to that thread? am i understanding this correctly?

    so an example where we had the sunrise shoot recently. we will post the pics to the gallery thread under the Land/City-scapes and Travel section and then create a post here that says
    Posted my pics of the sunrise here at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...wpost&t=503676

    is this correct? (btw the link is just an example i just grabbed the first one there)

  2. #582
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    something like this

    Hey guys & glas, i have just returned from my trip to tokyo

    you can check out my pictures here

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...71#post4996671

    TCSS TCSS TCSS
    TCSS TCSS TCSS
    TCSS TCSS TCSS

  3. #583
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    then the reply can be

    hey i like 1. Touching down Narita!
    great framing, how i wish i was there

    then you can TCSS all you want

  4. #584

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you can check out the reviews that i have done if you want examples of what kind of images can be posted in relation to equipment discussion

    there is also the APAD project (read the guidelines for APAD project)
    i looked into APAD before but the one photo a day would probably not work for some of us (having said that i did create my own http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505036 .. so guys come over and comment okay!)

    However, combination of posts in gallery and apad togeher w links to those pages posted here would be a possible route to go.

  5. #585
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    we are still in discussion of what is and what is not allowed in the kopitiam

  6. #586

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    something like this

    Hey guys & glas, i have just returned from my trip to tokyo

    you can check out my pictures here

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...71#post4996671

    TCSS TCSS TCSS
    TCSS TCSS TCSS
    TCSS TCSS TCSS
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    then the reply can be

    hey i like 1. Touching down Narita!
    great framing, how i wish i was there

    then you can TCSS all you want
    Great! Thanks for the clarification. Of course I saw this post right after I posted a bunch of pictures .. will probably post them to the relevant galleries just to start the ball rolling.

  7. #587
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    i looked into APAD before but the one photo a day would probably not work for some of us (having said that i did create my own http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505036 .. so guys come over and comment okay!)

    However, combination of posts in gallery and apad togeher w links to those pages posted here would be a possible route to go.
    yes this is possible and does not go against any guidelines

    for commenting in the APAD forum, you will need to check the guidelines there
    also look at the other threads for examples.

    i no longer moderate the APAD forum

  8. #588

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    we are still in discussion of what is and what is not allowed in the kopitiam
    does that mean your suggestion might not be kosher for the admins at the end of the day?

  9. #589
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    does that mean your suggestion might not be kosher for the admins at the end of the day?
    normally almost anything goes in the kopitiam
    with exception of the guidelines in the terms of use

    just to clarify, there is no victimization or hidden propaganda of any sort going on. what make you think that your group has done to deserve that?
    We do not need to stoop to such measures, the remark about hidden propaganda is insulting and calls for more attention to your group and your activities.

    just follow the guidelines and have fun like everyone else
    if attention was not brought up about this, i might not even post in your threads at all.
    remember what i said about the double edged sword?

  10. #590

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    normally almost anything goes in the kopitiam
    with exception of the guidelines in the terms of use

    just to clarify, there is no victimization or hidden propaganda of any sort going on. what make you think that your group has done to deserve that?
    We do not need to stoop to such measures, the remark about hidden propaganda is insulting and calls for more attention to your group and your activities.

    just follow the guidelines and have fun like everyone else
    if attention was not brought up about this, i might not even post in your threads at all.
    remember what i said about the double edged sword?
    i think you read too much into my previous post that you quoting .. this is the problem with communicating over a medium that does not allow proper transmission of emotion.

    sequence of events (to me at least)(just to be clear)(also note to read this as if i am speaking in the calmest of tones)
    1. u mentioned we should use gallery and apad and hotlink them here in this thread
    2. i replied w a post to clarify if i understood it correctly citing an example
    3. u replied to that w your example with reinforced my understanding of the process
    4. u followed up w a post that said
      we are still in discussion of what is and what is not allowed in the kopitiam
    5. i took that to mean that the admins and mods are still deciding what is okay and what is not in the kopitiam threads .. and since the recommended solution involved the kopitiam thread .. i merely asked if there is a chance that what you recommending would not be allowed either. No victimisation. No yelling. No shouting. Just plain and humbly asking if there is a chance this will violate whatever the decision might be. There is a chance that the decision is to make Kopitiam threads non-photo related .. then you guys create another section for slightly related photo discussion .. or whatever. possible.. no?


    So personally, I just wanna get all these admin issues out of the way. I wanna get back into the SSS and the BBB (hopefully not so frequent) and not have to worry if we did something wrong again. But I would like to get it correct once and for all (or at least for a long while).

    I understand the mods/admins have a tough job to do and that is why i am glad i dont have your job. However, I would just like to plead with the mods as well as the members here not to read TOO much into posts and give everyone the benefit of the doubt that none of us have hidden agendas or are automatically antagonistic. Ultimately, we are here to share so we can enjoy photography.

    P.S. Ortega: you would let us know here in this thread if the example of usages that we discussed here is not okay right? In the meantime I am finishing theis post and linking to my APAD and gallery posts.

  11. #591

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    So here goes .. posted the selected pictures from Hort Park here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...06&postcount=1 .. I think comments about it can be posted here. Thanks.

  12. #592
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    ok my bad for not being clear

    about the "victimization or hidden propaganda" this was posted by one of your members
    in another thread elsewhere in CS

    so far everything in fine and dandy

    yes comments can be posted here in the kopitiam as well,
    you can also post comment about the photos in the gallery as well but
    TCSS belongs here in the kopitiam

    we do not want the galleries to turn into another kopitiam
    Last edited by ortega; 20th April 2009 at 12:30 PM.

  13. #593
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    elooo bro mod ortega and bro netjackal....

    Sorry to interrupt..and hopefully no hard feelings on what i commenting now..
    Actually...browsing the recent conversation u both have on the kopitiam thread. I BLURRRR,,,

    So just want to highlight..

    To be frank a poor intellectual person like me..haha..(my english no good..) actually cant really understand wat are you guys discussing about. to make it short..

    Everyone here in clubsnap, or some of them or so called human nature, dun care or dun have the time to read the guidelines or even manual of the camera..haha..its naturally will do own experimentation to learn anytin without refering to any guides..like my case..i just monkey see monkey do..

    But i proud of what both of u doing now..trying to make things clear ..even though u both have a hard time, mostly all of us here are working adults and active student..so popping to a site or any forum site, Everyone will try to get into the most convenient way to do anyting. (I one of them)

    Since u guys have the understanding,, I believe bro netjackal will brief us on the guidelines about posting pics here..

    and to Mods..i hope you don't see us as a organisation or club trying to seek attention at CS here. we are just normal bunch of people who reunite here..with the same make of camera model and same funny funny interest on photography, as well we are not biased, we do have different2 make of camera joining us on our outings. I just dont want u guys (all mods) have the looking for e.g ( Oh CLUB 1000D..this group ah..blah blah blah). Seriously we are all noobs. We always welcome senior. Always looking for sum1 experience to learn for.
    for e.g Bro Scud - 1st time we see him...we talk like old frens..even though we just know him for that night, and forget to thank him for the wine.haha..thanks bro scud

    I happy that we have this forum, To Mod ortega.did u see the chalet pics at this kopitiam site.. do u believe ..all of us just know each other for not so long..all happens in clubsnap here, we share thoughts and experience all through clubsnap.. So seeing all the tensions that happening now..which make some of us CSers here uncomfortable..
    do upset me.

    But now, thankfully to all involve in this thread like all the buddies that has been supporting Club 1000D thread,,and also hard work from moderator here.. I just hope everything is just fine after this.No more tension or miscommunications.


    Sincerely.
    Fatah
    Last edited by Fatah; 20th April 2009 at 12:32 PM.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  14. #594
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    no problems, me was also a normal member once

    me also busy working adult
    I too have made good friends here in CS
    don't worry too much i understand

  15. #595

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    elooo bro mod ortega and bro netjackal....

    Sorry to interrupt..and hopefully no hard feelings on what i commenting now..
    Actually...browsing the recent conversation u both have on the kopitiam thread. I BLURRRR,,,

    So just want to highlight..

    To be frank a poor intellectual person like me..haha..(my english no good..) actually cant really understand wat are you guys discussing about. to make it short..

    Everyone here in clubsnap, or some of them or so called human nature, dun care or dun have the time to read the guidelines or even manual of the camera..haha..its naturally will do own experimentation to learn anytin without refering to any guides..like my case..i just monkey see monkey do..

    But i proud of what both of u doing now..trying to make things clear ..even though u both have a hard time, mostly all of us here are working adults and active student..so popping to a site or any forum site, Everyone will try to get into the most convenient way to do anyting. (I one of them)

    Since u guys have the understanding,, I believe bro netjackal will brief us on the guidelines about posting pics here..

    and to Mods..i hope you don't see us as a organisation or club trying to seek attention at CS here. we are just normal bunch of people who reunite here..with the same make of camera model and same funny funny interest on photography, as well we are not biased, we do have different2 make of camera joining us on our outings. I just dont want u guys (all mods) have the looking for e.g ( Oh CLUB 1000D..this group ah..blah blah blah). Seriously we are all noobs. We always welcome senior. Always looking for sum1 experience to learn for.
    for e.g Bro Scud - 1st time we see him...we talk like old frens..even though we just know him for that night, and forget to thank him for the wine.haha..thanks bro scud

    I happy that we have this forum, To Mod ortega.did u see the chalet pics at this kopitiam site.. do u believe ..all of us just know each other for not so long..all happens in clubsnap here, we share thoughts and experience all through clubsnap.. So seeing all the tensions that happening now..which make some of us CSers here uncomfortable..
    do upset me.

    But now, thankfully to all involve in this thread like all the buddies that has been supporting Club 1000D thread,,and also hard work from moderator here.. I just hope everything is just fine after this.No more tension or miscommunications.


    Sincerely.
    Fatah


    Agree with u Fatah!!! Bro mod ortega and Bro netjackal 1000 thanks 4 giving us so much help here, CHEERS!!!

    But frankly speaking, I'm really blur liao, catch no ball at all!!! Plse 4give mi!!! LoL
    Last edited by sleepytiti; 20th April 2009 at 01:00 PM.

  16. #596

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Hey guys, I will post more in-depth examples of the process to post images here. But I have to finish a report at work. So in the meantime, TCSS all you want but wrt to posting images .. I hope you can hold off on those questions until after that post so there is no misunderstanding. In the meantime, go and kaypoh the guidelines for APAD (A-Photo-A-Day) section, I started one and I cannot wait for tomorrow to upload a new one. That is like my personal album now. Only one picture so far (only started today). GO check mine out at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505036.

  17. #597

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    Hey guys, I will post more in-depth examples of the process to post images here. But I have to finish a report at work. So in the meantime, TCSS all you want but wrt to posting images .. I hope you can hold off on those questions until after that post so there is no misunderstanding. In the meantime, go and kaypoh the guidelines for APAD (A-Photo-A-Day) section, I started one and I cannot wait for tomorrow to upload a new one. That is like my personal album now. Only one picture so far (only started today). GO check mine out at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505036.
    Bros
    Pls note on Netjackal remarks in RED to avoid future misunderstanding.

    Im leaving 2moro and wish you guys lots of sss FUN. see you early June and i will be checking my gmail, so update me pls

    Go shoot but NO MORE BOOZING (till i come back)
    cakka/Flickr

  18. #598
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    Bros
    Pls note on Netjackal remarks in RED to avoid future misunderstanding.

    Im leaving 2moro and wish you guys lots of sss FUN. see you early June and i will be checking my gmail, so update me pls

    Go shoot but NO MORE BOOZING (till i come back)

    wAARGGGH///leaving againnnn...happening ah..k all d best...so ur target when come back to sg is 50d and 70-200 rite..call me when want to go shopping ok..hahaha
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  19. #599

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    wAARGGGH///leaving againnnn...happening ah..k all d best...so ur target when come back to sg is 50d and 70-200 rite..call me when want to go shopping ok..hahaha
    YUP ... will update you guys 1 week before i return. meanwhile do save or print any good reviews on other lens eg like the Tamron Brodev came across. So you guys can help me make decision. Maybe better to have more 3rd party rather than one BIG L.

    you very well know all welcome to use what i have.

    cheers
    cakka/Flickr

  20. #600
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    YUP ... will update you guys 1 week before i return. meanwhile do save or print any good reviews on other lens eg like the Tamron Brodev came across. So you guys can help me make decision. Maybe better to have more 3rd party rather than one BIG L.

    you very well know all welcome to use what i have.

    cheers
    I suggest u get a wide angle...for ur landscape...get either a sigma or tamron..fedodedo have mention to me before on the sigma 10-20,,,he say its a good buy..u can enjoy superb wide angle view while doing landscape with the booze in ur hand..haha so i can borrow also.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •